Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

Pwny's Definitive Name and Logo Rankings

20. Egypt Starfalls
Dawn+Starfall.gif

I just don't like this logo at all. The flat color scheme makes it look lifeless. And the name just isn't good; not everything needs to be pluralized (see: Fire, Venom), and it probably works better as Starfell than Starfall.

19. Southview Saints
Southview+Saints.gif

I"m not a fan. This is a logo that belongs on a high school in Ohio that couldn't get funding to stay open. It looks like an angel that got punched in the face and doesn't elicit the feeling of it being a saint. The color scheme is really wonky as well; blue is the primary, but there is no blue to be found anywhere on the logo that is otherwise dominated by yellow.

18. Phoenix Rattlers
Phoenix+Rattlers.gif

There's nothing really wrong with this logo in principle. The larger size of the logo is a well crafted, intimidating snake that would work really well for a logo. However, the sizing restrictions of the NSFL logos do this logo more harm than any other. You can barely make out there the snake has eyes or a set of teeth; the tongue could easily be mistaken for a stripe down the snake's body. The minor details that make this such a good logo get lost in the shrinking of the image.

17. Reykjavík Direwolves
Reykjav%C3%ADk+Direwolves.gif

The play on the Timberwolves is good. I appreciate finding the most ridiculously named place to place the team after having to move out of Winterfell. Where this falls flat is having a logo that's too busy for the size restrictions in place.

16. Scranton Papermakers
Scranton+Papermakers.gif

Sometimes a great name leaves nothing for a logo, and that's what happened here. A great play on Dunder Mifflin, and typical college naming (Boilermakers, etc.) led to a quality name that's in the upper half of the league. It all fell apart when a logo had to be put together though. It's an S on a rounded square, typical of colleges that don't have a mascot idea. I've just never been a fan of them. But at least it's not flat white on purple.

15. Seattle Sonics
Seattle+Sonics.gif

It's the Seattle [Super]Sonics. It's Sonic the Hedgehog. It's a great pairing. I'm a huge Sonic fan; Sonic Mania is probably my favorite game on this generation of consoles. But his lanky body doesn't lend itself that well to being a somewhat square logo.

14. Iowa Jagwads
Iowa+Jagwads.gif

Objectively, this is the worst logo. Objectively, this is the worst team name. It absolutely should be 20 in anyone else's rankings. When I sized it down for use as a logo, I even forgot to clean up some of the background lines, and you can see then in the lower right. Still, the fact that it's hated so much makes it endearing enough to make it here. Woody Page's nickname for the Jaguars is more of a scathing comment on the current Jaguars than any poster on here could come up with. The only way the name could be better is if the team was in Jacksonville. Switching to the idiot Jaguar logo would bring this one up pretty far in the quality of logo category, but it might lose something in the pure absurdity of it all.

13. Freiburg Venom
StiqH03.png

I like the name. I like the logo. I don't really like how close in color this turned out to Phoenix's logo. *Note: a new logo has been sent to Sir1A that pushes this up the list.

12. Little Rock Uni Royals
Melbourne+Uni+Royals.gif

The Uni Royals lost all their charm when they moved from Melbourne to Little Rock. Americans don't even call their Universities Uni, and the juxtaposition between Little Rock and the Charming Uni Royals just doesn't work.

11. Indianapolis Predators
Indianapolis+Predators.gif

If you're going to be named the Predators, I can't think of a better logo to use than The Predator. There's not much to dislike here, but if I am going to nitpick, I'd want a little more color against the black and grey. 

10. Breckenridge Cannibals
rqEOJ9B.png

I think this is the worst logo of my redesigns. It's a solid logo, but I feel like something is missing.

9. Miami Sharks
KQmScMf.png

I think the color scheme could do with some livening up. Otherwise, a strong logo with a solid team name.

8. Richmond Flying Squirrels
Richmond+Flying+Squirrels.gif

This is the only team name/logo in the entire league that I felt wasn't in need of an update this year. The Giants' AA team put together a great logo with this one.

7. South Africa Wooly Mammoths
y3PdFX1.png

Does anyone remember the monstrosity that was going to be the original Mammoths logo? We've come a long way.

6. Kansas City Knights
6CbKa9P.png

Return on investment, this is my favorite logo update. The old Knights logo was busy, blurry and just not good. A fresh new look to go with what might be the best set of keepers KC has ever had.

5. Rio de Janeiro Pirates
UHUlZjJ.png

I don't have a write up for this one. Using the subtle gold for the headband has really grown on me.

4. Tacoma Thunder
xCeKcIO.png

One of my favorites of the redesign, I actually think this logo looks a little like something you might see for an insurance company - but it works.

3. Hanoi Viet Kongs
6O8y1z8.png

I'm not sure I'm sold on the pluralization of Kong here, but it's tough to argue that the wordplay isn't the best in league history. The logo is one of the best in the league too.

2. Chicago Fire
FlXZ3aV.png

I was only ever going to change if I thought the logo and name combo was better than the Bullets. No surprise this is a top two choice for me. I could easily see this being a couple spots lower for someone who isn't as in love with the city of Chicago as I am though.

1. Rocket City Trash Pandas
kur1K24.png

The best logo in the sim. Fun, a great play on words and the city's history. I know this is football, and everything is supposed to be tough logos that make you fear the opponent, but this cute guy is my favorite. 

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

"the top logos are all the ones I made" - artist formerly known as iPwn, 2019

The top logo is actually a minor league baseball team.

So 
H1NTzer.gif

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

20. Egypt Starfalls
Dawn+Starfall.gif

I just don't like this logo at all. The flat color scheme makes it look lifeless. And the name just isn't good; not everything needs to be pluralized (see: Fire, Venom), and it probably works better as Starfell than Starfall.

