Kristaps Porzingis Traded to Dallas

champ11

First off, I feel REALLY, REALLY bad for Knicks fans.  You finally get a legitimate star and you use him to salary dump THJ and Courtney Lee.  Secondly, contract the damn Knicks already.  Maybe bring them back in a few years with new ownership and management.  Third, WTF?

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Damn. Finally...someone takes the risk.

I was asking for it and glad he did. It's a risk, especially for someone with his injuries, but he probably knows someone still will give him a big deal even if he gets hurt. But still a risk you take 100/100 times if you are Cuban. They didn't even lose anyone they had any future plans for. Impressive. 

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

It's purely for the two max slots. And NY could win the lottery......

Could work out. Or not. lol 

Using an asset like KP to open salary space is pretty nuts, man. 

It is nuts, but if they keep losing and end up with a top 2 pick? Lawd, that pick alone may net you Zion or net you another star. Of course if they don't get anyone it was an epic failure, even if Porzingis told them I'm signing the qualifying offer. 

KD coming though.............

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

First off, I feel REALLY, REALLY bad for Knicks fans.  You finally get a legitimate star and you use him to salary dump THJ and Courtney Lee.  Secondly, contract the damn Knicks already.  Maybe bring them back in a few years with new ownership and management.  Third, WTF?

I think I may actually consider throwing away my allegiance and becoming a Mavs fan. I have no idea how to do that but **** the Knicks and **** NY sports. **** the Steinbrenners for not signing Harper too

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It is nuts, but if they keep losing and end up with a top 2 pick? Lawd, that pick alone may net you Zion or net you another star. Of course if they don't get anyone it was an epic failure, even if Porzingis told them I'm signing the qualifying offer. 

KD coming though.............

KD 2 NY a LOCK 

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

I think I may actually consider throwing away my allegiance and becoming a Mavs fan. I have no idea how to do that but **** the Knicks and **** NY sports. **** the Steinbrenners for not signing Harper too

Sit back and wait until what happens in the summer first. Sure it could end up being a huge failure, or it can end up netting you KD/Kyrie/3rd star. 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This is like the feeling I had when we traded Russell but 1000 times worse. 

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

What J-ALL-DAY said.  I can't imagine the Knicks' franchise is that inept.  I'd have to assume they have at least one max FA in the bag.

2 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Can you imagine this Mavericks team in two years?

When Doncic is 21 years old and we are feeling bad for how bad of a supporting cast he has and that he needs to request a trade? Definitely can imagine that lol.....But Porzingis may not even be there in two years. First power move made for a guy in his situation. 

Archived