BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

41 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Honestly, I'd rather leave it the same than vote yes to prop 35, prop 35 actually "extends" the season IMO by starting a week earlier. People are going to have to pay attention to BDL for longer if we start the season early, kinda counteractive IMO.

It starts a week earlier when, let's be honest, most of us have nothing else football related to do.  I believe that doing a write up that week would be far preferable to doing a write up during Thanksgiving.  

So it allows people to basically not have to pay attention to BDL during Thanksgiving except for maybe a waiver claim, so the amount of effort equals out.  

Personally, I think it's better to have a week off late in the season to refresh than it is to have a week off the last week of preseason when everyone is geared up to start the season.  

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

I also think this kinda goes hand in hand with the "limited writeup proposal" if we limit the schedule i'd rather not limit the writeups, if we don't limit the schedule i'd be more open to limiting the writeups.

As a mostly passive observer this is a terrible idea, there shouldn't be a hard limit on how you write your game plan/talk about your team.

I'd still want to talk about adding special teams back to BDL but with me no longer being an owner and the summer meeting probably being a better time for it, I'll delay it until then. 

As for the schedule fix, cut games and move the start date to week 4 of the pre-season, starting earlier and shortening the season makes it easier for everyone and solves the problems of holiday issues. Bye week for thanksgiving and you're good.

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

As a mostly passive observer this is a terrible idea, there shouldn't be a hard limit on how you write your game plan/talk about your team.

I'd still want to talk about adding special teams back to BDL but with me no longer being an owner and the summer meeting probably being a better time for it, I'll delay it until then. 

As for the schedule fix, cut games and move the start date to week 4 of the pre-season, starting earlier and shortening the season makes it easier for everyone and solves the problems of holiday issues. Bye week for thanksgiving and you're good.

Not gonna happen. You didn't experience the horror of having to sign multiple injured kickers during a season.

27 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Not gonna happen. You didn't experience the horror of having to sign multiple injured kickers during a season.

13 minutes ago, PR said:

**** that ****. 

That can all be solved fairly easily.

Your kicker gets injured/misses a game and you don't have a replacement? Congrats your kicker kicks for that game (they can die and they will be eligible to kick) and next week you get a free waiver to replace that kicker. This only applies to KICKERS so no rule nonsense about "Hey that kicker played in that game my guy can play in this game"

I've been toying with contract figures to make them work because nobody wants to spend actual money on kickers but they do need to be cheap so people will vote for them, I'd say a max contract figure of 2,500$ for a kicker (if multiple teams bid that much for a single kicker, the team with the initial bid will win) with the minimum being 50$. 

Say you spend like 2,000$ on Justin Tucker in shark tank because you're a mad person who thinks a kicker will be the difference, Say Tucker gets hurt/goes on IR/misses a game. Congrats the 2,000$ you paid on Tucker allows you to get a replacement who will take the salary of that kicker. Tucker then stays on IR/doesn't count against your roster and no longer counts against the cap, kickers are all on 1 year deals so no long term bookkeeping/money tied to them. 

I know there's a lot of tweaks specifically for kickers but obviously the old system didn't work and nobody wants kickers to screw them over so this system allows you to never have to worry about a kicker and allows them to make a difference, you can only bid on them in shark tank as well/get them via waivers. You are only allowed 1 (healthy) kicker per game week, in the event a kicker becomes healthy again/comes off IR you are allowed to choose between the kickers on your roster and send the other back to the waiver pool.

I've thought about how to fix punters but they're not worth the hassle and kick returners have basically been phased out by the NFL so eh.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

@DingoLadd we have enough issues to work through right now without trying to bring in kickers.

3 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Read-Set-Beginning-Kindergarten/dp/B00BD952X2

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Ah, that's right.  I think that Proposal 35 resolves the underlying issue here with the least amount of change.  And I think that waiting till after week 3 gives us a bit more to vote on.

Least amount of change? You move the games up two weeks P3-Week 16 With a Thanksgiving break. Thus not even needing more rules in reference to week 17. P3 is also when the quarters play 3/4 quarters. Week 4 the starters play a series or two and it is all depth playing the rest of the way. If anything P3 gives the closest look to actual play. 

1 hour ago, PR said:

Least amount of change? You move the games up two weeks P3-Week 16 With a Thanksgiving break. Thus not even needing more rules in reference to week 17. P3 is also when the syarters play 3/4 quarters. Week 4 the starters play a series pr two and it is all depth playing the rest of the way. If anything P3 gives the closest look to actual play. 

i'm not super enthused about starting week 4 because of the whole injury, would he would he not play issue that already presents.  i don't want to get into two weeks of that

Archived