Report: Dolphins plan to part ways with Ryan Tannehill, tank 2019 season for Tua Tagovailoa

DigInBoys

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Haven't they been winning at roughly the same rate when he missed time?

Basically lol. We've been stuck in purgatory for a while with middling players with bad contracts and the lack of a good coach/QB. Not bad enough to pick top 10 but decent enough to beat one or two of the top 10 teams in the league.

6 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Tua was garbage in the championship game... why would he be considered a top player to be selected?? those games matter in the NFL and if you coulnd't do it at the college level then there is no way its happening in the NFL 

It's just hearsay right now. The plan may do a 180 once the next off season rolls around.

3 hours ago, eagles18 said:

Tua was garbage in the championship game... why would he be considered a top player to be selected?? those games matter in the NFL and if you coulnd't do it at the college level then there is no way its happening in the NFL 

He has already done it in college level, when healthy Tua was the best player in CFB. He owned Georgia a year ago and was owning every team until his knee issues began late late this season 

13 hours ago, Raves said:

But wouldn't keeping Tannehill give them a better chance at tanking?

No Tannehill is the worst kind of QB. Good enough where you can win 6-8 games maybe the occasional 10 with a favorable schedule with him thus giving you some hope but not outright bad enough that you feel he needs to be replaced immediately. 

3 hours ago, Ajayii said:

According to reports, he's down for it. I think a lot of folks are taking their definition of tanking as trying to lose. They're just not about to spend big $ on free agents, bargain-bin shopping in FA, cut ties with aging vets with a big salary, and draft BPA; it's written right there in the article.

We'll still win 6 games knowing this team.

Brian Flores has no chance other than to go with it, probably his only chance as HC since teams don't want to hire defensive coaches anymore. He's screwed regardless though, as soon as Miami drafts QB, he's gone and they'll get OC to groom young QB. Similar situation to the Cardinals 

11 hours ago, areksoo said:

Brian Flores is a good dude who I think can be a solid HC.  I feel bad for him if he's joining an organization hell bent on tanking.

My understanding is we're no going to lose on purpose like this is the NBA or something, we're just going to stop putting bandaids on issues that haven't been fixed in years. We're going to stop paying big for free agents like we're one player away from competing like when we signed Mike Wallace, Suh, Brandon Albert, Josh Sitton etc. We're going to build through the draft like we should have been doing all these years. 

15 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Tannehill has neither been the cause or solution to Miami's problems the past few years. Better cut ties, save money, and go "all in" for a potential star QB.

5 hours ago, Ajayii said:

We've averaged 7 wins with him. I'm imagining they want to get into that 3-5 win range.

2 hours ago, john305 said:

No Tannehill is the worst kind of QB. Good enough where you can win 6-8 games maybe the occasional 10 with a favorable schedule with him thus giving you some hope but not outright bad enough that you feel he needs to be replaced immediately. 

Did y'all lose your hair pieces?

1 minute ago, Ajayii said:

I'm still fairly young so no. Explain.

Both were jokes, the second one being that it went over your head and as such took your hair piece, or hat since you're young, as it went by.  I know Tannehill has just been a QB, neither good or bad, but it was funny to just joke that they would be better off keeping him.  Though let's be honest, you'll probably only get 3 or 4 games from him before he's back on IR anyways.

Archived