Panthers at Jags TNF 7:30

Dingo18287

I'm losing faith in Anderson. He doesn't seem to see the field very well. All in all it was a decent performance by the Panthers. Oline dominated and the RB's all played well. I feel like the defense is 1 CB shy of having a truly dominate unit. Worley is suspect and teams are picking on him. Go Cats!

1 hour ago, tbrown2699 said:

I'm losing faith in Anderson. He doesn't seem to see the field very well. All in all it was a decent performance by the Panthers. Oline dominated and the RB's all played well. I feel like the defense is 1 CB shy of having a truly dominate unit. Worley is suspect and teams are picking on him. Go Cats!

Defense is going to be good, but yes one more good CB would be nice to have. Bradberry is turning into a really good asset. Anderson is what he is - a good backup. But he's a backup for a reason, most notably because his accuracy isn't particularly consistent and he forces throws where they shouldn't go. Not the guy you want to be the full time starter, but as far as backups go, there are far worse. Hell, there are probably 2 or 3 teams he'd legitimately start for.

1 hour ago, fretgod99 said:

Defense is going to be good, but yes one more good CB would be nice to have. Bradberry is turning into a really good asset. Anderson is what he is - a good backup. But he's a backup for a reason, most notably because his accuracy isn't particularly consistent and he forces throws where they shouldn't go. Not the guy you want to be the full time starter, but as far as backups go, there are far worse. Hell, there are probably 2 or 3 teams he'd legitimately start for.

Anderson is in that sweet spot for a backup. He's good enough to pull out a win against a team we're better than, but he's bad enough that he won't find himself in the running for any desirable starting job.

Worley is clearly the worst player on the defense, but I think our secondary should be fine overall.  Bradberry, as good as he was as a rookie, is that much better this year and what Adams lacks in athleticism vs Boston, he makes up for in football IQ and knowing where to be.  

Anderson and Worley have probably been the 2 worst performers this preseason. the o line has been surprisingly good, KB looks good, fun fun has disappeared and so has byrd after the first week, as far as Anderson webb and gilbert have actually looked better and IMO offer more potential than Anderson.  CAP looks the best he ever has as well.

Archived