Kristaps Porzingis Traded to Dallas

champ11

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, this trade allowed them to shed salary and pretty much gives KD a chance to get his hand picked sidekick.

I'd rather play with KP than just about anyone available this summer if I am KD.  Given his age and versatility, it would be fun having the two unicorns on the same squad.  I would also much rather have at least KP going forward than nobody, which is honestly what I expect to happen.

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'd rather play with KP than just about anyone available this summer if I am KD.  Given his age and versatility, it would be fun having the two unicorns on the same squad.  I would also much rather have at least KP going forward than nobody, which is honestly what I expect to happen.

KD doesn't give a damn about age. He wants his four or five year run to be for titles and wants a superstar next to him. No way in hell he picks Porzingis over say a Kawhi or Kyrie. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I'm so confused, y u du dis?

Long story short, opens up two max spots for the Knicks. They probably believe KD is coming and then this allows him to pick the second star. Also, if it is true Porzingis will sign the qualifying offer this summer, then he would have only potentially been in NY for one more season. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They couldn't get KD/Kyrie without this trade though. 

I just don't know. Porzingis must have been dead set on leaving regardless of what happened. Otherwise the Knicks value maybe having a top 3 pick over him...which is awful.

Archived