2019 NFL Draft Thread: Nashville

DoleINGout

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Lindstrom is not a first round talent. Good not great.

Dalton Risner I initially saw and thought was a dominant, versatile guy. Upon closer inspection Risner some major flaws and I only see him as a  potential decent starting center in the NFL. Otherwise, a day three tackle prospect, fringe day two guard prospect, and if he learns to snap the football then in time may prove worthy of a mid-second round pick.

Bradberry is a better center propsect than either Risner or Lindstrom currently but he is small and not worthy of a first round pick either.

Lets agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Lets agree to disagree.

Just edited this in my last post:

I completely agree with your point about Marcus Cannon being unreliable. It's obvious that quality reserves are coveted immensely by the Patriots under Belichick. Spending a first round pick on a backup quality player however is not going to happen.

Of the three, Lindstrom represents the best pick in my opinion, but it would be disappointing to settle for him at 32. A good player, yes, but not optimizing value.

10 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I like him a lot. He seems like a good fit for the Patriots. Only downside I (think) is his age?

We all know the Patriots will trade down and draft Chris Lindstrom. I wouldn't hate the pick - he's going to be an awesome pro and is a safe pick- but I'd like to see them two early round picks on some pass catchers.

I think he is 24?

Edit: Nope, he is 22 and turning 23 on April 15th. Shocker, another athlete who is an Aries.

Edited by DoleINGout

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Just edited this in my last post:

I completely agree with your point about Marcus Cannon being unreliable. It's obvious that quality reserves are coveted immensely by the Patriots under Belichick. Spending a first round pick on a backup quality player however is not going to happen.

Of the three, Lindstrom represents the best pick in my opinion, but it would be disappointing to settle for him at 32. A good player, yes, but not optimizing value.

I don't see a need or a better prospect at 32. I see many saying Dexter Lawrence,Jerry Tillery, or a WR. I don't see the 1st two being there at 32. I also don't want a WR at 32 when there a so many quality (WR) players in the later rounds.

The only other player I see at 32,  Charles Omenihu [ DL ] Texas.

PS  If I had my choice I would trade the pick. Especially if its a 1st rounder in 2020.

Edited by m haynes

19 hours ago, m haynes said:

I don't see a need or a better prospect at 32. I see many saying Dexter Lawrence,Jerry Tillery, or a WR. I don't see the 1st two being there at 32. I also don't want a WR at 32 when there a so many quality (WR) players in the later rounds.

The only other player I see at 32,  Charles Omenihu [ DL ] Texas.

PS  If I had my choice I would trade the pick. Especially if its a 1st rounder in 2020.

Lindstrom looks to have a lot of good. Serious athlete, good hands, very quick laterally. He's going to get pushed in a bit, but he's going to be good, I think.

Not sure I'd take a guard at 32, but if he's there and it's good value considering others have gone - I'm happy with it

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

Pro Days

OG Nick Allegretti, Illinois (6040, 320 lbs):There is a lot to like about Allegretti from his experience to his role as a two-year team captain. Furthermore, he excelled as both a pass blocker — he allowed only one quarterback hit on 394 dropbacks in 2018 — and in the running game during his senior season at Illinois. (via Tony Pauline)

CB Xavier Crawford, Central Michigan (5109, 187 lbs): Considered a late-round prospect, Crawford has the skill set to serve as a press-man cornerback at the next level. While not the most athletic player, he could carve out a niche as a rotational defender and special teamer. (via Tony Pauline)

OT Aaron Monteiro, Boston College (6070, 320 lbs): After not getting invited to the combine, Patriots offensive line coach Dante Scarencchia worked Monteiro out at Boston College’s pro day. The projected late-round selection certainly brings intriguing size and experience to the table. (via Adam Kurkjian)

OG Chris Lindstrom, Boston College (6038, 308 lbs): One of the best interior offensive linemen to enter this year’s draft, Lindstrom could very well hear his name called on day one due to his moving skills, size, and consistency as both a run and pass blocker. While New England has no need along the interior at the moment, Lindstrom could serve as either a tackle-conversion or security option with Joe Thuney about to hit free agency. (via Adam Kurkjian)

WR Gary Jennings, West Virginia (6010, 214 lbs): Jenning brings adequate speed, experience and route-running skills to the table, and is projected to stretch the field vertically at the next level. He also brings versatility to the table and has some experience as a returner. (via Aditi Kinkhabwala)

