Arthur Smith promoted to OC

deeluxx3

I think this is a good low key hire. He's got OC, qb coach, and te coach experience. Could be a good guy to help Smith with an the nuances that he'll be facing this year. Anlmost like an assistant OC... 

Fwiw, Stafford averaged just under 4900 yards  and 30:17 while he was his qb coach... And Carr averaged 4000 yards and 30:10 when he was his qb coach as well (best 2 seasons of his career... Before Carr took a step back when he took over as OC) 

49 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Was the QB coach for Carr during his best stretch so far. 

But like we talked about earlier. How much does that have to do with him or Carr?  Either way he is a nice addition. Some play calling experience. QB coach experience too. And from the Gruden/Shanahan/McVay school of offense. Should help strength the direction we going. 

Even better so basically if Smith was to blow the roof off his 1st yr as a OC & leave we have another guy that can step in & rub the same system 😩

“I am confident the Titans’ offense with Arthur as the OC will be first and foremost very physical with great emphasis on offensive line play and establishing the running game,” he told Rexrode.

This is what Arthur’s dad thinks the offensive focus will be. Read it on Titan wire

14 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I'll believe it when I see it. So tired of that crap.

Exactly and the coaches he’s learned under, I don’t have much faith in him. I just hope he doesn’t try to run Lewis over Henry. Henry to me when he’s running at his best is a top 7 back. He should be the bell cow. Lewis is nothing more than a scatback.

40 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Exactly and the coaches he’s learned under, I don’t have much faith in him. I just hope he doesn’t try to run Lewis over Henry. Henry to me when he’s running at his best is a top 7 back. He should be the bell cow. Lewis is nothing more than a scatback.

I have faith in him, for the simple fact he’s the best position coach on the team, that got results out of his position group... by him being a OL coach assistant, & TE coach he’s has knowledge in the run & passing game. Also it was either him or kubiak I wanted,  because changing offenses does mariota no good 

Archived