Wash, Rinse, Repeat

NYJETS52

So I was talking to my buddy and the Jets potentially have a unique opportunity not only in this draft but upcoming drafts as well.

Let's say they do wind up making a deal with the Giants or any club for that matter which nets us a 2020 1st rounder.  Fast forward a year the season is over and the team we traded with bombed low and behold we are sitting there with another Top 5 pick.  Next year's QB class is better than this one.  Tua should declare the kid from Oregon will have graduated and then whoever is the rising star as there is always one.  

We seriously could be sitting there having the same conversation again as to who to trade down with.  I doubt it happens but it would be phenomenal to be able to acquire talent while stockpiling picks.

Very true. But with Arizona rumored to go Murray, Jacksonville getting Foles and Denver already having their stop gap QB... our list of trade up suitors is slimming. Bridgewater stilkl has to go somewhere too. Only thing that has us still as a decent chance of a trade down is that Haskins did throw well. So his stock is good. Which bolds well for us. I fully don't expect us to get the same value we did for a trade up though.

What QB needy teams are willing to give up a first next year and which will have the least success (netting us the higher potential pick)?  My money is on Washington and Miami (the giants being a close 3rd) but doubt that we would send a pick to Miami no matter the cost. 

It is safe to say that your buddy is clearly not Ekill. lol.

It is not even funny to think about Jets ending up other top 5. grr!!!    However, if we do think Jets will repeat their draft position for 2020 then they should not trade down from #3 and take a shot at pass rusher for real change.   The complaining about lack of pass rushers will never stop so let's reduce to only problem with Jets being top 5 annually.

4 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

What QB needy teams are willing to give up a first next year and which will have the least success (netting us the higher potential pick)?  My money is on Washington and Miami (the giants being a close 3rd) but doubt that we would send a pick to Miami no matter the cost. 

Raiders, Jaguars, Vikings and Buccaneers.  I exclude Dolphins because Jets-Dolphins trade never happens.

42 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It is not even funny to think about Jets ending up other top 5. grr!!!    However, if we do think Jets will repeat their draft position for 2020 then they should not trade down from #3 and take a shot at pass rusher for real change.   The complaining about lack of pass rushers will never stop so let's reduce to only problem with Jets being top 5 annually.

I think you misunderstood.  I was saying that the team we trade down with ends up in the top 5.

10 hours ago, JetsandI said:

@ me bro. what you trying to say lol

Archived