Bills Resign DT Jordan Phillips

Kmart128

18 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bigj9797/status/1102701307536781313

So happy to have the guy back in the fold. He was a tremendous addition considering when he was added to the team. Should get a lot of playing time with Kyle retired. Makes DT much less of a need.

He needs to take advantage of his situation but i can see them bringing in another guy too. 

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

He needs to take advantage of his situation but i can see them bringing in another guy too. 

I could see them adding another guy late in the draft. But with Harrison, Star, and Jordan there I don't think we need to add a starter in free agency. And it's not a must need high in the draft. With that being said if the Bills have Ed Oliver as BPA and he is available at 9 then it would not surprise me if we took him. However I think the Bills will fall in love DK Metcalf or Ja'awan Taylor. Im thinking Taylor 

Glad he is back but I'd say lets slow the roll on DT not being a need. A one year deal is basically a prove it deal for him where he can try and take advantage of an open competition at 3T between himself and whoever we draft or add in free agency. He also has never started 16 full games.

25 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Glad he is back but I'd say lets slow the roll on DT not being a need. A one year deal is basically a prove it deal for him where he can try and take advantage of an open competition at 3T between himself and whoever we draft or add in free agency. He also has never started 16 full games.

Glad he's back. I think he's a great depth piece. I still think we need a 3 technique DT. I like Harrison Phillips, but I am not sold that he can be the unquestioned starter next to Star at this point. A 3 tech DT is pretty high on my list behind OL, WR, and TE. If we can get a guy like Oliver at 9, I say we go for it.

14 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I could see them adding another guy late in the draft. But with Harrison, Star, and Jordan there I don't think we need to add a starter in free agency. And it's not a must need high in the draft. With that being said if the Bills have Ed Oliver as BPA and he is available at 9 then it would not surprise me if we took him. However I think the Bills will fall in love DK Metcalf or Ja'awan Taylor. Im thinking Taylor 

They had 4 DTs last year with these 3 plus kyle williams, i fully expect them to add one more. Mcdermott rotates his dlineman alot and wants them all to be healthy and not be worn out by end of game. As for Metcalf i truly do not see him being available at 9 and even if he is i hope they pass on him he has missed 21 games over the last 3 years and is coming off a major neck injury. Im still bitter about the Watkins move and this could be another repeat the bills cannot afford to have. As for taylor if he is the BPA then take him but im hoping the oline is fixed via FA and that they could add depth in 2-4th rounds on the oline position and just go with the best player out there even if it mean it is a defensive player, which is more then likely as it is top heavy on this side of the field in the draft. 

41 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

1 year 4.5 mil is his contract leaving the bills with 74 mil in cap space

Good deal for both sides. We get a guy that knows the sytem and wants to be here and Phillips avoids free agency in a year where most teams will look to the draft for that position.

30 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Good deal for both sides. We get a guy that knows the sytem and wants to be here and Phillips avoids free agency in a year where most teams will look to the draft for that position.

Its not only that he knows the system, he appreciated buffalo and the coaching staff. His issue in miami is constant butting of heads with the DC. He even said he resigned without hitting the market because Buffalo resurrected his career and they deserve to reap the benefits. I like that comment and respect him more as a player.

Archived