Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

18. EaglesPete

Again, no franchise QB. The Trash Pandas seemingly had a nice walk to the conference chip this year with Brady. For one reason or another they decided to throw him away and try to rebuild. They have a solid versatile rb in McCaffery, and a good number 1 wr in Adams. Keeping DJ Moore was a head scratcher as he didn't really have a strong year in my opinion and the team likely would have been better off spending those tags elsewhere or trading them away.

Addison and Flowers are great ends on their line and Jackson lit up the league this year. Three solid pieces going forward but not having a standout LB or a half decent CB will hurt this team heading into the year without a doubt.

how dare you disparage Jimmy Handsome! lol   I’m very interested to see how the Sim values him. I think I have a long term but maybe not a short term QB

DJ Moore had 900+ and 9TD’s in the sim last year. Well worth the tag IMO

overall pretty fair assessment of my team given its unknowns 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

18. EaglesPete

Again, no franchise QB. The Trash Pandas seemingly had a nice walk to the conference chip this year with Brady. For one reason or another they decided to throw him away and try to rebuild. They have a solid versatile rb in McCaffery, and a good number 1 wr in Adams. Keeping DJ Moore was a head scratcher as he didn't really have a strong year in my opinion and the team likely would have been better off spending those tags elsewhere or trading them away.

Addison and Flowers are great ends on their line and Jackson lit up the league this year. Three solid pieces going forward but not having a standout LB or a half decent CB will hurt this team heading into the year without a doubt.

how dare you disparage Jimmy Handsome! lol   I’m very interested to see how the Sim values him. I think I have a long term but maybe not a short term QB

Jimmy G (potentially) has long term value, but I think most people are ranking keepers based on how they will perform in the upcoming sim, and there is no reason to believe Jimmy is anything beyond a replacement level starter (right now).

Based on the current keepers, you have the 16th best QB.. and that is putting him above Turbisky and Carr, which is probably pretty debatable.

I traded for Jimmy hoping that his 2018 season would catapult him (I had him, rather than Mahomes, as the big jumper in 2018)

I wasn't willing to wait 2 more NSFL seasons to see if he would vault upward

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

18. EaglesPete

DJ Moore is pretty similar tbh

He had a mediocre rookie season, but obviously is just 21. He's a fringe keeper for sure, but I won't disparage someone for keeping him

To me he is a #3 WR in NSFL, with long term potential if he puts up 1000-1200 yards and 8+ TDs in his sophomore season

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Younger and better than the 1.2

Without question better now, and has a far higher ceiling. I also think Golladay is never going to do what he did this season again. He’s a classic case of a player who only gets yards because no one else on the team is capable. The Lions are gonna bring in some other receivers, and he’ll drop down to being a 700 yard receiver.  

He feasted once he went to a QB who actually could throw the ball deep enough to reach the routes he runs. He should pair nice with Rivers.

Was looking back to see if I ever had Amari (I didn't), and stumbled across these and almost cried.. RIP Calvin

Wide Receivers:
Calvin Johnson [16 GS]: 105 receptions for 1,554 yards (14.80 YPR, 47 LNG), 14 touchdowns, 3 drops, 1 fumble.
A.J. Green [16 GS]: 115 receptions for 1,733 yards (15.07 YPR, 65 LNG), 9 touchdowns, 6 drops.
Eddie Royal [16 GS]: 50 receptions for 703 yards (14.06 YPR, 31 LNG), 5 touchdowns, 6 drops.

Tight End:
Jared Cook [16 GS]: 67 receptions for 748 yards (11.16 YPR, 38 LNG), 7 touchdowns, 3 drops, 1 fumble. 9 pancakes.

Wide Receivers:
Calvin Johnson [16 GS]: 120 receptions for 1,669 yards (13.91 YPR, 41 LNG), 13 touchdowns, 2 drops.
A.J. Green [16 GS]: 101 receptions for 1,289 yards (12.76 YPR, 80 LNG), 8 touchdowns, 3 drops, 4 fumbles.
Marvin Jones [16 GS]: 53 receptions for 612 yards (11.55 YPR, 27 LNG), 3 touchdowns, 7 drops.

Tight End:
Jordan Cameron [16 GS]: 79 receptions for 999 yards (12.65 YPR, 59 LNG), 10 touchdowns, 5 drops. 9 pancakes.

Archived