The Ill Mind of SwAg: Game Thread -- Game Over

SwAg

Just now, The Orca said:

Not really. Whether by design or hidden luck...living 3 killing attempts and what he had 1 more to, that's a bad mechanic imo. With as many scum as there were he was bound to hit 1 or 2 of them even if he didnt try imo. He should have been given 1 time living, not continued chances imo. He was caught as scum D2. The life after life basically gave him the win. He played bad if his was scum imo. His role and hidden abilities won it for him. He did great with his moves based on what he was given, but I completely disagree with the role and it being MVP worthy. Top 5 sure

You just didn't read the roles.  If he didn't kill Mafia, SwAg, or two Town roles he would not keep getting life chances.  He would have died the day of the day hit if you lynched him, but you all decided not to do so.  Don't push the Town and Mafia's ineptitude onto mechanical design.

He had incentive to not kill Mafia because it was a caveat to the simplest win condition.  He was counterbalanced by five other roles that could game-end him right away, but you all ****ed up repeatedly.  Sorry all that information is lost on you.

7 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Not really. Whether by design or hidden luck...living 3 killing attempts and what he had 1 more to, that's a bad mechanic imo. With as many scum as there were he was bound to hit 1 or 2 of them even if he didnt try imo. He should have been given 1 time living, not continued chances imo. He was caught as scum D2. The life after life basically gave him the win. He played bad if his was scum imo. His role and hidden abilities won it for him. He did great with his moves based on what he was given, but I completely disagree with the role and it being MVP worthy. Top 5 sure

tenor.gif

12 minutes ago, SwAg said:

You just didn't read the roles.  If he didn't kill Mafia, SwAg, or two Town roles he would not keep getting life chances.  He would have died the day of the day hit if you lynched him, but you all decided not to do so.  Don't push the Town and Mafia's ineptitude onto mechanical design.

He had incentive to not kill Mafia because it was a caveat to the simplest win condition.  He was counterbalanced by five other roles that could game-end him right away, but you all ****ed up repeatedly.  Sorry all that information is lost on you.

Disagree with the design of his role and Touch's...that's my opinion. As such, I think someone like @Dome who won as cult and didnt get 3+ lives at it is more worthy of MVP

33 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Disagree with the design of his role and Touch's...that's my opinion. As such, I think someone like @Dome who won as cult and didnt get 3+ lives at it is more worthy of MVP

Alright, you can retreat behind the "it's my opinion! herr derr" all you want, but if you want to post-game whine (poor look, but I'm hardly shocked), I would suggest something more poignant than: noooo faiiiirrrrr, they didn't dieeeee! BROKEN! 1/5!

The fact is tk3 was only able to survive by using his night ability at a high level.  There were eight total people in the game that could yield a horcrux.  One (James) died on D1.  If those people died in any way other than Voldemort, tk3 is out of a win condition, and out of a horcrux.  He could have been lynched D1, D2, or D4 and died instantly.  Meanwhile, each horcrux cumulatively reduced his ability's success chance by 10%, meaning he had about a 60% chance to kill by the end (why he failed, and would have been able to die had the game not ended).  There were 3 Mafia Roles, 8 Town Roles, and 1 Independent Role that could counter his role... but none of you even targeted him.  I don't know what to tell you all other than play better.  Moreover, Voldemort basically needed a non-Town win due to the difficulty of his other two win conditions.  Instead of buddying with Mafia, he killed them.  If you cannot see how the win condition antagonism counterbalances power, then I don't know what to tell you other than read more books.

I can control for mechanics, I cannot control for poor play.

What about this is unbalanced?  I want you to point to the part that makes it inherently unbalanced, rather than whining about the practical course that occurred -- which was influenced by dozens of other variables, including other players.

Touch had a 50% chance of dying after LaRon Landry died!  I basically lied to him his Role PM!  He was going all God mode at the end and could have easily died, ending the game there. 

Dome, meanwhile, was Cult for a full 2 days.  And survived by doing nothing except letting tk3 and Touch yell at each other.  And I'm not sh*tting on you, Dome, good win, bro.  Just keep yourself honest, you didn't play the best game (and I'm aware you're not contending that).

You're mad because two players had great RNG with their roles that had diminishing returns on success.  It's a game of chance, all of it could have been prevented with better gameplay.

Thanks for the insight though, I'll be sure to organize future games in accordance with your vaunted role mechanic prowess.

If anyone wants to comment on the N1 watch results I got, I would be interested in how other may have handled that.  I can take you through my thought process.

With Malf initially being revealed as Mafia, and 3 players (besides me) targeting him N1, I was thinking there was some combination of

2nd mafia group (wrong on that one), civ vig, Other with kill ability (Serial Killer--SK)

I figured that the civ vig would not have nightly hits, maybe would have more than 1 hit, but if their hit was used, they could effectively be a vanilla civ after N1.  I concluded that revealing these players would but the players with kill abilities in the cross hairs of the mafia/other groups for N2 and N3.  

Why I did not reveal the players all at once?  I wanted to see what players thought of my idea of the 2nd mafia, SK and civ vig post I made. 

21 minutes ago, SwAg said:

And I'm not sh*tting on you, Dome, good win, bro.  Just keep yourself honest, you didn't play the best game (and I'm aware you're not contending that).

Definitely not. I actually think I played my original civ role better than I did as the cult, considering my initial ability my thread usefulness was very limited....

the cult win was easy, cause playing as a civ the first 4 days gave me a good grouo of people with a civ read on me. I definitely didn’t do anything special there, just what I needed to which was almost nothing lol

4 hours ago, SwAg said:

Voldemort is particularly susceptible to narcissism.  (Motivated or Hubris if effected by Narcissism).

Just curious, what would have happened that night if that mass roleblock didn't go through? I used the compatibility ray on him that night.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just curious, what would have happened that night if that mass roleblock didn't go through? I used the compatibility ray on him that night.

To him, it would depend.  He would either be roleblocked (hubris) or put to his peak level of danger (motivated, x2 kill).  You meanwhile would have found your most compatible trait, and would have become Cult, and been able to select one person to join you during the day phase.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:24 PM, Dome said:
On 1/11/2019 at 8:48 PM, SwAg said:

4.  You must specify both your ability and target in any night action PM.  (E.g., “Track SwAg,” “Kill SwAg,” “Invest SwAg,” etc.). 

o   Failure to specify your action will result in you being treated as though you did not send in an action.

Because people don't read, I'm quoting #4.

Curious if anyone missed this even with my warning.

@SwAg name names. Point out the fool(s).

Archived