19. Southview Saints
Southview+Saints.gif

I"m not a fan. This is a logo that belongs on a high school in Ohio that couldn't get funding to stay open. It looks like an angel that got punched in the face and doesn't elicit the feeling of it being a saint. The color scheme is really wonky as well; blue is the primary, but there is no blue to be found anywhere on the logo that is otherwise dominated by yellow.

18. Phoenix Rattlers
Phoenix+Rattlers.gif

There's nothing really wrong with this logo in principle. The larger size of the logo is a well crafted, intimidating snake that would work really well for a logo. However, the sizing restrictions of the NSFL logos do this logo more harm than any other. You can barely make out there the snake has eyes or a set of teeth; the tongue could easily be mistaken for a stripe down the snake's body. The minor details that make this such a good logo get lost in the shrinking of the image.

17. Reykjavík Direwolves

The play on the Timberwolves is good. I appreciate finding the most ridiculously named place to place the team after having to move out of Winterfell. Where this falls flat is having a logo that's too busy for the size restrictions in place.

16. Scranton Papermakers
Scranton+Papermakers.gif

Sometimes a great name leaves nothing for a logo, and that's what happened here. A great play on Dunder Mifflin, and typical college naming (Boilermakers, etc.) led to a quality name that's in the upper half of the league. It all fell apart when a logo had to be put together though. It's an S on a rounded square, typical of colleges that don't have a mascot idea. I've just never been a fan of them. But at least it's not flat white on purple.

15. Seattle Sonics
Seattle+Sonics.gif

It's the Seattle [Super]Sonics. It's Sonic the Hedgehog. It's a great pairing. I'm a huge Sonic fan; Sonic Mania is probably my favorite game on this generation of consoles. But his lanky body doesn't lend itself that well to being a somewhat square logo.

14. Iowa Jagwads
Iowa+Jagwads.gif

Objectively, this is the worst logo. Objectively, this is the worst team name. It absolutely should be 20 in anyone else's rankings. When I sized it down for use as a logo, I even forgot to clean up some of the background lines, and you can see then in the lower right. Still, the fact that it's hated so much makes it endearing enough to make it here. Woody Page's nickname for the Jaguars is more of a scathing comment on the current Jaguars than any poster on here could come up with. The only way the name could be better is if the team was in Jacksonville. Switching to the idiot Jaguar logo would bring this one up pretty far in the quality of logo category, but it might lose something in the pure absurdity of it all.

13. Freiburg Venom
StiqH03.png

I like the name. I like the logo. I don't really like how close in color this turned out to Phoenix's logo. *Note: a new logo has been sent to Sir1A that pushes this up the list.

12. Little Rock Uni Royals
Melbourne+Uni+Royals.gif

The Uni Royals lost all their charm when they moved from Melbourne to Little Rock. Americans don't even call their Universities Uni, and the juxtaposition between Little Rock and the Charming Uni Royals just doesn't work.

11. Indianapolis Predators
Indianapolis+Predators.gif

If you're going to be named the Predators, I can't think of a better logo to use than The Predator. There's not much to dislike here, but if I am going to nitpick, I'd want a little more color against the black and grey. 

10. Breckenridge Cannibals
rqEOJ9B.png

I think this is the worst logo of my redesigns. It's a solid logo, but I feel like something is missing.

9. Miami Sharks
KQmScMf.png

I think the color scheme could do with some livening up. Otherwise, a strong logo with a solid team name.

8. Richmond Flying Squirrels
Richmond+Flying+Squirrels.gif

This is the only team name/logo in the entire league that I felt wasn't in need of an update this year. The Giants' AA team put together a great logo with this one.

7. South Africa Wooly Mammoths
y3PdFX1.png

Does anyone remember the monstrosity that was going to be the original Mammoths logo? We've come a long way.

6. Kansas City Knights
6CbKa9P.png

Return on investment, this is my favorite logo update. The old Knights logo was busy, blurry and just not good. A fresh new look to go with what might be the best set of keepers KC has ever had.

5. Rio de Janeiro Pirates
UHUlZjJ.png

I don't have a write up for this one. Using the subtle gold for the headband has really grown on me.

4. Tacoma Thunder
xCeKcIO.png

One of my favorites of the redesign, I actually think this logo looks a little like something you might see for an insurance company - but it works.

3. Hanoi Viet Kongs
6O8y1z8.png

I'm not sure I'm sold on the pluralization of Kong here, but it's tough to argue that the wordplay isn't the best in league history. The logo is one of the best in the league too.

2. Chicago Fire
FlXZ3aV.png

I was only ever going to change if I thought the logo and name combo was better than the Bullets. No surprise this is a top two choice for me. I could easily see this being a couple spots lower for someone who isn't as in love with the city of Chicago as I am though.

1. Rocket City Trash Pandas
kur1K24.png

The best logo in the sim. Fun, a great play on words and the city's history. I know this is football, and everything is supposed to be tough logos that make you fear the opponent, but this cute guy is my favorite. 

You got way too much time

bozo.. check yourself son! 

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Make me a Leprechaun Logo for BDL thanks 

Sure. Trade me Zach Ertz or Mario Addison for an 8th round pick.

19 minutes ago, pwny said:

17. Reykjavík Direwolves

Reykjavik is not a ridiculous name.

It's one of the most trendy newer tourist destinations (and super affordable). I was supposed to go last summer, then had to cancel because my travel buddy had a baby and wasn't allowed to leave.. then I wanted to go this past summer but I changed jobs and moved to a new city so all my vacation and whatnot got effed up.

I'll go someday. Looks super cool.

I've been contemplating relocating my franchise again - I'll consult you first to make sure I choose somewhere with a top ranking.

Cool concept list though. Thanks for doing it.

Archived