Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

I think I get it now.

Question: Could, in theory, someone draft a rookie QB, start all 16 games that same season, then the following year (after his rookie season), start both seasons 16 games, and still be 1 tag? Or would the second season require 7 starts or less to preserve the 1 tag?

You get to start a guy 39/48 games. The 9 sat have to be the last season.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Going to snag a rookie QB, alternate Mahomes and said QB for 7 games apiece, use a filler QB for 2 games per season, maintain QB duo for 2 tags indefinitely.

#Looped

That's the way to do it. Too bad you couldn't have landed Dak or another QB who only costs one tag. Maybe throw in a Jimmy G. Keep three QBs for three tags. Break the game.

So I’m clear. I can draft four rookies this season after next, start two of them S18, start two others S19. Sit them out S20, draft two more rookies, and then have 6 keepers for 6 tags in S21 that each has already been a starter for me?

What a trash rule.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

You get to start a guy 39/48 games. The 9 sat have to be the last season.

That might be fishy but Watson hasn’t played for 2 seasons. Coincidentally he’s a second year player like Watt which might be where the confusion is coming from. If a player is on the practice squad for 1-2 seasons like Watson they’re defintely able to be kept for 1 tag.....the rookie rule and PS rule are two separate things. 

I could see being upset or obsessed if i was doing 7 games on, 9 games off but I’ve done it fair and square and he’s just been sitting on my bench until the right time where he’s gotten numerous successful seasons under his belt.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

So I’m clear. I can draft four rookies this season after next, start two of them S18, start two others S19. Sit them out S20, draft two more rookies, and then have 6 keepers for 6 tags in S21 that each has already been a starter for me?

What a trash rule.

Only two of them that played in a game can be kept for one tag that season. And if they don't play, they're practice squad keepers. The rookie status is irrelevant.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Only two of them that played in a game can be kept for one tag that season. And if they don't play, they're practice squad keepers. The rookie status is irrelevant.

You’re missing.

S18: Draft Players 1,2,3,4

Start 1,2

all four can be kept for 1 tag

S19: start 3,4

S20

Draft players 5,6

start 5,6

S21 - 6 starters for 6 tags

Just now, pwny said:

You’re missing.

Start 1,2

S20

Draft players 5,6

start 5,6

If you wanna wait three seasons to do it, sure.

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

What a trash rule.

Yes. Although I fail to see how you'd benefit from spending 4 tags per season on players who you plan to only start for a combined 32 games....

Haven't read the last 3 pages. But @TheKillerNacho I was thinking maybe we could have a "voter committee"(not sure what to call it).

But allow each owner one ballot to submit a rule change they feel best for the leauge. Ex: My ballot says that "A Wr3 should cost 2 tags". Other owners agree/disagree with the ballot and the majority ends up implementing the rule or not.

Feel like this could possibly help with the situation unfolding now if there are unforeseen circumstances that no one had thought of.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

You’re missing.

Start 1,2

S20

Draft players 5,6

start 5,6

That's a lot of investment for such minimal gain, and that's assuming all 6 are even worth keeping. Not every rookie pans out, obviously

Archived