Which team would win the SB if Saints and Chiefs went?

mdonnelly21

///  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which team would win?

Just now, jrry32 said:

Yeah, you take that L. Almost doesn't count for anything. The Rams came up short in the Super Bowl, but we still made it. That's more than you can say. Of course, we also had the NFL's best record (tied with the Saints) and beat the Chiefs. But hey, maybe next year you can actually surpass us, so you can back up all the talking you've done.

Beat the Chiefs at home in a game with highly favorable officiating that was also supposed to be in Mexico.  I'm starting to see a pattern here with the LA Rams and the officials. It won't even matter though with Goff at the helm they aren't scaring anybody. Good luck for next season. Hopefully you guys trade Peters and cut your losses and move on, loading up on more defense in the draft. 

Just now, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Beat the Chiefs at home in a game with highly favorable officiating that was also supposed to be in Mexico.  I'm starting to see a pattern here with the LA Rams and the officials. It won't even matter though with Goff at the helm they aren't scaring anybody. Good luck for next season. Hopefully you guys trade Peters and cut your losses and move on, loading up on more defense in the draft. 

Highly favorable officiating? LOL. Goff dropped an absolute dime for the game-winning TD, and Mahomes threw two picks in the final two minutes to ice it. You have excuses for everything. I'll just move along to allow this thread to get back on topic.

1 minute ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

I guess count me out of the crowd that thinks Sean McVay is the best coach in the league and that the Goff led Rams are contenders instead of pretenders.

Unless you consider only one team in the league(Patriots) to be elite, it is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

The Rams are clearly at least on the same general level as any other team in the league

1 minute ago, DigInBoys said:

Unless you consider only one team in the league(Patriots) to be elite, it is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

The Rams are clearly at least on the same general level as any other team in the league

Nah, I disagree. They made the super bowl because of a blown call. They got a bunch of players on the decline or with character issues or with health issues. They went all in on this season and it ended with Jared Goff looking like Brady Quinn. They got a lot of question marks going into next season before we can say if they're for real or not. It's very possible that Goff regresses and they're forced to move on.

3 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Nah, I disagree. They made the super bowl because of a blown call. They got a bunch of players on the decline or with character issues or with health issues. They went all in on this season and it ended with Jared Goff looking like Brady Quinn. They got a lot of question marks going into next season before we can say if they're for real or not. It's very possible that Goff regresses and they're forced to move on.

Even if you believe they made the Super Bowl because of a blown call, it STILL would have been a conference championship game that went to the last minute.

To say a team that was in both the conference championship and Super Bowl until the last minute in addition to everything else they did this season(like beating your Chiefs) is not elite is patently absurd.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's convoluted logic.

Yet, they beat the Saints in New Orleans. I guess the Saints just suck. Apparently, both the Saints and Rams are worse than every AFC team that made it out of the first round. And the Eagles must be too, because they lost to the Saints. I don't care which teams were "hotter." The Eagles, Bears, and Cowboys were three of the hottest teams in the league. Yet, the Rams and Saints took them out.

This is a theoretical world where the NFC stayed the same and we get to see all of the other scenarios.

I do think the Saints were going downhill, they almost lost to the Eagles who didn't have like a third of their starters and lost their most dominant linemen on both sides of the ball for large chunks of the game. They needed a freak drop from a guy who doesn't drop much to seal it. The rams beat one of those three hot teams and it was probably the coldest and easiest of the bunch. Unless you want to make an argument that JG is a great schemer and Dak is good. They didn't absorb beating the others through beating the Saints. We see what both did and continued to do into the playoffs with front pressure, which Goff showed he couldn't handle the last two months.

I'm talkin the Rams that played in atlanta...not a highlight of all the great stuff they did months ago.
There was too much bad yesterday to give the Pats all the credit.

1 minute ago, DigInBoys said:

Even if you believe they made the Super Bowl because of a blown call, it STILL would have been a conference championship game that went to the last minute.

To say a team that was in both the conference championship and Super Bowl until the last minute in addition to everything else they did this season(like beating your Chiefs) is not elite is patently absurd.

I think you're just putting the Rams on a pedestal that they haven't actually shown being worthy of yet, based on media hype as opposed to real indicators of sustainable success in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

This is a theoretical world where the NFC stayed the same and we get to see all of the other scenarios.

I do think the Saints were going downhill, they almost lost to the Eagles who didn't have like a third of their starters and lost their most dominant linemen on both sides of the ball for large chunks of the game. They needed a freak drop from a guy who doesn't drop much to seal it. The rams beat one of those three hot teams and it was probably the coldest and easiest of the bunch. Unless you want to make an argument that JG is a great schemer and Dak is good. They didn't absorb beating the others through beating the Saints. We see what both did and continued to do into the playoffs with front pressure, which Goff showed he couldn't handle the last two months.

