BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Except that I can always get guys from my 75-100 range in the 6th and 7th rounds.  I enjoy those late round fliers.  

And other guys quit by that point and miss picks which is another thing I am trying to avoid. There are people who don't like the draft as much and trade away all their picks so as to not seem as knowledgeable. Why cater to your wishes when they would rather add real talent and leave the fliers to PFA/Shark Tank etc. You can still get those guys then too this wouldn't prevent that.

Once Ted sets up the discussion and after the 12 hours we can put it to a vote and see. 

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

And other guys quit by that point and miss picks which is another thing I am trying to avoid. There are people who don't like the draft as much and trade away all their picks so as to not seem as knowledgeable. Why cater to your wishes when they would rather add real talent and leave the fliers to PFA/Shark Tank etc. You can still get those guys then too this wouldn't prevent that.

Once Ted sets up the discussion and after the 12 hours we can put it to a vote and see. 

Which is their right to do, although who here doesn't have guys they can draft late?  I've never seen anyone trade away all their picks for the reason you just stated.  I could ask the same question of you, why cater to your wishes when it encourages laziness in drafting and will make zero difference in which players hit and which don't.  So the 'adding real talent' point means absolutely nothing.  

What this does is keep guys from being able to draft those late round players they think will be steals and turns two rounds into paint-by-number draft selections.

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I wouldn't mind expanding the PFA to 4 rounds by itself. It allows people to take fliers on players instead of getting a ton of "501" offers in FA

You can't sign Rookies in FA only to 1 year deals in the Shark Tank. I am totally against going to 11 rounds as I think we have way too many drafted players as it is now for a 16 team league

I think 3 rounds of PFS + 5 rounds of draft is plenty but I know that won't fly so am compromising with having the same number of rounds as we have now with 4 OFA and 5 rounds of draft.

20 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I like seven round drafts. It may not always benefit the team but the evaluation process is part of my enjoyment here. I’d wager the hit rates per round are similar to the NFL in each round.

2014 Cuba Draft Class
6.6: Craig Loston, SS, LSU
6.13: Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh

2015 Cuba Draft Class
6.7 Garry Peters, CB, Clemson
7.2 James Sample, SS, Louisville 
7.7 Cody Prewitt, SS, Ole Miss

PFA scramble
Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke
Jon Feliciano, RG, Miami

2016 Cuba Draft Class
6.8 Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA
6.15 Devon Cajuste, TE, Stanford

PFA Scramble
Jordan Jenkins, Edge, UGA
BJ. Goodson, ILB, Clemson

2017 Cuba Draft Class 
6.5 DeMarcus Walker, DE/DT, FSU
6.6 Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama 
7.3 Aviante Collins, RT/G, TCU 

PFA Scramble
Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA
Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado 

2018 Cuba Draft Picks
6.9: Jaylen Samuels, RB, NC State
7.5: Dorance Armstrong, Edge, Kansas
7.6: Ian Thomas, TE, Kansas
7.9: Derrick Nnadi, NT, FSU
7.10: Brandon Parker, OT, NC A&T
7.13: Matthew Thomas, ILB, FSU
7.14: John Kelly, RB, Tennessee 
PFA 1: Dane Cruikshank, SS, Arizona
PFA 2: Rick Leonard, RT, FSU

I see more hits with PFA guys than 6th-7th rounders here. With Ian Thomas being the outlier.

My own hit rate is pretty bad as well barring RB's.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

2014 Cuba Draft Class
6.6: Craig Loston, SS, LSU
6.13: Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh

2015 Cuba Draft Class
6.7 Garry Peters, CB, Clemson
7.2 James Sample, SS, Louisville 
7.7 Cody Prewitt, SS, Ole Miss

PFA scramble
Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke
Jon Feliciano, RG, Miami

2016 Cuba Draft Class
6.8 Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA
6.15 Devon Cajuste, TE, Stanford

PFA Scramble
Jordan Jenkins, Edge, UGA
BJ. Goodson, ILB, Clemson

2017 Cuba Draft Class 
6.5 DeMarcus Walker, DE/DT, FSU
6.6 Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama 
7.3 Aviante Collins, RT/G, TCU 

PFA Scramble
Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA
Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado 

2018 Cuba Draft Picks
6.9: Jaylen Samuels, RB, NC State
7.5: Dorance Armstrong, Edge, Kansas
7.6: Ian Thomas, TE, Kansas
7.9: Derrick Nnadi, NT, FSU
7.10: Brandon Parker, OT, NC A&T
7.13: Matthew Thomas, ILB, FSU
7.14: John Kelly, RB, Tennessee 
PFA 1: Dane Cruikshank, SS, Arizona
PFA 2: Rick Leonard, RT, FSU

I see more hits with PFA guys than 6th-7th rounders here. With Ian Thomas being the outlier.

Yeah that is rather unfortunate but it’s on me to evaluate better. I can somewhat identify a players fit will be better when he’s on a team compared to projecting him without insight on where he will end up.

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

But that's not the point any of us are making.  It's not about hitting on all, most, or even more than a couple of those guys. 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

I'm also totally disgusted by the you vote for my proposal I'll vote for yours that happened 

Don't be the BDL owners meeting is the closest all of us but Rags will get to Congress. I'm fully expecting 14-2 because no one likes change.

I'm going to head out as I had a super long day at work and am probably a little cranky and tired. 

This is why I didn't want to have an owners meeting now because it serves no purpose when we have too much that needs changing in order to keep this thing going.

Archived