canadaluvsdallas

GDT [Divisional Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Rams

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

In all seriousness, I'll be the Cowboys fan who predicts the loss. I think we probably overachieved this year. Witten retires, we inexplicably cut our franchises all time best WR, our QB/OC combination has to be bottom 10 in the league aside from maybe 2 games this year.  SL and Dak mesh like oil and water. Along with an OL who regressed from best to slightly above average. 

Even with the addition of Cooper midseason, and the fire power he brought, can we really say we won all these games because of our offense? 23 points was the most ever scored against us during our win streak. We held Matt Ryan, Julio, Drew Brees, Kamara, and M.Thomas to a combined 29 points.

No, our offense is no longer hopeless now that we have Cooper, and I am a huge fan of Ezekiel Elliott but it's our defense that has carried us.

On paper, we were supposed to struggle on offense. With the receiving departures and a rookie LG we didn't look stacked on offense, and that's the way it played out on the field as well.

The defense was a big surprise. Byron was switching positions which some thought would expose him more. We are starting Heath at safety again, we still didn't bring in a real 1T, and we just wasted our 1st round pick to sit on the bench behind Lee and Jaylon Smith who btw is unproven and overwhelmed. We are starting Crawford as our blindside edge rusher opposite Lawrence who we are about to lose, and RG will never see an NFL game.

Yes... things were looking grim from the start. Even 8 weeks into the season nothing much had changed that outlook. We were starting to look at our first round pick like it was our savior.... then Jerry traded it away.

And all was dark in forums.

It became hard to predict wins after that. I had already been burned earlier in the season predicting wins and getting the L.  I didn't think we would beat ATL in ATL. I didn't think we would beat the Saints. I didn't think we could beat Philly in Philly, and when we did I thought we would at least split with them, so I predicted us to lose to them at home. I also thought, without Zeke, Martin, and Tyron we would lose to a surging Giants in a meaningless game. Meanwhile I thought we'd beat the Texans in what was essentially a home game, and I thought we would be the Titans.

All in all I'm 6-10 on the year, so be happy that I predict the loss. I thought we would somehow squeak by against Seattle in a low scoring game so I'm 1-0 in the playoffs. But I just don't see us squeaking by the Rams. I talked about how we looked on paper coming into the season, well you know who looked like the paper champions? The Rams. Both offenses have been just what we thought they were on paper. Both defenses have been a bit of a surprise. The Cowboys surprisingly good, and the Rams surprisingly not elite despite what the depth chart says. 

I think the Cowboys defense keep the Rams honest, but in the end I think the better roster wins. There is a reason why we are underdogs here. I just don't trust SL and Dak to keep up. Rams find a way to score late and make the game look worse than what it was

31-16 Rams

Unless you're trying to do some reverse voodoo sh1t.

Stop being a big 'ol RICHARD.

Edited by HDsportsfan

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

In all seriousness, I'll be the Cowboys fan who predicts the loss. I think we probably overachieved this year. Witten retires, we inexplicably cut our franchises all time best WR, our QB/OC combination has to be bottom 10 in the league aside from maybe 2 games this year.  SL and Dak mesh like oil and water. Along with an OL who regressed from best to slightly above average. 

Even with the addition of Cooper midseason, and the fire power he brought, can we really say we won all these games because of our offense? 23 points was the most ever scored against us during our win streak. We held Matt Ryan, Julio, Drew Brees, Kamara, and M.Thomas to a combined 29 points.

No, our offense is no longer hopeless now that we have Cooper, and I am a huge fan of Ezekiel Elliott but it's our defense that has carried us.

On paper, we were supposed to struggle on offense. With the receiving departures and a rookie LG we didn't look stacked on offense, and that's the way it played out on the field as well.

The defense was a big surprise. Byron was switching positions which some thought would expose him more. We are starting Heath at safety again, we still didn't bring in a real 1T, and we just wasted our 1st round pick to sit on the bench behind Lee and Jaylon Smith who btw is unproven and overwhelmed. We are starting Crawford as our blindside edge rusher opposite Lawrence who we are about to lose, and RG will never see an NFL game.

Yes... things were looking grim from the start. Even 8 weeks into the season nothing much had changed that outlook. We were starting to look at our first round pick like it was our savior.... then Jerry traded it away.

And all was dark in forums.

It became hard to predict wins after that. I had already been burned earlier in the season predicting wins and getting the L.  I didn't think we would beat ATL in ATL. I didn't think we would beat the Saints. I didn't think we could beat Philly in Philly, and when we did I thought we would at least split with them, so I predicted us to lose to them at home. I also thought, without Zeke, Martin, and Tyron we would lose to a surging Giants in a meaningless game. Meanwhile I thought we'd beat the Texans in what was essentially a home game, and I thought we would be the Titans.

