πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

22 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

He's better than Allen and Payne right now. I'm taking him over both guys without thinking twice regardless of money, age, anything. Neither of those guys have DPOY upside. Carter does.

His rookie year means nothing. Chase Young won DROY and then was crap. Call me in 3 years.Β 

On 8/12/2024 at 10:45 AM, Jeezla said:

I don't think he has Aaron Donald potential, aka best defensive player in the league potential, but he has peak Suh potential.

Looking at the league, I can see the argument he could surpass Suh, seems like there is more of a divide from the top to the middle on defense than when Suh played. But yeah Donald is an almost unachievable mark to put on him. He could do it, but he'll need to kinda become a nut like Donald was with preparation. Even 2/3 of Donald's prep in a body like Carter's over 10 years puts him in a gold jacket most likely.

Like what I've seen from him in terms of focus so far year two, by year's end could see him making a play at the Williams/Lawrence tier of the best front 7 players...but he's gotta do it over years to get further up

1 Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett

2 Chris Jones, T.J. Watt

3 Micah Parsons, Maxx Crosby

4 Quinnen Williams, Dexter Lawrence

Β 

Thing that helps him ascend too is Jones and Watt will be 30 or already are 30, Garrett turns 30 next year. Carter is just 23.
So he has plenty of time to get into the conversation.

55 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

His rookie year means nothing. Chase Young won DROY and then was crap. Call me in 3 years.Β 

What do you think is one of the chief reasons for chase young’s downfall?Β 
Β 

could it be tearing his ACL and rupturing his patellar tendon?

could that have played a factor?

if Jalen Carter has a similar injury we can change our expectations.Β 
Β 

as of now he’s healthy and the only word out of camp is that he’s been exceptional with his work ethic.

Β 

My belief is if healthy Suh and fletch are more realistic goals.

donald might be a top 5 defensive player ever. He’s in the discussion. I think that’s just such an unreachable area for most players.

being a top 5 defensive tackle over the next 8-10 years is more realistic assuming all goes well and he stays healthy

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

Ok well jalen has yet to obliterate his knee or be referred to as anything but hard worker this offseason so once again an apples to oranges comparisonΒ 

I’m pretty sure I can find positive camp reports about all of the top interior Dlineman in the NFCEΒ 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m pretty sure I can find positive camp reports about all of the top interior Dlineman in the NFCEΒ 

Do you have a valid reason for why he isn't already the 2,and best DT in th division, or are you just going to make baseless arguments for why he is going to regress? He was already the 2nd best last year.Β  Gonna need a more convincing argument other than Chase Young was good but he's a moron so now he sucks.

17 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Do you have a valid reason for why he isn't already the 2,and best DT in th division, or are you just going to make baseless arguments for why he is going to regress? He was already the 2nd best last year.Β  Gonna need a more convincing argument other than Chase Young was good but he's a moron so now he sucks.

Your response is just idiotic. I’m not wasting my time β€œproving” anything to an obviously biased fan. Carter was a part time player last year any comparison of him to full time starters is merely a projection and not based on any facts. I honestly don’t give a **** if your opinion is he’s better than the rest in the NFCE but just realize it is not a consensus opinion and that people without an Eagles fan bias would be highly skeptical of that opinion.Β 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Your response is just idiotic. I’m not wasting my time β€œproving” anything to an obviously biased fan. Carter was a part time player last year any comparison of him to full time starters is merely a projection and not based on any facts. I honestly don’t give a **** if your opinion is he’s better than the rest in the NFCE but just realize it is not a consensus opinion and that people without an Eagles fan bias would be highly skeptical of that opinion.Β 

Cool so you'd rather throw a tantrum instead of making a compelling argument.Β  I think there are a lot more fans of neither team that would take Carter over Payne and Allen.

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Cool so you'd rather throw a tantrum instead of making a compelling argument.Β  I think there are a lot more fans of neither team that would take Carter over Payne and Allen.

I’m not throwing a tantrum you’re just posting the annoying Internet argument of oh I’ll post a contrarian opinion that most people would disagree with then make others waste their time disproving it when in reality you’ll never change your mind. I’ll pass.

2 hours ago, Last Stand said:

My belief is if healthy Suh and fletch are more realistic goals.

donald might be a top 5 defensive player ever. He’s in the discussion. I think that’s just such an unreachable area for most players.

being a top 5 defensive tackle over the next 8-10 years is more realistic assuming all goes well and he stays healthy

I wouldn’t put Donald that high, he’s well in the discussion for IDL top 5, but top 5 all defense is too far personally.

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m not throwing a tantrum you’re just posting the annoying Internet argument of oh I’ll post a contrarian opinion that most people would disagree with then make others waste their time disproving it when in reality you’ll never change your mind. I’ll pass.

There is nothing contrarian about saying Jalen Carter played better than Allen and Payne last year.Β  The best argument that you've made is that Carter didn't play as many snaps(paraphrasing), but that's also like saying Fletcher Cox wasn't a top 5 IDL in the NFL and arguably top 2 in his prime because he didn't play as many snaps as other top guys.Β Β 

• Like 1