NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

47 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What even are our needs at this point?

Like you said, a burner receiver is probably the number one need, or just a receiver in general. After that it's a little cloudy but I would say linebacker is next, offensive tackle after that and it's probably time to find a safety to groom in the next few years.

after those it's a toss up - maybe a TE if Trey jets and Brent retires and probably a flier on a late round CB

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Like you said, a burner receiver is probably the number one need, or just a receiver in general. After that it's a little cloudy but I would say linebacker is next, offensive tackle after that and it's probably time to find a safety to groom in the next few years.

after those it's a toss up - maybe a TE if Trey jets and Brent retires and probably a flier on a late round CB

I wish we had a 2nd/3rd round pick. I'm pretty gay for D.J. Chark.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I didn't follow too closely last draft season, but I watched some Lattimore. He looked like 1st round talent but elite CB from day 1? Not in a million years. Ramsey, now he's a guy who looked special, and it was no surprise to see him come in strong and rapidly blossom into a top flight corner. Same goes for PP. Even now watching old Lattimore tape I still don't see it, perplexes me a bit. Just hard, for me anyway, to really gauge the little things, which CAN be translated to the pros, and which CAN make a big difference. Think that's the case with Lattimore. He obviously was so much more than just the freak athlete I saw him as.

What even are our needs at this point? DP just has the train moving and making our weaknesses look like strengths mid season. Suddenly CB and RB look to be near the bottom of our list. Even LT doesn't feel as much of a need with Big V holding his own. I'd like another receiver for Wentz, preferably a burner. A guard for depth and potential to be the guy in a few years. Taking an LT high and grooming him for the future is still probably the smart move unless big V really shows he is the real deal the rest of the way. Linebacker needs depth and possibly a starter if Hicks isn't in our long term plans. Can always use more DL for our high demand rotation, but that'd be day 3 kind of pick.

We could use a stud LT. OL depth in general. We need a talented MLB since Hicks is incredibly unlucky. Malcolm will be 30 next month. And he's expensive. B-Rex will turn 30 in April. We could use a cheap 4th/5th round rookie backup QB to groom. Could use a C to push Kelce, who just turned 30. Need a #2 WR that's better than Torrey Smith. Might need a new #2 TE since Burton can't block. Need some quality young OL depth in general.  That's about it besides finding a new young Punter who can occasionally boot one 60+ yards, but is still consistent at pinning teams inside the 15. Maybe a 4.3 speed RB who can catch to compliment our power run game. Maybe another CB, because I still don't trust Mills or Douglas, and think Patrick Robinson is more of a happy fluke (that hopefully persists all season).

I rank our needs as:

1) LT

2) MLB (Sad, but true)

3) WR

4) Malcolm Jenkins replacement (Or McLeod upgrade)

5) CB

6) 2 TE

7) Kelce replacement

8] B-Rex replacement?

9] Backup QB we can groom then flip for a 1st or 2nd round pick in 3 years.

10) A fast RB that weighs at least 25 lbs more than Pumphrey and can catch to compliment Ajayi and Clement.

11) Donnie Jones replacement

12) General OL and LB depth.

The LT's available at pick 32 will probably suck, so we're looking at MLB, WR, S, or TE.

35 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Think it's still likely that we move back out of the first round to acquire more picks. I think Chark and Burnett will both be targets for us. 

Chark would be a monster on the outside with Wentz throwing the deep ball.

Vaitai has actually played well but LT is our biggest need. With that said will we be in position to take a stud OT whether we take a plug and play LT in the 30s or kick Lane over and draft a TH. Vaitai becomes a solid option as a swing tackle.

While I'm not giving up on Hicks, he's so injury prone not adding another option there would be foolish despite how well Kendricks and Bradham have played.

Even after re-signing Alshon wideout is still a need. The player we add is probably the 4th option in the passing game at best but if they can stretch the field it would be awesome. This one is a question mark because Mack Hollins could be that guy.

Losing Blount may hurt but having Ajayi and Clement makes that easier. That said I don't think Pumphrey is an NFL player and Sproles is likely gone so adding a third back could be helpful.

I'd also be happy with depth help at TE/OL/S/QB.

8 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

i'm not giving up on Hicks so early... The guy can be special IMO, and yes he has been injured but he is still very young. He has all the instincts and playmaking ability to be great in this league, I think he will finally put it all together next year.

He's already put it all together. He's a difference maker on the field. But he's never been able to stay on the field, going back to college.

I agree with @Jlash. Jordan Hicks knows how to play. But he's been suffering devastating injury after devastating injury dating back to his college playing days. We cannot assume he'll be healthy anymore. This is what we get for making fun of Sean Lee. It's the same exact predicament. Except Dallas refuses to acknowledge the problem (aka "unlucky prone") and doesn't have a replacement. We need a replacement when Hicks inevitably goes down again next year.

Honestly, what I watched of Lattimore showed me that he was the best corner prospect in years, with his only issue, in my eyes, being the hamstring and soft tissue injury problem. It's just so natural to him. Arguably the best movement skills I've seen from a defensive back that I can ever remember.

In terms of this year, it's almost definitely got to be an offensive lineman in my mind. I'd be ok with a wide receiver, depending upon who's left, or a stud LB who falls, but typically inside linebackers can be had on day 2/3 without problem, with the exception of the one guy who goes in the top 15-20. A guy like James Washington could interest me given his ability to stretch the field and his body control. Starting to watch some tape on the big boys now, though.

Gotta think RB possibly you think blount wants to stay once ajayi fully takes over, Clement and ajayi not bad together but could use one more. Maybe get lucky and howie can successfully fool cleveland into take nick foles and a first for theres and we get barkley. haha, i mean cmon it would fix clevelands QB situation........hahaha nah but deffinetely need another RB as i hate Smallwood and Pumphrey. 

IMO Needs:

LT (Connor Williams, Trey Adams or McGlichey) Thing OT talent this year is deep however one or two are gonna pop out at the combine

S (Derwin James, Marcus Allen) Trade up or Trade Down Scenario

RB (SAQUON OR NOTHING lol)

TE (Gisecki) possible 3rd/4th?

WR (Dante Pettis) IMO mid 2nd will prolly go 1st

LB (Josey Jewell, Jason Cabinda) (4th-5th)

DL (Arden Key, Tyquan Lewis, Rasheem Green)

IMO i honestly feel regardless were going to have to trade up to get any signifigant player thats highly rated. unless someone gets hurt in a bowl game. 

19 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

i'm not giving up on Hicks so early... The guy can be special IMO, and yes he has been injured but he is still very young. He has all the instincts and playmaking ability to be great in this league, I think he will finally put it all together next year.

He's already "put it together" he just can't stay healthy. He's Sean Lee 2.0, and you can't rely on that, even if he's special. Start Hicks at WLB til he gets hurt, then put Kendricks back in at WLB. Time for a new MLB, and preferably one that doesn't already have a grocery list of injuries in NCAA like Hicks did.

Archived