Anthony Davis Demands Trade

sdrawkcab321

19 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

The more I think about it, the less inclined I am to deal AD at the deadline. If it were up to me, I'd say screw it, tank the season, then trade AD to whoever gets the #1 overall draft pick.

Proceed to take Zion and Culver/Langford and if possible, try to see if any of the superstars in FA want to "team up" in New Orleans. Otherwise, continue to rebuild/tank and rollover that cap space into 2020.

That is the smartest move, but this isn’t a video game. Players want to play, coaches want their jobs, ownership wants people in seats, etc. True tanking is done in the offseason so you’re putting a terrible team in the court come regular season. Only 76ers truly/blatantly pulled this off as far as I know.

edit- Ok I read this wrong, I thought you said tank the season in order to get a pick that gets you in Zion range. So ignore pretty much my whole post lol.

Alrhough most teams that are getting #1 wouldn’t trade it for 1 year of AD. Only the Knicks would have any hope of retaining him since players still care about big markets.

48 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Saying he'd join them in LA.

Where did it say that? He's more likely to leave to NY than LA IMO. 

And yeah, Ainge f'd around and took shots at LeBron and Rich Paul was not going to be down with that. Now we are hearing Boston is NOT one of his preferred choices after it being one in the summer. Kyrie leaving would be great since Celtics fans can finally get the "leader" they are looking for since it isn't Kyrie. Will have some nice ball movement and all that good stuff! 

LeBron having his agency rep so many of the top players in the league is some how legal........and you know it is eating every executive/coach/GM up LMAO. 

How I’d rank the assets being floated among the 3 contenders

1. Tatum

2. Knicks 2019 1st

3. Ingram

4. Knox

5. Ball

6. Kuzma

7. Lakers 1sts

8. Celtics 1sts

The Knicks could theoretically blow every offer away if they put multiple 1sts on the table, since AD is far from guaranteed to stay a Knick thus making their future 1sts much more valuable than LAs or Boston, since AD is assumed to want to play in those destinations, thus killing value if future 1sts. Realistically Knicks aren’t going to make same mistake Nets did, unless AD tells them he’ll re-sign, but just putting it out there.

So the Pelicans released a statement saying they are on their own timeline and no one else's and they want the league to strictly enforce tampering rules "associated with this transaction."

Yeah, they definitely aren't trading him to the Lakers LOL. 

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The Knicks could theoretically blow every offer away if they put multiple 1sts on the table, since AD is far from guaranteed to stay a Knick thus making their future 1sts much more valuable than LAs or Boston, since AD is assumed to want to play in those destinations, thus killing value if future 1sts. Realistically Knicks aren’t going to make same mistake Nets did, unless AD tells them he’ll re-sign, but just putting it out there.

Their first round pick is 10x more valuable after the season then it is at the ASB. Allonzo Trier, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, a top 2 pick, and another future first round pick. If they're looking to blow it up that'd help them rebuild fairly quick. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Their first round pick is 10x more valuable after the season then it is at the ASB. Allonzo Trier, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, a top 2 pick, and another future first round pick. If they're looking to blow it up that'd help them rebuild fairly quick. 

Except none of those guys are really worth anything. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Except none of those guys are really worth anything. 

Knox was a lottery pick last year and is having a decent rookie season. Robinson has flashed and is one of the youngest players in the league. A top 2 pick that turns into Zion Williamson or Ja Morant is definitely very valuable for a team looking to rebuild. 

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Where did it say that? He's more likely to leave to NY than LA IMO. 

And yeah, Ainge f'd around and took shots at LeBron and Rich Paul was not going to be down with that. Now we are hearing Boston is NOT one of his preferred choices after it being one in the summer. Kyrie leaving would be great since Celtics fans can finally get the "leader" they are looking for since it isn't Kyrie. Will have some nice ball movement and all that good stuff! 

LeBron having his agency rep so many of the top players in the league is some how legal........and you know it is eating every executive/coach/GM up LMAO. 

Kyrie and KD to the Knicks confirmed.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Knicks are going to draft Zion Williamson and then sign Kawhi Leonard and Kyrie Irving. You heard it here first. 

I think KD makes more sense. The trendy thing to do now is make the historical good franchies good again. Its a win for everybody.( Plus, its a good look on player legacy to turn them around) Leonard might end up in LA though Clippers if not the lakers. 

Just now, indifference said:

even if it means no more warriors dynasty? salute

Oh, I've been expecting KD to leave after this season for a while. I expected about three seasons from him and I got that. Hopefully it ends in three championships. All you could ask for. And besides, I want to see Steph go off on a daily basis like before. I mean he is still playing lights out, but we will be getting a lot more 40 and 50 point performances from him. 

Just now, indifference said:

I think KD makes more sense. The trendy thing to do now is make the historical good franchies good again. Its a win for everybody. Leonard might end up in LA though Clippers if not the lakers. 

IIRC Kyrie and Leonard have spoken in the past about teaming up together at some point. NY would allow them to do it. I think the talk about Kawhi to LA is overhyped, when he was away from the Spurs he was living in New York City. 

Archived