2019 Schedule Discussion

brooks1957

On 2019-01-26 at 2:51 PM, pnies20 said:

Was just coming to say this. I read the same thing. I’d be okay with it. Baker would be of a mindset to torch Kingsbury. 

So many storylines in that game, Baker going to be starting at Kliff Kingsbury and media being mad about it is going to be hilarious 

On 1/26/2019 at 5:53 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I know lol!!

Im gonna be a tired mofo on Tues morn.

You and the rest of Browns nation - but the way you said this is absolutely hilarious.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:51 PM, pnies20 said:

Was just coming to say this. I read the same thing. I’d be okay with it. Baker would be of a mindset to torch Kingsbury

Ya know - me thinks to get the best out of Baker - he needs to play pissed off. National TV, seeing someone on the opposite sideline who boned you in the past, Baker's reputation for holding deep grudges...............

Thank you ESPN. A win in week 1 is just as important as in week 15.

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

You and the rest of Browns nation - but the way you said this is absolutely hilarious.

Ya know - me thinks to get the best out of Baker - he needs to play pissed off. National TV, seeing someone on the opposite sideline who boned you in the past, Baker's reputation for holding deep grudges...............

Thank you ESPN. A win in week 1 is just as important as in week 15.

And we’re not playing pissburgh week one for once 🙄

3. Cleveland Browns

You could choose the Cowboys for the goosed ratings, or Giants for the Eli factor, but gave me Baker Mayfield in prime time against the Super Bowl champs any day of the week. The Browns are almost certain to be the offseason darlings of 2019, with their brash quarterback, homespun new head coach, and young, rising stars all over the roster. Putting the formerly laughingstock Browns on opening night would announce to the world the NFL believes they're truly ready for the spotlight. Baker battling Brady under the Foxboro lights would make for a great game, and enough lead-up "torch-passing" stories to nauseate almost any football fan.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Meh, I’d rather not be subjected to another NE dong riding by the media.

The ESPN hot takez would be unbearable.

C’mon it be perfect storm. 

All preseason will be talking about the Pats and ignoring Baker and the Browns. That will motivate baker to want and make a statement. No better time than the first game of the year vs champs

Just now, buno67 said:

C’mon it be perfect storm. 

All preseason will be talking about the Pats and ignoring Baker and the Browns. That will motivate baker to want and make a statement. No better time than the first game of the year vs champs

Cheese and rice, no thanks.

Gimme a bunch of boring 1pm games.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cheese and rice, no thanks.

Gimme a bunch of boring 1pm games.

So you rather face the Pats later in the season where the games might have more meaning. 

The game would be hyped up for week1 but not really define the season if they lose

see I rather not have to face the Pats in December with the playoffs on the line. Play week1 and get it over with. If they win, huge boost. If they lose, they just lost to the Pats on ring night. 

Archived