No trade partner mock

rampantjet

Everyone (myself included) have been making mocks with us trading back for big package deals.  We have to face the possibility that we might not be able to find a trade partner.  

Cuts:

Crowell-  Already been leaked pretty much saves 2 mill.

Resignings:

Anderson- 2nd round tender

McClendon- Great depth and good leader 3 mill

FA:

Matt Paradis C- Our biggest name offensive signing.   12 mill per

Quinton Spain OG-  I don't think Saffold makes it to FA, so we take sign Spain.  He isn't going to light the world on fire but he is a decent OG who will still be a step up from what what had there last season.  He'll compete with a rookie and Winters for the 2 starting spots.  6 mill per

Golden Tate WR-  Seems like half of the teams in the league have Humphries mocked to themselves.  He is a nice player but age isn't everything.  Tate has been quietly having a really good career doing exactly what we need someone to do..... be open for Sam and be able to get him a few extra yards with his feet.  People are talking like he fell off last year, but he was on pace for his 5th straight 90+ catch season before he was traded.  We sign him with a 2 year out for 11 mill per.  

TJ Yeldon RB-  I think Yeldon is under rated.  He is a really good receiver out of the back field, and looked better running the ball than Fournette last year.  He can be had for cheap and is still young.  4 mill per

Trey Flowers EDGE-  Good all around player, count me in.  14 mill per

Dante Fowler Jr EDGE-  Not the guy that i would sign, but I think Macc likes him.  Tried to make a run at trading for him.  Like i said not my favorite, but it isn't all bad.  He is still really young, not even 25 yet.  Still time for him to put it all together.  8 mill per

Ronald Darby CB-  Solid young CB, we need someone across from Tru who is at least reliable.  11 mill per

We have 35 mill in cap space left over after these signings.  

Draft:

#1 Cards Trade out for someone who wants Haskins, they have tons of needs

#2 SF takes Bosa

#3 Quinnen Williams DL-  We are tempted to take Josh Allen but Quinnen is just to good to pass up.  He is flat out the best player in this draft and with him and Leo playing the middle we could potentially have a brutal interior pass rush for years to come.  Nothing bugs QB's like getting destroyed up the middle.  

#68 Riley Ridley WR-  We take advantage of a super deep WR class.  Ridley doesn't seem to be getting the buzz that some other guys are getting at the moment, but he is just a flat out ball player.  I think he ends up being just as good as his brother if not better.  

#93 Elgton Jenkins OG/C-  Guy has some potential and the added benefit of versatility.  Can play C or OG.  Even if he loses out on a starting gig this year that makes him a valuable back up

#105 Elijah Holyfield RB-  Could end up being a nice well rounded back.  Plus Georgia has had some good luck sending RB's to the pro's lately.

#141 Zach Gentry TE-  Herndon looks like a nice young TE, but i have no faith in anyone we have behind him.  This kid is 6'7 250, and has some movement skills.  We take a shot at getting ourselves another guy that defenses have to match up with.  

7th rounder..... meh not sure.  

Not bad, Big Yeldon fan so I really like him as an alternative to Bell if we went that direction, just a few things, I don’t think we come out of the draft without at least a developmental LT so I think it would be better to use the Jenkins pick on one instead of him and I want no part of Fowler or Darby, Darby can be a nice player but coming off an ACL and never playing a full season has me scared of him and with Fowler he’s just not good, I was a big proponent in adding him this past offseason and trade deadline but he just hasn’t turned the corner that makes me feel like he’s a true difference maker.

7 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Not bad, Big Yeldon fan so I really like him as an alternative to Bell if we went that direction, just a few things, I don’t think we come out of the draft without at least a developmental LT so I think it would be better to use the Jenkins pick on one instead of him and I want no part of Fowler or Darby, Darby can be a nice player but coming off an ACL and never playing a full season has me scared of him and with Fowler he’s just not good, I was a big proponent in adding him this past offseason and trade deadline but he just hasn’t turned the corner that makes me feel like he’s a true difference maker.

Ya i am not really into Fowler either.  Just reading the tea leaves on that one.  

My thought process on LT is that you generally have to take them early, and there aren't any blue chippers in FA right now.  I think we use Beachum for another year, and try to draft one early next year.  

I really like your draft. It also seems very realistic, could definitely see the draft falling this way.

I think a lot of Jet fans are going to be disappointed in free agency. Most mocks have us signing 3-4 of the best players at their given position. Just don’t think that is going to happen. Doesn’t mean they can’t have a great free agency though. Getting good value on players like J. Crowder or P. Smith after the initial wave of signings can go a long way. 

11 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I really like your draft. It also seems very realistic, could definitely see the draft falling this way.

I think a lot of Jet fans are going to be disappointed in free agency. Most mocks have us signing 3-4 of the best players at their given position. Just don’t think that is going to happen. Doesn’t mean they can’t have a great free agency though. Getting good value on players like J. Crowder or P. Smith after the initial wave of signings can go a long way. 

Ya it can be hard to resist the urge to just sign every big name, but it just never happens that way.

10 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We pass on Josh Allen- F

He is a bigger need, Q is the better player imo.  I like Allen, but until that 3 sack bowl game he was just in the big clump after Bosa.... that game really set off his top 3 hype.  That being said I wouldn't be upset if we took him, but taking Q over him doesn't automatically make it an F.

If we had a new GM I could see us drafting Williams this draft. Just can’t see Macc doing it though. Seeing Leo not be worth his pick. Having to move on from Sheldon and Mo. All under his tenure. I think he realizes that a DT isn’t worthy of that pick. 

Not bad. I would be happy with the players you drafted although I think I would use the 5th on a CB, DE, or Ol that might have dropped. don’t see the need for another TE. I do think Ridley, Jenkins and Holyfield will be taken befor our picks but who knows

as for free agency, we’ll we’ll have a better idea of what’s going on in a few weeks, but I would flip Fowler for Sheldon and take Allen or Ferrell (assuming they both do well at the combine) based on who Williams feels better fits our defense.   

10 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

VERY REALISTIC. Nice draft. Love the Q pick too. Adding FLowers and Q to that D line will be dominate up front vs the pass and the run.

Exactly what I was thinking. Very realistic which I’m always a fan of. Just can’t see Macc choosing a DT with his history with us and DTs. I also think they like Shepard more than we think. He had his year to adjust to higher level competition. Now it’s time to show.

31 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Not bad. I would be happy with the players you drafted although I think I would use the 5th on a CB, DE, or Ol that might have dropped. don’t see the need for another TE. I do think Ridley, Jenkins and Holyfield will be taken befor our picks but who knows

as for free agency, we’ll we’ll have a better idea of what’s going on in a few weeks, but I would flip Fowler for Sheldon and take Allen or Ferrell (assuming they both do well at the combine) based on who Williams feels better fits our defense.   

I would love to add another CB but this is a horrible CB draft.  Also i happen to really like Derrick Jones, and i also think Parry has a chance to figure it out, he has the physical tools.  

Archived