Who is the best off-ball LB?

KellChippy

Best Off-Ball Linebacker  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best off ball linebacker?

• Luke Kuechly
    • Bobby Wagner
    • Other

6 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Leighton Vander Esch should be an option here... The man is a monster. 

He really reminds me of Kuechly in terms of instincts and playmaking.  How lucky we are to see him twice a year for the next 10+ seasons.  I think he will be at that elite level as soon as next year.

11 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Isn't Jaylon Smith also an off ball LB? I'd list him over LVE and would pick him after these two.

I will say if he never got injured, and had this same season in his rookie year, he would be viewed a the next big thing at LB.

I would also add Telvin Smith and Lavonte David to the mix.  I wouldn’t put them with Wagner and Kuechly though.

So far we have three Cowboys mentioned >:(.  Not my intention, but wow they are stacked.

I would take Wagner first, I think he’s been the best lb the last two seasons.  FWIW, I’ve watched roughly ten Panthers/Seahawks games each during this time.  

I think Luke is a bit better in coverage and in terms of football iq, but Wagner is a better blitzer and tackler. Sort of splitting hairs because Wagner is very good in coverage, and Luke is a very good blitzer and a sure tackler.  Im interested in the poll results as it seems Kuechly gets more media attention but not sure if that’s reflective of fan opinions.

And to clarify, the poll question is best at this very moment, but also want to hear opinions on going forward.

46 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

So far we have three Cowboys mentioned >:(.  Not my intention, but wow they are stacked.

I would take Wagner first, I think he’s been the best lb the last two seasons.  FWIW, I’ve watched roughly ten Panthers/Seahawks games each during this time.  

I think Luke is a bit better in coverage and in terms of football iq, but Wagner is a better blitzer and tackler. Sort of splitting hairs because Wagner is very good in coverage, and Luke is a very good blitzer and a sure tackler.  Im interested in the poll results as it seems Kuechly gets more media attention but not sure if that’s reflective of fan opinions.

And to clarify, the poll question is best at this very moment, but also want to hear opinions on going forward.

remember that time Jordan Hicks was the next big thing... me too. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Big compliments coming from Eagles fans. I'm flattered, Yea I think Smith and LVE should be an option but Roquan and Darius should as well. They both have been tremendous.

you can only defeat your enemy by recognizing their ability and not under estimating them. 

9 hours ago, eagles18 said:

remember that time Jordan Hicks was the next big thing... me too. 

I don’t think he was ever the physical presence you would want, he doesn’t shed blocks all that well.  Thats probably because he’s never been healthy for more than a year at a time. Top tier skills but not athleticism.

Archived