πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Get β€˜em Dak!

Β 

25 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's clear that was always the plan. I hope Dak holds out Zeke style instead of being the good little soldier he was last year throughout camp.

He's seen where that actually got him a year later.Β 

[Β  ] no doubt

[x] doubt

Β 

The owners son said they were uber close. Maybe I am living in lala land, but it seems unlikely. Unless Dak is waiting on Mahommes.... Which will be really bad for us.Β 

17 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean you think Dak is good do that really is just proving his point all over againΒ 

I feel like you are being dismissive of my football IQ. Ive worked with everything from the HC of the Cowboys to mediocre college athletes. One of my WRs just got a full ride to purdue.Β 

Β 

I am not saying I am smarter than you all... But I am smarter than you allΒ :D

Β 

(im joking)Β 

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Get β€˜em Dak!

There's no way Dak is signing and playing under a franchise tag.Β  He'd be leaving at least $8M on the table by doing so and, as has been mentioned, he just needs to look at what Jones did to pacifyΒ Elliott last season as a reference.

Jerry's problem is, the last few players he paid -- Elliott, Lawrence, Jaylon Smith -- all playedΒ last season like they got fat after a big paycheck

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I feel like you are being dismissive of my football IQ. Ive worked with everything from the HC of the Cowboys to mediocre college athletes. One of my WRs just got a full ride to purdue.Β 

Β 

I am not saying I am smarter than you all... But I am smarter than you allΒ :D

Β 

(im joking)Β 

So on an intelligence scale, one might rate you a..........

Β 

Β 

Β 

a............

Β 

Β 

a.........

(wait for it)

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β (wait for it)

Β 

Β 

aΒ Texas 9???????????????????

tenor.gif?itemid=3441811

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

[Β  ] no doubt

[x] doubt

Β 

The owners son said they were uber close. Maybe I am living in lala land, but it seems unlikely. Unless Dak is waiting on Mahommes.... Which will be really bad for us.Β 

I thought the Chiefs said it was unlikely Mahomes get extended this offseason.Β Β 

Like, Outpost can't see the forest through the trees.

So the answer is to either have Andy Dalton, or re-draft your QB every 5 years?

Head bending stuff.

theJ spitting facts.

Instead of paying Mahomes, the Chiefs should just move on from him and draft another rookie after next season?

29 minutes ago, Danger said:

Like, Outpost can't see the forest through the trees.

theJ spitting facts.

Instead of paying Mahomes, the Chiefs should just move on from him and draft another rookie after next season?

There is no middle market for QB’s.Β Either he is your guy and you pay him a ridiculous amount or he is not and you move on.Β 

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

There is no middle market for QB’s.Β Either he is your guy and you pay him a ridiculous amount or he is not and you move on.Β 

I agree with this in premise, but I do think the "bandaid" QB exist. The Alex Smith and Nick Foles guys. You sign them while you are looking for someone better.

Those guys normally get mid-level money.

Β 

I think if Brady walks, he will be a bandaid. Probably Bridgewater, Tanny/Mariota, Dalton and Winston as well if they hit the market.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I agree with this in premise, but I do think the "bandaid" QB exist. The Alex Smith and Nick Foles guys. You sign them while you are looking for someone better.

Those guys normally get mid-level money.

Alex Smith got a huge contract.Β Β 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

So did Foles....lol
Β 

the bandaid contracts are just giant money with short term deals and maybe a long term deal with an out

Β 

either way......you either draft a guy, paying giant money or you flat out don’t have a QBΒ 

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:
17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So did Foles....lol
Β 

the bandaid contracts are just giant money with short term deals and maybe a long term deal with an out

Β 

either way......you either draft a guy, paying giant money or you flat out don’t have a QBΒ 

They both got below average contracts compared to the market. Both of them were right around $23m/year. Matt Ryan around that same time got $30m. Thats 30% more.. Kirk got 22% more at $28m - fully GTD. Jimmy G got $27.5 and that was before he had even played like 10 games in his career.

Stafford got $27. Carr $25m. Those contracts were signed in 2017, before Smith and Foles.Β 

Β 

I dont know about you, but IMO getting 20-30% less than your peers drops you to mid-tier.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

They both got below average contracts compared to the market. Both of them were right around $23m/year. Matt Ryan around that same time got $30m. Thats 30% more.. Kirk got 22% more at $28m - fully GTD. Jimmy G got $27.5 and that was before he had even played like 10 games in his career.

Stafford got $27. Carr $25m. Those contracts were signed in 2017, before Smith and Foles.Β 

Β 

I dont know about you, but IMO getting 20-30% less than your peers drops you to mid-tier.

You just love to argue semantics. Lol

Β 

in terms of the entire cap and the way it is at every other position there is no middle tier