2019 NFL Draft Thread: Nashville

DoleINGout

On 16.4.2019 at 9:10 PM, m haynes said:

I hope he there at 32 however I don't see it. 

He is a stud and I would be doing back flips if we pick him at 32. That's would be the steal of steals.

He covers a major need, both tackles spots and when cannon retires he steps right in.  

I think I'm warming up to this idea.

This is the tape that showed me Littles talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEoNT_TLU0

Against Mississippi and DE Sweat.  Sweat did crap against him. His skill was evident throughout the tape.  His negatives are a easy fix for DS. Little a natural left tackle is a absolutely steal at 32.  ( My favorite at around the 3 minute mark)

His negative hand placement, and preventing D player ( you can see him bending his head back) from getting his hand in on him.  These a minor problems that DS will fix. 

I consider position when drafting, I assume many of you do the same. I consider 4 position above all others.  QB, Left Tackle , Shut Down Corner , Edge Rusher.  To get a player at the second most important position on the field, who has a good chance for being a stud for the next 10 years is a no brain-er.

53 minutes ago, m haynes said:

This is the tape that showed me Littles talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEoNT_TLU0

Against Mississippi and DE Sweat.  Sweat did crap against him. His skill was evident throughout the tape.  His negatives are a easy fix for DS. Little a natural left tackle is a absolutely steal at 32.  ( My favorite at around the 3 minute mark)

His negative hand placement, and preventing D player ( you can see him bending his head back) from getting his hand in on him.  These a minor problems that DS will fix. 

I consider position when drafting, I assume many of you do the same. I consider 4 position above all others.  QB, Left Tackle , Shut Down Corner , Edge Rusher.  To get a player at the second most important position on the field, who has a good chance for being a stud for the next 10 years is a no brain-er.

agreed about the 4 positions although I consider edge rusher much less important than the first 3.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Little has also drawn significant interest from the Dolphins and Patriots.

Yes Little.

I reckon he'll be there at 32. Does BB spend a first round pick on a position that he spent a first round pick on the previous season though? (maybe he does, i've given up second guessing his draft-tech)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Should the Pats take Haskins if he falls to 32? I would consider him a rich man's Jacoby Brissett as a prospect...

I can't see him being there at 32 with all the QB-needy teams below, but IF he is - I wouldn't like it. Not massively high on him, but would prefer to use 32 to get a needy position in (starter - preferably or rotation) and pick QB with a lower pick with good value (Grier I guess).

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I can't see him being there at 32 with all the QB-needy teams below, but IF he is - I wouldn't like it. Not massively high on him, but would prefer to use 32 to get a needy position in (starter - preferably or rotation) and pick QB with a lower pick with good value (Grier I guess).

QB See me in 2020. This year class is hyped like every year, but they are average at best.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed that I haven't had the motivation this year to do much pre-draft stuff like years prior. It kind of sucks not knowing much beyond the, say, top-50 prospects.

On the Haskins question, if he's there at 32 there's like a 95% chance Bill would trade the pick for an absolute haul to a team looking to get him with a fifth-year option ahead of the top of the second where more teams might look to take a QB.

• Like 1

NFL network just had a breakdown on QB in the draft. They were talking about the faults and over reaching for need. they compared this year class with 2011 draft and how teams took QB that were not deserving of there draft status.Brian Balding has major concerns with D Jones and if he has the makeup to deal with the pressure at the next level.. He said that Jones had difficulty and he was disappointed in his performance while working with Pro coaches.

CAM NEWTON.

COLIN KAEPERNICK.

ANDY DALTON.

JAKE LOCKER. ---------- D Lock

CHRISTIAN PONDER. ---------------  D Jones

BLAINE GABBERT.

Edited by m haynes