Raiders Defense

Rolni

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your really stretching the numbers by saying he almost gave up 1000yds.  Just FYI stats inc isn’t very reliable.  I stopped looking at their stuff when I noticed a few years ago their sack stats always varied versus multiple sources.  
Worley gave up 630ish yards with a 52% competition rating.  That’s not horrible.  This debate has reached its limits, you despise Worley, I think he’s a lower level player who could be had for cheap and could serve a moderate sized role with the team.  I wouldn’t mind getting someone better, but if he’s cheap and we want to allocate money to other positions I think he’d help the team out.  You think he’s the worst CB in the league.  Debate over.

He gave up 834 yards with a 64% completion rating. I'll trust the company that's giving data about target separation, target distance, etc. data before a random company with just raw data. 

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/daryl-worley/

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

Have Joyner or Lawson ever been a #1 or #2 outside corner ? 

Mullen and any rookie would benefit from someone who has been there and done it imo.

Lawson has started 59 games as an outside corner. He actually has more career starts than Worley has games played. lol. We missed on our top 4 FA CB targets. Young players will have to play. Has slotting old, slow, and non scheme fits in our secondary over the last two years with guys like Joseph, Nelson, and Worley worked out the last two seasons? Or did we give up 8,000 yards and 70 TD? 

Edited by NYRaider

14 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Would you rather have someone who is a better scheme fit but does not play as well or someone who is a bad scheme fit but can can play better?  I 

Player A: 3.7 receptions p/g, 59.6 yards p/g, 5 TD allowed, 118.0 passer rating allowed, below average grade in run defense.

Player B: 1.3 receptions p/g, 18.1 yards p/g 2 TD allowed, 104.0 passer rating allowed, very good grade in run defense. 

Which player are you taking? 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How many years has Worley played at an All-Pro level or been a key cog on an elite defense? Joyner has done both in the past and he's only 29 which is why he's still here. 

The question was how many yards did Joyner give up ?

Joyner hasn’t played at an All Pro level at slot corner the position he plays for the Raiders. 

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

The question was how many yards did Joyner give up ?

Joyner hasn’t played at an All Pro level at slot corner the position he plays for the Raiders. 

And Worley has never played at even a remotely high level in his career and was terrible last season. Which again, is why he's a free agent in a league that's starved for good CB play. The only place I could find it said he gave up 549 yards last season. So 300 less yards than Worley. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

And Worley has never played at even a remotely high level in his career and was terrible last season. Which again, is why he's a free agent in a league that's starved for good CB play. The only place I could find it said he gave up 549 yards last season. So 300 less yards than Worley. 

No one said Worley was All Pro or that he he should be getting $9m like Joyner is.

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

How many did Joyner allow? 

Year Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC SNAP %
Joyner 2019 0 72 50 69.40% 541 10.8 7.5 4 109.8 7.1 289 252 68%
Worley 2019 1 86 46 53.50% 711 15.5 8.3 5 95.6 11 447 264 90%

If you give Joyner the same number of stats he gives up 716 yards on 95 targets and 66 receptions.  I believe you are the one that brought up AJ Brown and yes the 91 yard play was bad but where was the rest of the players?  Harris was caught looking into the backfield.  Brown ran a 4.5 and Worley was there with him and Brown was strong enough to not go down.  Besides that catch Brown had 2 catches for 35 yards on Worley.  There was one bad play by Worley and Harris.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lawson has started 59 games as an outside corner. He actually has more career starts than Worley has games played. lol. We missed on our top 4 FA CB targets. Young players will have to play. Has slotting old, slow, and non scheme fits in our secondary over the last two years with guys like Joseph, Nelson, and Worley worked out the last two seasons? Or did we give up 8,000 yards and 70 TD? 

When you say old slow and non scheme fits you missed out Joyner. 

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:
  Year Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC SNAP %
Joyner 2019 0 72 50 69.40% 541 10.8 7.5 4 109.8 7.1 289 252 68%
Worley 2019 1 86 46 53.50% 711 15.5 8.3 5 95.6 11 447 264 90%

If you give Joyner the same number of stats he gives up 716 yards on 95 targets and 66 receptions.  I believe you are the one that brought up AJ Brown and yes the 91 yard play was bad but where was the rest of the players?  Harris was caught looking into the backfield.  Brown ran a 4.5 and Worley was there with him and Brown was strong enough to not go down.  Besides that catch Brown had 2 catches for 35 yards on Worley.  There was one bad play by Worley and Harris.

😱 yikes. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Player A: 3.7 receptions p/g, 59.6 yards p/g, 5 TD allowed, 118.0 passer rating allowed, below average grade in run defense.

Player B: 1.3 receptions p/g, 18.1 yards p/g 2 TD allowed, 104.0 passer rating allowed, very good grade in run defense. 

B

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Run defense is the biggest difference for me there because it looks like player B does not play as many snaps so the comparison is a little off because it is based on per game averages.  Last year I gave 0 receptions, yards, and TDs per game last year.  I guess I played at a Hall of Fame level.

I'm not even going to keep going back and forth. There's a reason Worley is unemployed despite having two years in our system when we have one of the youngest/worst CB rooms in the league. But y'all clearly know more about building a team/defense than Mayock. 

17 minutes ago, Dessie said:

When you say old slow and non scheme fits you missed out Joyner. 

Joyner is 29 years old and fits the scheme as a nickel back. Even though he's small he's physical and can play in press man. Regardless though if Worley is so good and the elite Kelce stopper why is he unemployed again? You'd think that teams would be lining up outside the door for a player who can shadow the elite TE's in the league week in and week out...