Cowboys Promote QB coach Kellen Moore as OC

49erurtaza

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Crazy part is....can't be any worse than Linehan.   That's the state of OC land these days.   Better to go with inexperienced / untested than retreads who literally don't have any ability to adapt.   At least with the untested choice you have hope they will learn and adapt.

He can be worse than Linehan. This feels like a Jeff Fisher move. I disagree that you go with inexperience over retreads. Give me a solid retread over a guy who doesn't have the ability. If you believe in the guy's ability, that's one thing. But I watched Fisher lose a mediocre OC (Schotty), then hire an inexperienced guy who ended up being significantly worse, and then replace the inexperienced guy with another inexperienced guy who actually managed to be worse than his predecessor.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

He can be worse than Linehan. This feels like a Jeff Fisher move. I disagree that you go with inexperience over retreads. Give me a solid retread over a guy who doesn't have the ability. If you believe in the guy's ability, that's one thing. But I watched Fisher lose a mediocre OC (Schotty), then hire an inexperienced guy who ended up being significantly worse, and then replace the inexperienced guy with another inexperienced guy who actually managed to be worse than his predecessor.

This is still a good decision. I don't like the hire but for better or worse at least it's a willingness to change, that way we know something is getting done.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The problem is that Linehan isn’t solid.   He’s a retread with minus WAR value imo.  

I get your point in theory but Linehan’s baseline in DAL makes this a no lose prop.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

The problem is that Linehan isn’t solid.   He’s a retread with minus WAR value imo.  

I get your point in theory but Linehan’s baseline in DAL makes this a no lose prop.  

It's not a no-lose proposition. Linehan is like Schotty. He's mediocre at best. But you can do worse. I'm not saying Kellen Moore is worse. I have no idea. But I am saying that people thought we couldn't do worse than Schotty, and boy were they wrong.

Archived