WR David Sills, West Virginia (6033, 211 lbs): A big target that might be best used in a Chris Hogan-like role as an X/Z hybrid, Sills offers a high football IQ and an impressive track record of production: after transferring back to West Virginia from El Camino College after the 2016 season, the converted quarterback averaged 62.5 catches over his two seasons for a combined 1,966 yards and 33 touchdowns. (via Aditi Kinkhabwala)

RB Marquis Young, Massachusetts (6010, 215 lbs): While not the most explosive running back, Young has the skills to serve as a change-of-pace back at the next level with upside as a kickoff returner as well. An experienced player, he finished his four-year career at UMass with 784 offensive touches for 4,297 yards and 31 touchdowns. (via Tony Pauline)

DE Jaylon Ferguson, Louisiana Tech (6050, 269 lbs): Ferguson was immensely productive in college — he averaged 11.3 sacks over his four seasons at Louisiana Tech — and has the size to be a successful defender at the next level. While not the most outstanding athlete, he could develop into a solid rotational edge. (via Walter Cherepinsky)

LB Terez Hall, Missouri (6011, 230 lbs): What Hall may lack in size, he makes up with his physicality as a downhill defender and coverage player. While his decision making and general feel for the game need to improve, he could find a role on an NFL roster as a depth and special teams option. (via Tony Pauline)

DE Jamal Davis II, Akron (6031, 243 lbs):Neither the biggest nor the speediest option on the edge, Davis II will need to add to his frame to be able to serve as an edge setter and pass rusher at the next level. Overall, he looks like a developmental late-round or free agency option. (via Tony Pauline)

DE Jesse Aniebonam, Maryland (6030, 260 lbs): Aniebonam has solid size and a quick first step, but failed to translate his athletic skills into production during his 2018 season at Maryland. Missing virtually all of 2017 due to a broken foot might have contributed to this, though, considering that he the five-year senior had 46 tackles, 9.0 sacks, and 1 interception the year before his injury. (via Tony Pauline)

LB Bobby Okereke, Stanford (6013, 239 lbs): An off-ball linebacker of today’s leaner, rangier mold, Okereke was a productive three-year starter for David Shaw’s Stanford Cardinal, amassing 227 total tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, eight pass deflections, an interception, and one touchdown. He put up an elite RAS score of 9.13 after nice showing at the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine, and projects to be an early day-four pick. Nick Caserio worked out Okereke at Stanford’s Pro Day. (via Tony Pauline)

LB Joey Alfieri, Stanford (6030, 235 lbs): While not as athletically “twitched up” as his Stanford teammate Bobby Okereke, Alfieri boasts equally impressive PAC-12 production over the past four seasons, with 156 total tackles, 25.5 tackles for loss, 12 sacks, two interceptions, and two forced fumbles in 47 games. He split time playing off-ball linebacker and on the edge in college, much like the player he says he models his game after: Kyle Van Voy. Alfieri, who reportedly ran a 4.53 40-yard dash at Stanford’s Pro Day — where Nick Caserio worked him out — projects as a potential late-round pick who can contribute right away on special teams. (via Tony Pauline)

Private Workouts

S Mike Edwards, Kentucky (5010, 205 lbs): A 4-year starter in the SEC, Edwards is a gritty box/slot safety who is somewhat limited athletically, but checks a lot of the boxes the Patriots look for in tackling ability and instincts. He draws a 94.7% Mockdraftable match to former Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, and projects as a day-four pick. (via Justin Melo)

CB Derrick Baity, Kentucky (6021, 197 lbs): A long, productive corner who started for three seasons in Lexington, the Patriots likely want to get a good look at a player whose athletic profile drew its strongest Mockdraftable comparison to Aqib Talib. (via Justin Melo)

Two new top 30 visits reported by Ian Rapoport.

QB Daniel Jones, Duke (6050, 221 lbs): The Patriots have to think about the future of the quarterback position, with Jones considered one of the top few quarterbacks available. The Patriots are also known to bring in quarterbacks of divisional interest and the Dolphins could be a first round landing spot. (via Ian Rapoport)

QB Will Grier, West Virginia (6021, 217 lbs): The Patriots also met with Grier at the Senior Bowl, so there’s definite interest. Grier is one of the best quarterback prospects in the draft. (via Ian Raporport)

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Private Workouts

S Mike Edwards, Kentucky (5010, 205 lbs): A 4-year starter in the SEC, Edwards is a gritty box/slot safety who is somewhat limited athletically, but checks a lot of the boxes the Patriots look for in tackling ability and instincts. He draws a 94.7% Mockdraftable match to former Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, and projects as a day-four pick. (via Justin Melo)

