NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

My 2018 NFL Draft Database. 

Over 1,000 players. Player name links to college player page. Height/Weight links to NFLDraftScout prospect page. Report links to my Word Document background and eventual evaluation. 

If you have questions/additions/suggestions/etc PM me.

Thanks!

Any chance Barkley falls to like 15? Chance we end up around there if we finish .500. 

After watching him this year...even though I don't know much about the 2018 class yet, my gut tells me no way a talent like that falls outside the top 10. Dudes gonna be better than Zeke. He is what people want McCaffrey to be, only he is a legitimate 20+ carry a game kind of back. 

Might be hyperbole but I watch him and think this guy is the next generation hall of fame runnning back like Tomlinson and AP.  

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

Any chance Barkley falls to like 15? Chance we end up around there if we finish .500. 

After watching him this year...even though I don't know much about the 2018 class yet, my gut tells me no way a talent like that falls outside the top 10. Dudes gonna be better than Zeke. He is what people want McCaffrey to be, only he is a legitimate 20+ carry a game kind of back. 

Might be hyperbole but I watch him and think this guy is the next generation hall of fame runnning back like Tomlinson and AP.  

I'd be stunned if he fell out of the top 5.

True. If Fournette and Zeke can go top 5....Barkley absolutely should. 

All these recent top RB draftees have had some issue that could hamper them ie Zekes off the field issues, Gurleys durability, McCaffreys size and questions about being a 3 down back, Fournettes pass catching issues (and durability perhaps).

I don't see a single flaw in Barkleys game.  It's insane. I've never watched a runnning back in college that I can remember so good that I already think he's going to be a hall of famer barring some bizzare injury or incident. 

He's A pipedream I suppose.

What about Scarborough? I like him a lot. Blount is 30 and on a 1 year deal. Hed be an instant and better replacement. 

I still don't see why teams take running backs so early in the draft. The Cowboys taking Zeke just happened to be a perfect storm. They didn't have an immediate need at QB and their OL was set. You can argue that Ramsey should have been the pick given their situation but can't argue with it now. He's a good player. And probably the right pick. I don't think you take a RB until all your blue chip prospects are off the board at premium positions. (QB, T, CB). 

Fournette doesn't seem to be a very special RB and the Jags have plenty of problems. You can argue that 5 RBs taken after him are making a bigger impact than him. But that can also speak to the draft in general. Better teams are picking later and most better teams are already mostly set in those premium positions. 

So, the chance that a Barkley falls is reasonable to me. Especially when you consider how many good RBs were taken this year. How many teams will actually consider a RB in the first. Even a talent like Barkley. I think it's certainly in the cards for us to have a chance, if even just a chance to trade up, to get him. 

6 hours ago, Phire said:

McCaffrey inexplicably went 8th overall. I know people like him but I don't think he'll ever live up to that draft spot. There's no way in hell Barkley makes it out of the top 5.

Mcaffrey looked majestic at the combine. You know all those nfl guys fell in love. 

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Fournette doesn't seem to be a very special RB

The thing is that Barkley is and probably is the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson.

So, the chance that a Barkley falls is reasonable to me. Especially when you consider how many good RBs were taken this year. How many teams will actually consider a RB in the first.

Not a lot, but I do think there'll probably be at least a couple in need of a RB that can be elite as a rookie and doesn't need great blocking... *cough* Fournette *cough*

I think it's certainly in the cards for us to have a chance, if even just a chance to trade up, to get him.

I'm expecting a bunch of teams wanting to trade up for him and we are probably gonna be picking in the mid teens at worst.

There is a solid chance we are a playoff team. 

The trade up from the 20s into the top 5 or even the top 10 would be tough. Teams don't usually like to trade down that far.

We'll see I guess, but the good news is we can still get a very good back if we don't get a generational talent like Saquon.

Archived