-Jared cook 

-John Hankins 

-Denzell good 

Free agent :

-donte Moncrief-wr- change of scenery might help

-Breshad Perriman-wr- same as above

-Markus golden -de- prove it deal 

-Shane Ray-de/lb- prove it deal

-Preston smith- de- overpay if necessary (big splash fa )

-D.J fluker-og- depth

-deone buccanon-lb/s- prove it deal 

-darqueze dennard-cb- pg guy 

-George iloka-s- pg guy

Tender:

Jalen Richard, Daryl Worley, Erik Harris, shalique Calhoun, Trent Sieg, Jason Cabinda, Daniel Carlson, Marcell Ateman

Draft

1. Arizona-bosa
  2. Sf - q will
  3. Nyj- Josh Allen 
  4. Trade with Jax             #4 (1800pt) for #7 (1500pt) + #69 (245pt) + #94 (124pt).  Jax jumps nyg and picks Dwayne Haskins 
  5. Tb- Jawaan Taylor 
  6. Nyg- Daniel Jones 
  7. Oak via Jax trade         #7 (1500pt) for #15 (1050) + #46 (440)   wash jumps Denver to pick Kyler Murray 
  8. Det- devin white
  9. Buff-Rashan Gary 
  10. Den- drew lock
  11. Cin- Cody Ford 
  12. Gb-Montez sweat
  13. Mia- Jeff Simmons 
  14. Atl- Ed Oliver 
  15. Oak via trade with wash    -Devin Bush / lb /Michigan     -new leader on defense. Smart gritty player that will have a huge impact on our defensive character. 3 down quality mlb finally                        
  16. Car- Clelin Ferrell 
  17. Cle- dremont Jones
  18. Min- Jonah will
  19. Tenn- aj brown 
  20. Pitt- Mack Wilson 
  21. Sea- tj Hockenson 
  22. Balt- josh Jacobs
  23. Hou- Greg little 
  24. Oak via trade with chi  - Jachai Polite /de-lb/ Florida  - Best pass rusher left and maybe best in the draft. We need to get faster on the edge and after missing on josh and bosa we get the next best bender. 
  25. Phil- greedy will
  26. Indy- Jaylon Ferguson 

27. Oak- Andre Dillard  /ot/ wash st.  -since Carr is the guy at least for another year we go get more protection. Dillard is as good as they come and will be a rock on the oline. Best man gets LT 2nd best at rt.                                                                                                                                                                                

2nd round.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

A) #35 David Montgomery / rb/ Iowa st.  -real 3 down rb. Takes pressure off of Carr makes defenders miss, homerun threat who can run over people if necessary.                                -                   

B) #46 via Washington trade.   -Chase Winovich /de-lb/ mich.   -getting faster on the edge part 2. Chase is another good quality guy who can get to the qb fast.                                                -                                               

3rd round.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

66) Will Grier / qb / West Virginia  -guy that can sit and learn behind Carr and might surprise if forced to start. Better than aj                                                                                                       

69) trade via Jax.  

Taylor Rapp / s / Washington  - bigger safety who can help with te’s and allow kJ to continue to play center field.                                                                                                                       

94) trade via Jax.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Andy Isabella / wr/ umass  -shifty slot guy who can work the underneath and get open. He’s short so Carr might mistake him for a rb and get 100 targets.                

4th round.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Keelan doss / wr/ uc Davis.   -bigger target for Carr who has size and speed with good hands. Small school sleeper.                                           -                                                                     

5th round                                                                                                                                      

Tommy Sweeney / te / Boston College  -big underrated te with soft hands who can block. Solid athleticism.  -                                                                                                                                            

6th round.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Jordan brown / cb / South Dakota    -long corner with speed and ball skills.                                                        -                                                                                                                                        

7th round.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Steven coutts/ p/ cal   -not happy with our punter.                                                                   

What do yall think?                    

I know it adds up on the chart. But if i am dropping back to 15. And only picked up an extra 2nd 3rd and 4th thats not good value. I would want a future 1st somewhere in there while coming away with an 2nd and 3rd this year.