CB Derrick Baity, Kentucky (6021, 197 lbs): A long, productive corner who started for three seasons in Lexington, the Patriots likely want to get a good look at a player whose athletic profile drew its strongest Mockdraftable comparison to Aqib Talib. (via Justin Melo)

S Mike Edwards, Kentucky   I forgot about him. What I remember is that he was always around the ball.  I didn't see the " limited athletically" when I watched him play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rrU_u2YeU

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

S Mike Edwards, Kentucky   I forgot about him. What I remember is that he was always around the ball.  I didn't see the " limited athletically" when I watched him play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rrU_u2YeU

Kentucky has a lot of interesting prospects especially on defense this year. But I haven't really watched Mike Edwards at all to know him yet.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Sure is!

I instantly picked Grier out as a target of the Pats with their first round pick. I'm surprised they didn't go after Mason Rudolph in 2018 although in hindsight it seems like they weren't really looking for a QB last year. After the season Brady had and being another year older, I think they're more serious about finding another QB in 2019.

Grier will the perfect pick at 32 for the Patriots. 

Why? because they traded the pick and received a 1st round pick in 2020 from a team dumb enough to reach for a QB.

Patriots 2020 trade up and draft

• Tua Tagovailoa*, QB, Alabama
  • Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
  • Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia

Here are my top 100 prospects for the 2019 NFL Draft:

Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford

Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame

Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

Michael Jordan, C, Ohio State

Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

Jawaan Taylor, RT, Florida

N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Devin White, ILB, LSU

Zach Allen, DE, Boston College

Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Andraez "Greedy" Williams, CB, LSU

Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State

Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

Jonah Williams, LT, Alabama

Devin Bush Jr., ILB, Michigan

Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia

Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

James Williams, RB, Washington State

Yodney Cajuste, LT, West Virginia

Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa Stare

Connor McGovern, RG, Penn State

Jonathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn

Rashan Gary, OLB, Michigan

Michael Deiter, LG, Wisconsin

Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

Andre Dillard, LT, Washington State

Nick Allegretti, RG, Illinois

Chris Lindstrom, RG, Boston College

Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State

D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

Tyshun "Deebo" Samuel, WR, South Carolina

T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

Blake Cashman, ILB, Minnesota

Jaquan Johnson, S, Miami

Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State

Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt

Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

Will Grier, QB, West Virginia

Daylon Mack, DT, Texas A&M

Andy Isabella, WR, UMass

David Edwards, RT, Wisconsin

Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis

Kaleb McGary, RG, Washington

D'Andre Walker, OLB, Georgia

Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State

Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia

Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

Garrett Bradberry, C, NC State

Daniel Wise, DE, Kansas

Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas

Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa

Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware

Tytus Howard, RT, Alabama State

Jakobi Meyers, WR, NC State

Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&M

Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky

Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M

Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech

Christian Miller, DE, Alabama

Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan

Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State

Shareef Miller, OLB, Penn State

Lyndell "Mack" Wilson, ILB, Alabama

Cody Ford, RT, Oklahoma

Cameron Smith, ILB, USC

Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, WR, Oklahoma

Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State

Elijah Holyfield, RB, Georgia

Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

Dalton Risner, C, Kansas State

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia

Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois

Miles Saunders, RB, Penn State

David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State

Cole Tracy, PK, LSU

Germaine Pratt, ILB, NC State

Charles Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida

Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

Jonathan Ledbetter, DT, Georgia

Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State

Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

Trace McSorley, QB, Penn State

David Sills, WR, West Virginia

Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia

Gerald Willis, DT, Miami

Oshane Ximines, OLB, Old Dominion

Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson

Damien Harris, RB, Alabama

WR Deebo Samuel, South Carolina (5114, 216 lbs): Samuel was a do-it-all player in college, producing as a receiver, rusher, and returnman, collecting 2,230 yards from scrimmage and scoring 23 touchdowns over 30 games. He’d be a nice addition to the Patriots offense. (via Tom Pelissero)

TE Noah Fant, Iowa (6041, 249 lbs): Fant is considered one of the top tight ends in the draft, but is viewed as more of a receiving tight end compared to an all-around player. Still, he’d be an excellent addition to the Patriots and Iowa tight ends have a terrific track record. (via Alex Marvez)

WR Jalen Hurd, Baylor (6046, 226 lbs): Hurd transferred to Baylor after three season at Tennessee and switched from playing running back to wide receiver. Hurd was a top running back prospect at Tennessee, gaining 2,635 yards and adding 492 receiving yards. He gained 946 receiving yards and 209 rushing yards in his one year as a receiver at Baylor as their leading receiver. (via Ian Rapoport)