NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

8 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You think he's gonna last to the 3rd? I don't think he gets out of the 1st.  

I don't think he's a great LT prospect. I guess we are proof positive it can't hurt to take a RT in the 1st though so you're probably right.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think he's a great LT prospect. I guess we are proof positive it can't hurt to take a RT in the 1st though so you're probably right.

Yea I just think he's a freak, and if he can't stick on the left side (I think he'll be alright) then he'll be just fine on the right.

1 hour ago, Blaaaaaah said:

So would I be mistaken in thinking it might be a good idea to take the best LB/OT available? 

I've got my eyes on Chukwuma Okorafor, Toby Weathersby, Brian O'Neil, Malik Jefferson, Josh Allen (Kentucky), and Jerome Baker right now as targets for us. 

15 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I've got my eyes on Chukwuma Okorafor, Toby Weathersby, Brian O'Neil, Malik Jefferson, Josh Allen (Kentucky), and Jerome Baker right now as targets for us. 

Not a Josey Jewell fan?

8 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I've heard some people say they haven't been that impressed by Okorafor. 

Eh on Jefferson. I don't really like his instincts. He is inconsistent. I've also heard rumors questioning his love for football. I don't want to put too much stock into that, but its worth noting.

12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've heard some people say they haven't been that impressed by Okorafor. 

I haven't read anything negative on Okorafor and from what I've watched (hasn't been a ton) he's played pretty good this year. It seems like he's got some versatility as well. I'll be keeping an eye on him coming up.

12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eh on Jefferson. I don't really like his instincts. He is inconsistent. I've also heard rumors questioning his love for football. I don't want to put too much stock into that, but its worth noting.

I've read all that stuff, too - but I also don't put a ton of stock into it. He is a little inconsistent but when you watch Texas play he pops out a lot. I know a lot of folks are down on him but I think the late first round range is a good landing spot for him. 

On 10/24/2017 at 6:47 PM, Jlash said:

You think he's gonna last to the 3rd? I don't think he gets out of the 1st.  

Probably not.  There's mixed reviews on him, but the sheer number of tackles tend to get pulled up the board.  I'd be surprised if he got into much later than the middle of the 2nd round.

On 10/24/2017 at 6:56 PM, Jeezla said:

The problem is tackles go in the draft early and often.  Last year, Antonio Garcia was the first OT prospect drafted in the 3rd round, the year before that Shon Coleman was the first OT prospect to go in the 3rd round, and the year before that Jamon Brown was the first OT prospect taken in the 3rd round.  Orlando Brown is a significantly better prospect than all of those players, and doesn't come with the massive amount of concerns that those three had.  Expecting him to be available in the 3rd is wishful thinking based on previous drafts.

On 10/27/2017 at 8:46 AM, CWood21 said:

The problem is tackles go in the draft early and often.  Last year, Antonio Garcia was the first OT prospect drafted in the 3rd round, the year before that Shon Coleman was the first OT prospect to go in the 3rd round, and the year before that Jamon Brown was the first OT prospect taken in the 3rd round.  Orlando Brown is a significantly better prospect than all of those players, and doesn't come with the massive amount of concerns that those three had.  Expecting him to be available in the 3rd is wishful thinking based on previous drafts.

I'm saying 3rd because other OT's are probably going to leap frog him at the combine (Even though I think he's worth a 2nd and should be a very good NFL RT). Heck, Terron Armstead went in the 3rd and I thought he'd go in the late 1st. Different situation, but you never know. 

Nice to see you in the Eagle forum.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'm saying 3rd because other OT's are probably going to leap frog him at the combine (Even though I think he's worth a 2nd and should be a very good NFL RT). Heck, Terron Armstead went in the 3rd and I thought he'd go in the late 1st. Different situation, but you never know. 

Nice to see you in the Eagle forum.

Prior to last, the previous 5 years averaged four offensive tackles in the first round.  And I'm talking about legitimate OT prospects, not OTs in college that largely were believed to be OG at the next level.  Last year, it was one of the worst OL class and we saw two go in the first round, and another one went 34th overall.  Do you believe that there are four offensive tackles that are better than Orlando Brown?  Trey Adams and Conor Williams likely return for another year at Washington and Texas respectively because of injuries.  You've got Mike McGlinchey whose clearly ahead of him right now, and probably Martinas Rankin as well.  Most of the guys who go in that 2nd/3rd round are the athletic, toolsy types but are lacking in terms of technique and/or functional strength.  Terron Armstead falls in that same territory.  If he didn't have that freak combine, nobody would have thought he was even close to being a 1st round pick.  Orlando Brown is a plug 'n play RT prospect, and there's value in that.  He'll go mid-to-late 1st.

Thanks.  I usually browse all the forums, but don't really post unless I see something I want to discuss.

Archived