At 15 i would take Ferrell. I love Bush but i think Bush will drop due to his size and will be available at 27. 

I would take DeAndre Baker or Greedy Williams at 24. 

And Bush at 27

Harry  at 35.

I like Winovich at 46

Like Grier and OT in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

I know it adds up on the chart. But if i am dropping back to 15. And only picked up an extra 2nd 3rd and 4th thats not good value. I would want a future 1st somewhere in there while coming away with an 2nd and 3rd this year.

At 15 i would take Ferrell. I love Bush but i think Bush will drop due to his size and will be available at 27. 

I would take DeAndre Baker or Greedy Williams at 24. 

And Bush at 27

Harry  at 35.

I like Winovich at 46

Like Grier and OT in the 3rd.

Just tryna keep it realistic with the trade. After being robbed last few years in trades I think getting a 2nd and 2 (3rds) to move down 11 spots is worth it especially when the big 3 (bosa, q will and josh) are gone.

dont think bush makes it past Pitt 

ferrell was a hard pass but I think polite will be a stud and I think the drop off after bush is tremendous

not really a fan of greedy or baker

Harry would be a good pick tho

I like the overall approach. My main qualms would be the status if the WR and RB position. WR just seems to be a reliance on a lot of average FA guys. Although I love Isabella and Doss in the draft. And RB puts a lot on a rookie RB without much depth beyond Richard who's not an every down back.

Less important: Fluker is unnecessary imo if we resign Good. I assume Felciano walks here so a backup center is needed.

All in all though nice work.

With regard to the pass rushers NCough I do like them as individual players but aside from Preston Smith (who probably will fit nicely at DE) they all seem like pass rushing LBs to me perfect for a 3-4 or a 5-2 defence like we ran sporadically a few years ago with Mack and Irvin on the edges. I'm not sure guys like Rey, Polite, Golden and Winovich really are what Paul Guenther is looking for in a DE judging by what he had and used in Cinci. That's not to say I don't like them as players - I like them all! 

If we're going 3-4 then I'm all on board, though it seems like a logjam with all those guys and Key, Calhoun, and Cowser already on the roster.

I do like the WRs in Isabella, Doss and Moncrief and we do need to provide Carr with help. It's definitely outside the box and fun to speculate but I can't see us really doing something like this!  

17 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

I like the overall approach. My main qualms would be the status if the WR and RB position. WR just seems to be a reliance on a lot of average FA guys. Although I love Isabella and Doss in the draft. And RB puts a lot on a rookie RB without much depth beyond Richard who's not an every down back.

Less important: Fluker is unnecessary imo if we resign Good. I assume Felciano walks here so a backup center is needed.

All in all though nice work.

I hear you and fa and the draft is kinda mediocre at wr this year. 

I understand the back up center deal so I agree with fluker just tired of not having oline / dline depth

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

With regard to the pass rushers NCough I do like them as individual players but aside from Preston Smith (who probably will fit nicely at DE) they all seem like pass rushing LBs to me perfect for a 3-4 or a 5-2 defence like we ran sporadically a few years ago with Mack and Irvin on the edges. I'm not sure guys like Rey, Polite, Golden and Winovich really are what Paul Guenther is looking for in a DE judging by what he had and used in Cinci. That's not to say I don't like them as players - I like them all! 

If we're going 3-4 then I'm all on board, though it seems like a logjam with all those guys and Key, Calhoun, and Cowser already on the roster.

I do like the WRs in Isabella, Doss and Moncrief and we do need to provide Carr with help. It's definitely outside the box and fun to speculate but I can't see us really doing something like this!  

I think we’ll run a hybrid defense with Preston being more of a classic de but chase and polite imo can man the edges. Polite will surprise a lot especially with arm length and strength 

rather have a log jam and cut guys then have to get guys off the street to start mid season like kony. 

I know it’s wild lol but with mike may on the team I have no idea how this draft will go

Archived