TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

My gf listens to podcasts non stop. She gets wrapped up in these peoples lives and speaks about them like they're her friends sometimes. It can get weird.

Every once in a while I'll put on Bill Burr's podcast. He's always entertaining. 

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

My gf listens to podcasts non stop. She gets wrapped up in these peoples lives and speaks about them like they're her friends sometimes. It can get weird.

Every once in a while I'll put on Bill Burr's podcast. He's always entertaining. 

I love podcasts...but a lot of them do have that fake friends on the couch thing where you get invested.
I just had to stop listening to some of the less interesting ones because it just wasn't worth my time.

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

Bill is the man. One of the few real dudes out there. So many POS dudes in the media- podcast world playing PC bro, old' Billy McBoozy is always real and honest. 

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I really loved Spidey...their approach was spot on I thought

Dunkirk is really good, worth it for the spectacle (though I don't think it was the flawless masterpiece that some did)
It definitely had a clear vision of what it wanted to be and saw it through to it's fullest.

Did you see Oliver Stones Untold History of The United States yet?

One of my friends the other day was going to have a heart attack when i was arguing that the Russians basically saved world , defeated the Natzi and Hitler pretty much single handedly with little help from the allies. He was like beat red screaming at me "THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!! THIS ISNT A F$%&& CONSPIRACY!!!" .. im like "yeah its fact bruh". 

2 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

One of my friends the other day was going to have a heart attack when i was arguing that the Russians basically saved world , defeated the Natzi and Hitler pretty much single handedly with little help from the allies. He was like beat red screaming at me "THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!! THIS ISNT A F$%&& CONSPIRACY!!!" .. im like "yeah its fact bruh". 

I'm intrigued. How did Russia single handedly save the World from the Nazis and Hitler? The Dual front war was a huge reason for the collapse of Germany but by most accounts, despite the fierce fight put up by the Russians, they were "saved" by winter setting in.

6 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm intrigued. How did Russia single handedly save the World from the Nazis and Hitler? The Dual front war was a huge reason for the collapse of Germany but by most accounts, despite the fierce fight put up by the Russians, they were "saved" by winter setting in.

Go watch Oliver Stones The Untold Truth Of The United States. 

Basically all that dual front crap is BS/doctored history. The real history is that US took forever to get into the war, and the British and French went to Africa and the South East to protect there trade. The Russians and Ukranians the entire time were fighting The Germans on the eastern front while all the other European countries surrender and hid. Most of the British forces were left either home or sent to the Pacific and Africa, same for France and most of the other countries who fought with the allies, they were protecting oil fields, rubber trees, silk/cotton/hemp fields, spices, etc... from the Nazi... They weren't fighting this heroic battle against the Nazis trying to free Europe. It was the Russians. 

Basically the Russians and Ukranians fight most of the war against Germans with out any Allie help and at the end when the Germans are super weak, we can parading in pretending like we saved the day. 

We obviously fought the Japanese , but it was us, the British, French, Australians ,Chinese,  Canadians who were protecting there assests and trade. Japan was minor compared to Germany.

Unfairly or not, the current tensions obscure the scale of what's being commemorated: Starting in 1941, the Soviet Union bore the brunt of the Nazi war machine and played perhaps the most important role in the Allies' defeat of Hitler. By one calculation, for every single American soldier killed fighting the Germans, 80 Soviet soldiers died doing the same.

Of course, the start of the war had been shaped by a Nazi-Soviet pact to carve up the lands in between their borders. Then Hitler turned against the U.S.S.R.

[What one Soviet soldier saw when he entered Auschwitz.]

The Red Army was "the main engine of Nazism’s destruction," writes British historian and journalist Max Hastings in "Inferno: The World at War, 1939-1945." The Soviet Union paid the harshest price: though the numbers are not exact, an estimated 26 million Soviet citizens died during World War II, including as many as 11 million soldiers. At the same time, the Germans suffered three-quarters of their wartime losses fighting the Red Army.

"It was the Western Allies’ extreme good fortune that the Russians, and not themselves, paid almost the entire ‘butcher’s bill’ for [defeating Nazi Germany], accepting 95 per cent of the military casualties of the three major powers of the Grand Alliance," writes Hastings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/05/08/dont-forget-how-the-soviet-union-saved-the-world-from-hitler/?utm_term=.88943b44c153

I can see that. The US played a part against Germany but we were mainly in direct combat against Japan. Hitler invading Russia was one of the greatest military blunders of all time.

But from what I've read Russia was mainly fighting defensively from German invasion and actually losing those battles. They weren't going deep into Germany and liberating concentration camps unless I'm wrong there like the US did. 

Explains why the Russians were given eastern berlin for example.

Just now, Bednarik60 said:

it shows to, Russians our age(late 20's to early 30's) are so much more tougher then us. They have something inside there genes , like Iron Ore flowing through there blood. 

Or vodka lol

Just now, Phire said:

I can see that. The US played a part against Germany but we were mainly in direct combat against Japan. Hitler invading Russia was one of the greatest military blunders of all time.

But from what I've read Russia was mainly fighting defensively from German invasion and actually losing those battles. They weren't going deep into Germany and liberating concentration camps unless I'm wrong there like the US did. 

Explains why the Russians were given eastern berlin for example.

They ran out of resources several time(they don't have a port) so they would make a huge advancement into Europe and free countries then ask for aid from the allies and the allies would refuse, Churchhill was a POS bro, he refused to help the Russians every time and was arguing against us helping them and was a huge sliver in the side of the Russians getting aid  and resources to fight the Germans. 

If we told Churchill to STFU and let Roosevelt(who was a good man, and admired the Russians) go with his gut instincts from the start the war would of been over years earlier.