Vegas Too Early Mock

vegas492

2 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

I’d like to see how the 1st round shook out if there weren’t any EDGE or OL prospects available.

I'd imagine we'd see a small trade down (think somewhere in that 16-22 range), which would allow the Packers to move back up later on.  I could see them moving down with say Cleveland for a 3rd and 5th round pick.  And then use that 3rd round pick and a second to move back up and receive a late 1st, early 2nd and another late round pick.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:07 PM, vegas492 said:

If you made it this far...thank AG#20 for this.

Lauren Elise celebrating her victory with a big yes

Whatcha think?  Hated missing out on a top EDGE.  But the boards didn't allow for one at #12 without a trade up.  Went instead for impact guys higher...building o-line depth a little later.  Found a toy on offense.

Wow, that's not at all what I pictured AG20 to look like in real life.

I liked the FA signings, but I think Thomas could be overvalued. I am a fan of how you spread the money around to plug as many holes as possible.

The draft looks good too. I'd like to see us stock up on a few more OL in the middle rounds, which would get us younger on the interior.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:03 AM, Redt said:

Like it very much, except keeping CMIII, his tackling was atrocious this year, time to move on. Hopefully, Burks can be the man next to Martinez. Oh, the last pick looks awesome, lots of positional value.

I was really, really debating the ILB position.  Draft one?  Sign a free agent?  I went the FA route, thought that GB could get Clay back on a nice deal and play him at ILB and OLB as needed.  My hope is that Burks improves and takes that spot.  If not?  I think Clay would be a very good "run and hit" ILB with some coverage skills.  That is why I went there.  I don't think he is as good of an ILB as others in FA, but I thought the fact that he could play ILB or OLB would make him a nice value.  And it keeps him in GB for his career.  ...all the while hoping that our 3rd round pick improves and takes that spot from him.  Kind of "kept it in house" on that FA pickup.  Admit that it is a gamble.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:22 AM, St Vince said:

One of my favorite mocks. Some things  I'd change is cutting Perry. time to cut our losses and move on. I don't want to pay that much for a safety rather grab another edge FA with that money. The draft is solid, looks like we're gonna be a heavy running team according to Matt. Hopefully Madison comes back and we can use some of your OL picks on a pass catching TE and a big physical D. Henry type RB. Other than that great mock.

First off, THANK YOU!

I thought that our safety position is just such a mess that we got all-in on a guy that can settle the position for a couple of years...and help the development of the young corners.

EDGE wise...I took a tier 2 or tier 3 kid, just to eat snaps.  I think that Barrett still has a little upside, but that is just me.

Given that Gute took 3 WR's later last year, I thought it would be wise to continue that trend on the o-line.  I really like Scharping as a developmental tackle.  Deiter is insurance across a bunch of a different positions and Ross is a pure guard.  Maybe I did too much there by taking 3 and adding one via free agency.  But...that line needs a lot of help.  I'm unsure what the future holds for Spriggs.

I wanted a tight end in the draft...it didn't fall that way and the RB's available where I was picking just wasn't worth the value.

15 hours ago, GFXBUCKZ said:

Nick Perry better be getting cut 

For me?  He was on the bubble.  If the money is needed to lure a larger FA to GB...then he is gone.  It is kind of that simple.  I'm not cutting him, though, just for the sake of cutting him.  I think he has that power skillset that would work well in this scheme.  But...he's gotta be healthy.  We all know that is the key to him.

12 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Nice job.  You know me though, I'd like the edge/safety FA money to lean the other way with A Barr and Tre Boston.

You've got me coming around to that line of thought...didn't want to steal your thunder, though!  That there is your thought and you've run with it already.

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'd imagine we'd see a small trade down (think somewhere in that 16-22 range), which would allow the Packers to move back up later on.  I could see them moving down with say Cleveland for a 3rd and 5th round pick.  And then use that 3rd round pick and a second to move back up and receive a late 1st, early 2nd and another late round pick.

Thought of that right away, as in my mind, there were a couple very good DT's on the board.  I can see that happening, and almost mocked it. Will probably explore that later.

Not a fan of the Thomas signing either. He's old and coming off a significant injury; no thanks. I don't feel there's a reason to sign AJ Cann either if you're drafting Dieter and Pierschbacher; both of which could easily step in day 1 and start IMHO; though I do like the depth that situation would present us. I really like the idea of bringing back Clay to move him around. He doesn't strike me as someone hungry for money and would be a team-friendly guy to retain. Out of the ERFA's/FA's I'd like Ibraehim Campbell go; he just doesn't have the speed to react to what's in front of him. Love the idea of keeping everyone else. Not a fan of Hollywood Brown and would rather go Campbell if we go WR in with the 2nd first rounder, but I wouldn't lose sleep over Brown being selected. 

Other than that, this is my favorite mock so far and not because I also lean towards Drafttek for my info. Wilkens is my draft crush along the DL in this draft, I love picking Dieter and Pierschbacher, and I really don't mind trading up for Adderley though I wish another true Safety was drafted as well. It will be interesting to see how comp picks turn out this year.

Archived