Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Mack's, Mack... he's getting a done of attention every snap. He's a case study in "should you pay a defensive player that much" as they don't effect the game every snap as say the QB. 

We can get into compensation, salary, etc. all we want but end of the day, will Mack win a Superbowl with the Bears because that's why you make that type move if you're Chicago. 

Really interested to see what Chicago does next year with a target on their back, playing a #1 schedule, etc.

absolutely agree.
It will also be interesting to see how they do once they have to pay Mitchell. 

No team has ever paid 2 players above $20mil in a regular season, or at least no team had prior to this year. 
The Raiders simply didnt want to be the first. 

Right now, chicago has the luxury of paying their QB under 5 mil the next 2 seasons. 

That will change, and when they have to sign Mitch, there D will loose a couple pieces. 

Their SB window, with Mack IMO is the next 2 seasons. 

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

absolutely agree.
It will also be interesting to see how they do once they have to pay Mitchell. 

No team has ever paid 2 players above $20mil in a regular season, or at least no team had prior to this year. 
The Raiders simply didnt want to be the first. 

Right now, chicago has the luxury of paying their QB under 5 mil the next 2 seasons. 

That will change, and when they have to sign Mitch, there D will loose a couple pieces. 

Their SB window, with Mack IMO is the next 2 seasons. 

I wonder if signing Mack contributes to them losing Amos and Massey in FA. 

They will be an interesting team. I agree with you on their window and I still have questions on if Trubisky is the guy. He should have had 4 INTs yesterday in the first half alone. Still throwing into crowds. 

And they are without picks in round 1 or 2 this year so getting help in areas becomes tough. 

Well the Mack trade is a no brainer for a gm who has 2, max or 3 years and the succes is depending on Trubisky. Especially since the short term impact is $10-15 million a year which you save anyway due to having a rookie qb contract. Add in that as of today the trade is roughly #25&#25 for Mack &#37. Imo a very good move to make the most of a situation by the Bears.

Having said that i just dont see them winning a SB in the next 2-3 years, and after that the $ advantage is gone and Mack likely declining.

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Mack's, Mack... he's getting a done of attention every snap. He's a case study in "should you pay a defensive player that much" as they don't effect the game every snap as say the QB. 

We can get into compensation, salary, etc. all we want but end of the day, will Mack win a Superbowl with the Bears because that's why you make that type move if you're Chicago. 

Really interested to see what Chicago does next year with a target on their back, playing a #1 schedule, etc.

Interesting Mack vs Donald or edge vs dt

which position  has the bigger impact?

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I'd take Donald 10/10. Just look at his freaking stats as an interior position where it is harder get pressure. Plus I consider interior pressure more difficult to deal with vs outside.

Still, I hate seeing Mack in an ugly damn Bears uni.

17 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Left us with at worst a high end a number 2 corner in Conley fwiw. I’d say it’s not as bad you paint it but as for a the Arizona trade Chuck signed off on it no ?

yeah that Cardinal trade ticks me off.. and they we go ahead and trade that 3rd rounder for Bryant.... 

36 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

DT. Interior pass rushers are rare and Donald is unlike anything we've seen. Dude almost broke the sack records form an interior Dline spot. That's unreal to me. Just completely dominate through double teams. A true difference maker.

44 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd take Donald 10/10. Just look at his freaking stats as an interior position where it is harder get pressure. Plus I consider interior pressure more difficult to deal with vs outside.

Still, I hate seeing Mack in an ugly damn Bears uni.

Agree wondering how it will play into future contracts like Clowney 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

DT. Interior pass rushers are rare and Donald is unlike anything we've seen. Dude almost broke the sack records form an interior Dline spot. That's unreal to me. Just completely dominate through double teams. A true difference maker.

He’s rare and the nfl is a copy cat league so I wonder how it will change things going forward. Drafting and contract wise

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It helps that he has Brocker and Suh next to him. Put him next to subpar 3-4 Dlinemen and you cut his sacks by 5 imo.

But, YES he is a FREAK.

30 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’s rare and the nfl is a copy cat league so I wonder how it will change things going forward. Drafting and contract wise

I don't think it will change much because Donald proved his dominance in college and the pros before he got any real praise. Edge pass rushers will always be the "sexier" prospects, for lack of a better term. Height weight speed guys that people "think" they can develop into QB hunters.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'd be fine with Fangio going to Denver. He's not head coach material. His gruff demeanor will wear on players, especially offense. And Denver having a defensive minded HC and needing to develop a QB.... win/win. 

Rumor is their current favorite is Munchack which is lulz.....

Well...

F

I hope you're right. I just doubt it after hearing the Bears defense singing his praises all year.

Archived