BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

2020 is when any major changes should take place.

This is something we agree on. Our draft is a month out, making me vote on major changes effective immediately during a winter meeting we never planned to have until recently isn't something I'd be ok with.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think we keep the 7-2 split the same, then let's tweak it this summer.

Perfectly acceptable IMO. There are too many picks swapped at this point to do it any other way.

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

Just so I get this straight, the only actual changes we are looking at is changing 1st round BDL picks to 4 yr contacts, and making PFA a draft rather than sending in Big Boards to bcb?

5th round picks would be 4 years as well.  

And PFA picks could be traded.

2 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Just so I get this straight, the only actual changes we are looking at is changing 1st round BDL picks to 4 yr contacts, and making PFA a draft rather than sending in Big Boards to bcb?

Yes.

5th rounders too and making the 2 rounds of PFA picks you have tradable this year as well.

Not much different really. 

JINX

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Yes.

5th rounders too and making the 2 rounds of PFA picks you have tradable this year as well.

Not much different really. 

JINX

Really the only two issues are if next year's PFA picks could be traded and what time window picks could be traded in.  

16a.  Contracts for players taken in the first round of the BDL draft would be reduced to 4 years.

16b.  Contracts for players taken in the fifth round of the BDL draft would be increased to 4 years.

16c.  PFA occurs in the same way as the regular BDL draft in that selections are made individually, not in a block.

16d.  PFA selections can be traded.

16e.  PFA selections the following year can be traded.

16f.  PFA selections can be traded from ___ to ___.

Ok, so I think my post above gives a good representation of where we are now.  

A and B clean up contract work and are needed.  C should be agreeable.  D should be agreeable.

E and F we can debate a bit.  

Still a no on changing contract length from me.  Way it was set up is better 

1st rounder 5 

2-4.4 

5-7.3 

New system 1-5 4

If you hit on all your first four picks you can't three up them all, you can't extend using a rookie deal so they gone.  No thanks 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Still a no on changing contract length from me.  Way it was set up is better 

1st rounder 5 

2-4.4 

5-7.3 

If you hit on all your first four picks you can't three up them all, you can't extend using a rookie deal so they gone.  No thanks 

Oh no! Free Agency will actually be meaningful. Your argument that you can't 3 up them all is not true as BDL 1st-3rd rounders can end up as RL 1st rounders and have 5th year options which we can use as well. So using that as a reason is false advertising.

Archived