I'm talkin the Rams that played in atlanta...not a highlight of all the great stuff they did months ago.
There was too much bad yesterday to give the Pats all the credit.

That's a bad take. The Rams were averaging 28 PPG in the playoffs prior to that game. It's fallacious logic to believe that because the Patriots stopped them, every other team would have. It's an absolutely terrible take.

Saints relatively easily. People are vastly overrating the chiefs. Did we all watch the same season? Chiefs were 1-5 in primetime games vs teams with winning records.  Lost to Chargers, Pats x2, Seahawks, Rams and their 1 win was vs Colts. 

Flashy passing plays has alot of you confused on reality. Saints would of smoked KC so would of LAR. Chiefs finished the season 4-4 but were the best team in the league?

Where is Jordan Peele, because this must be episode 1 of twilight zone.  End of the year, put KC on a nuetral field and Chargers, Eagles, Bears, Saints, Rams, Pats, Ravens beat them. Maybe Colts and Texans but im not committing to that. 

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's a bad take. The Rams were averaging 28 PPG in the playoffs prior to that game. It's fallacious logic to believe that because the Patriots stopped them, every other team would have. It's an absolutely terrible take.

It's a fine take...Gurley's health was a constant and not really a debate topic.

TG is like that, it leads them to be more easy to scheme against...any staff with half a brain cell knows the key to the Rams offense is the McVay over the mic and being able to digest what the D looks like. Therefore they would've all attacked it. The Pats attacking it and the line of scrimmage is what made Goff uncomfortable and play like trash. Unless they are a juggernaut D that I didn't know.

Yea they could've and probably would've scored more. But 3 points is not much of a hurdle ha.

It sucks, they will grow from it, but it was just so obvious.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It's a fine take...Gurley's health was a constant and not really a debate topic.

TG is like that, it leads them to be more easy to scheme against...any staff with half a brain cell knows the key to the Rams offense is the McVay over the mic and being able to digest what the D looks like. Therefore they would've all attacked it. The Pats attacking it and the line of scrimmage is what made Goff uncomfortable and play like trash. Unless they are a juggernaut D that I didn't know.

Yea they could've and probably would've scored more. But 3 points is not much of a hurdle ha.

It sucks, they will grow from it, but it was just so obvious.

I guess Dallas and New Orleans just didn't know how to play defense. I'm sure the brilliant defensive gameplan NE had could have been replicated by any team. It's not like NE has this guy named Bill Belichick who had two weeks to prepare. The big failure in this game was Sean McVay thinking he could beat Belichick by outexecuting him instead of going against his tendencies and bringing out things that they had never shown. That's not to say that individual players, including Goff, didn't fail, but those teams would not have done to the Rams what NE did.

And that's why NE beat the Chargers and Kansas City.

I'm going crazy trying to figure out where the KC love came from. Because going into the playoffs, most everyone on here but their fans was off that bandwagon, including alot of the media.  They had an easy home win vs Indy... then got shutout by NE 1st half at home. Then rallied where their bad defense played very well and forced big turnovers. Then im guessing everyone is being influenced that KC gave NE toughest game in the playoffs and looking at the Dee Ford play as a reason KC didnt go to the SB.  Truth is KC is a tough place to play and NE isnt a great road team in the playoffs historically or this year in the reg season. So people are being brainwashed by perception of a loss.

KC was not that team all year. I reiterate. 1-5 in primetime games vs winning teams. KC was good, NOOOO WAY were they in discussion for best team. Unless ya really diggin Mahomes unique voice. Just show me what im missing, im stumped. 

58 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I'm going crazy trying to figure out where the KC love came from. Because going into the playoffs, most everyone on here but their fans was off that bandwagon, including alot of the media.  They had an easy home win vs Indy... then got shutout by NE 1st half at home. Then rallied where their bad defense played very well and forced big turnovers. Then im guessing everyone is being influenced that KC gave NE toughest game in the playoffs and looking at the Dee Ford play as a reason KC didnt go to the SB.  Truth is KC is a tough place to play and NE isnt a great road team in the playoffs historically or this year in the reg season. So people are being brainwashed by perception of a loss.

KC was not that team all year. I reiterate. 1-5 in primetime games vs winning teams. KC was good, NOOOO WAY were they in discussion for best team. Unless ya really diggin Mahomes unique voice. Just show me what im missing, im stumped. 

Having the MVP gives them a chance. KC wins that coin flip and who knows what happens.

KCs defense really gave them no chance. It was gonna lose them a game and it did in primetime. Repeatedly.

There is some hope with a change in defensive policy. Frogman getting another year wiser, trusting his weapons more. 

This was never supposed to be a SB run kinda year. The facts are they held the top seed the whole year despite that. Frog voice and all. The future is bright for sure.

Archived