2019 Free Agency - Potential Targets

D82

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Bell got $13m/yr. Thats huge for us keeping Zeke. Bell was allegedly asking for over $17m last year. 

Im pretty sure this contract is less than what the Steelers offered him. He screwed himself. 

Take note DLaw.

I in some ways not surprised about the stance Steelers took and frankly I feel for Bell but the reality of history is RB’s who are work horses like Bell in today’s game have a short life and it is not in teams best interest to expect them to be effective past 5 years and for sure year 7 or 8 so why over pay beyond that     This isbalso something to keep in mind with Elliot going forward

frankly this a flaw of the rookie deal system doesn’t treat elite RB’s fairly compared to say a DL LB and even DB

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

Dumb.

For 15 years we (and the Redskins) were offseason champs. Always bringing in the biggest/most names. And we were terrible. The last 5 years we have been frugal. Weve been very successful in the NFC comparatively (most division titles, 2nd most wins). 

Its not dumb, its boring. Though I am very disappointed we didnt get ET3. 

It feels like we are a couple good players away from making a superbowl run. So frustrating. 

Archived