πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

It’s a simple matter of it not being all or nothing. It’s a simple matter of their being levels to things. It’s not a matter of you either being the very best team in your conference or you’re chopped liver. And again, you’re saying these things and the playoffs haven’t even started yet.Β 

I made the example before, but what about Aaron Rodgers and those strong GB teams he had for years and years? That team never got back to the SB after 2010. We’re talking a decade+ of not quite being the best team in their conference.. and yet no one acted like Rodgers was an overrated bum on an overrated team. We were able to acknowledge his success despite the fact that he spent a decade+ not achieving what the Cowboys have been trying to achieve as well. I don’t think we treat any team like we treat the Cowboys.. and it has a lot to do with fans wanting them to be a miserable franchise because they get off on that perceived misery.

Meh. Rodgers only getting one is a disgrace to the franchise more to Rodgers I think. Still tho, massive underachievement. Β I don’t know who else would agree with you.Β 

24 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Meh. Rodgers only getting one is a disgrace to the franchise more to Rodgers I think. Still tho, massive underachievement. Β I don’t know who else would agree with you.Β 

Underachieving? Maybe. The point though is that it’s silly to have an all or nothing approach to it. It shouldn’t be that either you’re the best or you’re a joke. Obviously the past two seasons in a row of falling short has been disappointing, but only one team from each conference makes it. I’m not going to act like the Cowboys were a disappointing joke just because they weren’t the absolute very best.Β 

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Β 

Β 

The Dolphins could very well find themselves in the Superbowl. Acting like either team is fraudulent is irrational. Literally every team in the league has had their moments of looking very mortal this year.. picking and choosing which moments/ outcomes to focus on is just a matter of cherry picking.Β 

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Underachieving? Maybe. The point though is that it’s silly to have an all or nothing approach to it. It shouldn’t be that either you’re the best or you’re a joke. Obviously the past two seasons in a row of falling short has been disappointing, but only one team from each conference makes it. I’m not going to act like the Cowboys were a disappointing joke just because they weren’t the absolute very best.Β 

Except winning SBs is the only thing that matters in this sport. Just because you like to set your own standards of…..whatever the hell you consider success…..is null and void. It’s not how EVERYONE else looks at it.Β 
Β 

And it all depends on each teams situation. Det losing a round into the playoffs would still be success. They’re a team on the rise. Β Dal losing another divisional round is continuing the joke. Most good teams, and teams that have been good for a few years, it’s all or nothing. Usually teams successes come in waves. Dal’s wave will go back out to sea eventually. They need a SB to define themselves. Dak and co. consistently fumbling opportunities is not only disappointing, it’s become expected.Β 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Dallas can't beat good teams, just in case anyone was wondering.

They also lost to Arizona with a backup QB.

It’s amusing that you only show up once your team barely survives a down and out Giants team to avoid losing 4 in a row. Every team has had adversity this season.. you’re trolling at best.Β 

26 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

You know, now that you mention it. Dallas did lose to the God awful Cardinals with a backup QB who was ultimately traded form the Cardinals and then relegated to the bench in favor of Nick Mullens.Β 

Like I said to someone else.. genuinely amusing that you want to show up to troll only when your team only narrowly avoids losing their 4th game in a row to a down and out Giants team. Every team has had their moments of adversity this season. Do I need to remind you of how it went for your team last time they were on SNF?

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Except winning SBs is the only thing that matters in this sport. Just because you like to set your own standards of…..whatever the hell you consider success…..is null and void. It’s not how EVERYONE else looks at it.Β 
Β 

And it all depends on each teams situation. Det losing a round into the playoffs would still be success. They’re a team on the rise. Β Dal losing another divisional round is continuing the joke. Most good teams, and teams that have been good for a few years, it’s all or nothing. Usually teams successes come in waves. Dal’s wave will go back out to sea eventually. They need a SB to define themselves. Dak and co. consistently fumbling opportunities is not only disappointing, it’s become expected.Β 

I’m not sure I put a lot of value on a subjective opinion of β€œwhat everyone else thinks”. Especially when extremely obvious double standards exist, and no other team faces the same level of scrutiny. It goes without saying that winning the SB is the end goal for every team. That doesn’t mean all 31 teams that didn’t win the SB are all equally stupid losers that had equal seasons. No one else gets clowned like Dallas if they don’t make it. I prefer to have rational opinions instead of following a dumb cliche.

I’m not sure if you know much about odds, but any given team is not statistically likely to win the SB. You could bet against any team and it wouldn’t exactly be outrageous. Saying that it’s expected to see any given team fall short isn’t really saying much. Just because they haven’t been good enough to be the best in their conference that doesn’t mean they should be seen as failures to drag and clown - seriously, we don’t do this to anyone else.

And again, we’re having this conversation and this year’s playoffs haven’t even started. Can we not even reserve judgment until then?

Edited by NoFlyZone

16 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

It’s amusing that you only show up once your team barely survives a down and out Giants team to avoid losing 4 in a row. Every team has had adversity this season.. you’re trolling at best.Β 

It's amusing you think Dallas has a chance

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Like I said to someone else.. genuinely amusing that you want to show up to troll only when your team only narrowly avoids losing their 4th game in a row to a down and out Giants team. Every team has had their moments of adversity this season. Do I need to remind you of how it went for your team last time they were on SNF?

No, you see how I didn't say the Eagles are good or pound my chest in any capacity. I can say Dallas sucks while also saying the Eagles suck. That's crazy, isn't it?