Kristaps Porzingis Traded to Dallas

champ11

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You know who would have been great with KD? Kristaps.

Is this a good time to drop my Kristaps isn't that great take? The idea of Kristaps is much better than what he actually was imo.

That being said, selling an asset like that at his low point in value....rough. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Is this a good time to drop my Kristaps isn't that great take? The idea of Kristaps is much better than what he actually was imo.

That being said, selling an asset like that at his low point in value....rough. 

He definitely cooled off last season, but he's a legit unicorn who is a great 3P shooter and was leading the league in blocks.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

KD doesn't need a spectator with a bum knee (sorry, ET). He needs a second star with two working knees.

So no Jimmy Butler or Kyrie Irving then, huh?

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think it would be interesting to see. We don't know if it's overkill.

I don't like Kyrie. I think he's delusional, has a tendency to be a ball stopper/ball hog, and will inevitably cause problems again. He should stay in Boston.

Don't like him? Cool, personal opinion you are entitled to have. But ball stopper? Meh, he's just a bucket getter who happens to be super efficient. Good thing about playing with KD and AD? They don't really need the ball in their hands for long. Not like he has to play with LeBron or anything, and even that worked out just fine for him. Oh yeah, very few, if any other player that KD respects more than Kyrie. So there's that.

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't like him? Cool, personal opinion you are entitled to have. But ball stopper? Meh, he's just a bucket getter who happens to be super efficient. Good thing about playing with KD and AD? They don't really need the ball in their hands for long. Not like he has to play with LeBron or anything, and even that worked out just fine for him. Oh yeah, very few, if any other player that KD respects more than Kyrie. So there's that.

Kyrie will become whiny again when AD and KD get more credit. And I want the ball in KD's hands, not Kyrie. Don't need another Russell Westbrook. Kyrie is overhyped. Fun as hell to watch but overhyped because of what he does when he's on.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Kyrie will become whiny again when AD and KD get more credit. And I want the ball in KD's hands, not Kyrie. Don't need another Russell Westbrook. Kyrie is overhyped. Fun as hell to watch but overhyped because of what he does when he's on.

KD will have the rock in his hands plenty. He just doesn't need to dominate the rock where this could work. I mean KD could play with literally anyone with his playing style. That duo will kill it, no other way around it. And in close games? Yeah, good luck stopping this duo. Then you in this scenario also have AD? Not fair man, not fair. 

37 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Kyrie is a flat-Earth believing ballhog. I imagine that it will remind KD of playing with Russell Westbrook. Shiiiiiiit, Kyrie was bitter in Cleveland because Bron Bron got more recognition than him. There's no way I subject KD and AD to Irving's irrational beliefs.

I don't love Butler. Klay would obviously be the ideal guy. But I prefer Butler to Kyrie because he is a studly defender with defensive versatility who is a little less ball-dominant on O than Kyrie. Butler's attitude is the one thing that really concerns me. To answer your second question, he was the #1 option on the 2014-15 Bulls (they won 50 games, a playoff series, and took the Cavs with LeBron and Kyrie to 6 games).

Kyrie is averaging 24 ppg & 7 apg on .500 | .410 | .850 this season and he's a ball hog and inefficient? Give me a break. He's one of the most efficient scoring PG's in the league right now and has proven he can be the #1 option for a good team in Boston. 

He was the #1 option on a team that couldn't get out of the first round in the Eastern Conference? In the best year of his career? Amazing. 

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So New York is also getting at least 1 future 1st, most likely 2. No word yet on protections or anything.

Depending on those pick protections and how their summer turns out...this might not be so bad.

It’s two picks.  Unprotected in 2021 and top 19 protected in 2023.

28 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Did you just compare Kyrie, one of the most efficient scorers, and the guy who hit the game winning shot in G7 to a guy who can’t shoot?

11 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

The Mavs will be a perennial 50 game winner by 2021...very unimpressed

2021 is in two years. Lebron in the weak east didn't win 50 games in 2021

If the don't resign Staps I don't see them winning 50 games in two years (let alone be a perennial 50 win team). I put them at low 40s which will prob have them around the 10 to 12 pick.

With all that said, I am done with the Knicks till Dolan is gone. Lets go Nets.

Archived