BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

They should be tradable when the BDL draft starts. For that year only. So you can use them to move back up into the draft to grab a falling guy or once the PFA draft starts to trade up to get a guy but going into future years is not something else we should want to track.

I was saying that if we make PFA tradeable, the window to trade them comes at the end of the NFL draft(when we would see where guys had gone), and goes until the end of the PFA draft.  You treat them like two more rounds of the draft with a narrow trading window.  And I think that allowing people to trade for PFA choices the following year would prove very active.  I would love to get some extra PFA choices for the next year.  

But we basically allow them to be traded during a very short window, and that would limit any issues with tracking picks.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Guys.  if I may.  I think that these three things are things we can all agree to immediately for the next draft.  Let's agree to these, let's see how it works, and then come back to this topic in the summer meeting.

Let's focus on stuff that we can agree to.

I would say contract from 1-5 should be 4 years and PFA only tradable for picks in the same year. We don't need to give more ways for teams to acquire 20 plus draft picks in the future and become like Footsy. Also PFA rounds now are optional so if you don't want to make them you don't have to in order to keep your roster limit in check.

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I don't remember whose idea it was to have a march owners meeting but can we contract their team.

Mike and Hockey want to start the madness early IIRC.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I was saying that if we make PFA tradeable, the window to trade them comes at the end of the NFL draft(when we would see where guys had gone), and goes until the end of the PFA draft.  You treat them like two more rounds of the draft with a narrow trading window.  And I think that allowing people to trade for PFA choices the following year would prove very active.  I would love to get some extra PFA choices for the next year.  

But we basically allow them to be traded during a very short window, and that would limit any issues with tracking picks.

This is bad. But we still love you.

Just now, SirA1 said:

I would say contract from 1-5 should be 4 years and PFA only tradable for picks in the same year. We don't need to give more ways for teams to acquire 20 plus draft picks in the future and become like Footsy. Also PFA rounds now are optional so if you don't want to make them you don't have to in order to keep your roster limit in check.

I'll alter my proposals to make 1-5 for 4 years, but I would like to keep PFA tradeable for that year and the next year, but make the trade window only from the end of the BDL draft to the end of the PFA draft.  

And if we alter the PFA draft, I think the optional part will effectively end.  Especially because a large part of why guys miss picks is because of the block system.  

5 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I don't remember whose idea it was to have a march owners meeting but can we contract their team.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

Mike and Hockey want to start the madness early IIRC.

Swore, don't be looking at my team like that it's not Mike's anymore..

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Honestly, I completely disagree with you. I agree with SirA on limiting it to one draft year. I do think they should be "unlocked" at the start of the BDL Draft so they can be used to move around the draft.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I'll alter my proposals to make 1-5 for 4 years, but I would like to keep PFA tradeable for that year and the next year, but make the trade window only from the end of the BDL draft to the end of the PFA draft.  

And if we alter the PFA draft, I think the optional part will effectively end.  Especially because a large part of why guys miss picks is because of the block system.  

I don't get the resistance to being able to trade PFA selections during the draft just like drafted players are now.

It's the trading back into the first round feel to get your guy that fell now and someone else takes a better position after knowing where the chips fell.

Also I could see PFA selections being offered for guys that get selected that other teams coveted as well.

All good reasons to make them Tradable once the BDL Draft starts not ends.

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Honestly, I completely disagree with you. I agree with SirA on limiting it to one draft year. I do think they should be "unlocked" at the start of the BDL Draft so they can be used to move around the draft.

I think it will turn into people using their whole PFA clock (assuming we move it to a draft styleinstead of a waiver style, which I approve of) to wait to trade away their PFAs this year for one's next year

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Ok, so my proposed changes would be such.  

1.  Contracts for players taken in the first round of the BDL draft would be reduced to 4 years.

2.  Contracts for players taken in the fifth round of the BDL draft would be increased to 4 years.

3.  PFA occurs in the same way as the regular BDL draft in that selections are made individually, not in a block.

4.  PFA selections can be traded from the time the NFL draft ends until the end of the PFA draft.  They can be traded for other PFA selections that year, PFA selections the following year, and regular draft picks the following year.  

16a.  Contracts for players taken in the first round of the BDL draft would be reduced to 4 years.

16b.  Contracts for players taken in the fifth round of the BDL draft would be increased to 4 years.

16c.  PFA occurs in the same way as the regular BDL draft in that selections are made individually, not in a block.

16d.  PFA selections can be traded from the time the NFL draft ends until the end of the PFA draft.  They can be traded for other PFA selections that year, PFA selections the following year, and regular draft picks the following year.

@TedLavie, this is my addition.  I will leave it as is, because I think a, b, and c would pass easily.  Then we can try to tweak 16d if need be.  

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Man this gets confusing when everyone votes, but on their own interpretation of what the new rule should be. Ted's gonna have a field day counting these up.

It's pretty simple. This is just a new discussion period.

15a - Draft picks Rounds 1-5 become 4 years.

6d - PFA Scramble is now a draft that happens after the NFL draft with 2 rounds this year.

6e - Just hammering out when the PFA picks will be tradable. I favor a draft capital format and Rags want more draft picks for the future.

Archived