rcon14 Mock 2.0

rcon14

23 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

He can sign right now.

I too wanted a better TE option, but there's just no way I could do it at 12 and by 30 I don't expect one to be there (Fant, Hock). I'm not in love with any of the other ones and with a plethora of rd 3-5 options (this class is super deep at TE), I think that's the more likely scenario, and frankly a better route to go.

I hear ya man, it's something I battled with in my mocks and i'm sure Gutey will in the real thing too depending on Free Agency.

One thing I'm surprised we've seen little to nothing reported on that was brought up here and other mocks was Tramon Williams status.

22 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I'm not sure why we'd need another safety on top of Weddle and Adderley. Tramon is competent if not good and Josh Jones is at least a body. You're not going to get anyone meaningfully better than those two to come in and be a backup.

You have us cutting Tramon.

Like the mock all together.  The cuts are easy ones.  Love the UFA signings.  Would have preferred a more polished TE than Warring but going DEF/ DEF in the first and WR in the second, concessions would have to be made.

34 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I'm not sure why we'd need another safety on top of Weddle and Adderley. Tramon is competent if not good and Josh Jones is at least a body. You're not going to get anyone meaningfully better than those two to come in and be a backup.

You cut Tramon on this scenario. Adderley while I would be stoked if we got him is a rookie and I don't want to go into the season banking on a rookie at a starting spot. In addition there are so many safeties on the market I want another so that we have two vets at the back there. Even a Philips, or Glover Quin, Tre Boston etc. 

19 minutes ago, SSG said:

You have us cutting Tramon.

Like the mock all together.  The cuts are easy ones.  Love the UFA signings.  Would have preferred a more polished TE than Warring but going DEF/ DEF in the first and WR in the second, concessions would have to be made.

I cut Tramon pre-FA due to his large cap hit. At the end of the draft, you'll see a post-draft FA section where I bring Tramon back at a lower number.

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

You cut Tramon on this scenario. Adderley while I would be stoked if we got him is a rookie and I don't want to go into the season banking on a rookie at a starting spot. In addition there are so many safeties on the market I want another so that we have two vets at the back there. Even a Philips, or Glover Quin, Tre Boston etc. 

Tramon was brought back after the draft as you'll see in the post-draft FA section.

3 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Tramon was brought back after the draft as you'll see in the post-draft FA section.

Apologies I didn't see that. Would prefer to bring in someone younger than T.Will. A 34 year old Weddle and 35 year T.Will will be quite an old pair of safeties.

Weddle I could live with but T.Will no thanks, not when there are so many options available. I hope we are hunting early for a safety pre draft so that we are not dependant on landing Adderley.

Just now, Brit Pack said:

Apologies I didn't see that. Would prefer to bring in someone younger than T.Will. A 34 year old Weddle and 35 year T.Will will be quite an old pair of safeties.

Weddle I could live with but T.Will no thanks, not when there are so many options available. I hope we are hunting early for a safety pre draft so that we are not dependant on landing Adderley.

Gonna be honest, I don't see any way GB spends 14+M AAV at safety which is likely what it would require to land two starting quality safeties, even in a more depressed market.

2 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Gonna be honest, I don't see any way GB spends 14+M AAV at safety which is likely what it would require to land two starting quality safeties, even in a more depressed market.

I hope they do. 7% of the cap on a pair of starting safeties I could live with easily, especially a spot with so little talent. I mean they are paying Graham just under that at 6.46% of cap. I would prefer two starting safeties rather spending 10m + (5.5% of cap) on Collins

Just now, Brit Pack said:

I hope they do. 7% of the cap on a pair of starting safeties I could live with easily, especially a spot with so little talent. I mean they are paying Graham just under that at 6.46% of cap. I would prefer two starting safeties rather spending 10m + (5.5% of cap) on Collins

I mean, I don't see why adding one safety in FA and another in the draft is such a problem. There are options beyond just Adderley that could work in that portion of the draft as well (CGJ, Thornhill) so it's not an Adderley or bust strategy.

Just now, rcon14 said:

I mean, I don't see why adding one safety in FA and another in the draft is such a problem. There are options beyond just Adderley that could work in that portion of the draft as well (CGJ, Thornhill) so it's not an Adderley or bust strategy.

For me it is supply and demand. There is a supply of safeties why not take advantage? Why risk hoping you get a starting safety in the draft and then hope they pan out?

Same argument for edge. Get one, even a Cameron Wake in FA and then pick up at least one in the draft. Our defence needs massive investment in FA. I would blow it all there.

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

For me it is supply and demand. There is a supply of safeties why not take advantage? Why risk hoping you get a starting safety in the draft and then hope they pan out?

Same argument for edge. Get one, even a Cameron Wake in FA and then pick up at least one in the draft. Our defence needs massive investment in FA. I would blow it all there.

I mean, I guess you can't really do that. There is a large supply, but with that there will also be a large demand. All the teams that don't have safeties, even the ones who released safeties, will need safeties. You can't just fill your roster full in FA and then draft players to also fill those spots as well. Roster spots are finite.

Archived