All in all I'm 6-10 on the year, so be happy that I predict the loss. I thought we would somehow squeak by against Seattle in a low scoring game so I'm 1-0 in the playoffs. But I just don't see us squeaking by the Rams. I talked about how we looked on paper coming into the season, well you know who looked like the paper champions? The Rams. Both offenses have been just what we thought they were on paper. Both defenses have been a bit of a surprise. The Cowboys surprisingly good, and the Rams surprisingly not elite despite what the depth chart says. 

I think the Cowboys defense keep the Rams honest, but in the end I think the better roster wins. There is a reason why we are underdogs here. I just don't trust SL and Dak to keep up. Rams find a way to score late and make the game look worse than what it was

31-16 Rams

As much as sober Ace agrees with this, I'm 7 deep st 9% and skipped lunch. Pounding beers. Not sure where I'm going woth this but screw the rams and their nerd fans with their high quality comuters running workd of Warcraft or whatever. The entirety of LA better get ready to suck some Dak

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

That wasn’t nice of them to throw toilet paper all over everybody’s seats

13 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

As much as sober Ace agrees with this, I'm 7 deep st 9% and skipped lunch. Pounding beers. Not sure where I'm going woth this but screw the rams and their nerd fans with their high quality comuters running workd of Warcraft or whatever. The entirety of LA better get ready to suck some Dak

I think fortnite is the new it computer game 

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I think fortnite is the new it computer game 

11a9cb1088ebd0052b822debffe4f2c9dc007209

It sure would be nice to have a healthy Dez opposite Amari right about now. People forget Dez and Dak balled out in the playoffs. A jump man like Dez would pair well with a route runner like Amari. We should have just offered him a pay cut, even though it kinda sounds like we don't need the space anymore 

Edited by DaBoys

Just now, DaBoys said:

It sure would be nice to have a healthy Dez opposite Amari right about now. People forget Dez and Dak balled out in the playoffs 

It's be nicer if my aunt had balls cause then she'd be my uncle and she could throw a football with me 16 years ago as a he

Everyone hated Dez cause all he could run was a fly route, and then that ends up being all we use Gallup for.

Edited by DaBoys

21 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

11a9cb1088ebd0052b822debffe4f2c9dc007209

I hate that goddamned dance. My kids do it everytime they are bored. Like, were waiting in a line to buy movie tickets? they bust out with that dance. In the middle of a lecture about cleaning their room? Bust out that dance. Super lame new song comes on? They bust out that dance, followed by me drop kicking them in the head and changing the station. 

Everyone hated Dez cause all he could run was a fly route, and then that ends up being all we use Gallup for.

Real talk tho if we had dez we never would have traded for amari cause is fragile eggshell ego couldn't take it anyways and Gallup is hella cheap

Thats because an 8 year vet was only able to run the routes as good as a rookie that started the depth chart out at 5th. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I hate that goddamned dance. My kids do it everytime they are bored. Like, were waiting in a line to buy movie tickets? they bust out with that dance. In the middle of a lecture about cleaning their room? Bust out that dance. Super lame new song comes on? They bust out that dance, followed by me drop kicking them in the head and changing the station. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11760178

While I agree the D really set the tone for the season and was a huge part of all our wins I do feel our O is better then most expect.  Yes we have struggled turning our offensive success is a lot of games into points but don’t discount the value of some of those drives that end up with FG.  Our Dnis helped a lot by who much time our O eats off the clock running the ball and using the short passing game that gets firsts downs but not a lot big plays. I think a key part of the Seattle win and this upcoming game is TOP we had almost a 3-3 edge against Seattle and need to duplicate that against the Rams the less they are on the field the fresher our D is and the better they play

Just now, quiller said:

While I agree the D really set the tone for the season and was a huge part of all our wins I do feel our O is better then most expect.  Yes we have struggled turning our offensive success is a lot of games into points but don’t discount the value of some of those drives that end up with FG.  Our Dnis helped a lot by who much time our O eats off the clock running the ball and using the short passing game that gets firsts downs but not a lot big plays. I think a key part of the Seattle win and this upcoming game is TOP we had almost a 3-3 edge against Seattle and need to duplicate that against the Rams the less they are on the field the fresher our D is and the better they play

As much poop as DaBoys wants to spew, post Cooper our offense was actually top 10 in the NFL in PPD. Our volume was low, because the amount of drives we had were also low.