Player/coach ideas

I was thinking of FA and L Woodside as a 3rd QB and mentor/coach to fellow college teammate K Hunt.

E Weddle as special teams asst coach.

T Suggs as LB asst coach.

All three players would be paid as player/coaches.

Questions:

Would salaries count against the cap?

Would there be a limit on player/coaches?

Is this idea feasible in today's NFL?

Should Browns consider any like those above or others who could help mentor/coach/tutor young core of players?

21 minutes ago, #32 said:

I was thinking of FA and L Woodside as a 3rd QB and mentor/coach to fellow college teammate K Hunt.

Questions:

Should Browns consider any like those above or others who could help mentor/coach/tutor young core of players?

If they are a player it would count agains the cap, and i doubt you could rout the cap that way. 

Suggs and Weddle will want to play. 

21 hours ago, #32 said:

Questions:

Appreciate you're thinking outside the box. Innovation is a messy business. I believe anyone who would play at all must count against the cap.

In the rugby league comp in Australia the 2002 bulldogs set up a building  company and paid the wives and girlfriends of players. A good player would be on 200k and his lady on about 60-100k 

The league found and the bull dogs, lost all their points for the season, they only lost a few games, but didnt get to go to the finals. 

The Melbourne storm of the same competition lost 3 championships because they cheated the salary cap. 

Conclusion. Dont trust aussies.

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

In the rugby league comp in Australia the 2002 bulldogs set up a building  company and paid the wives and girlfriends of players. A good player would be on 200k and his lady on about 60-100k 

The league found and the bull dogs, lost all their points for the season, they only lost a few games, but didnt get to go to the finals. 

The Melbourne storm of the same competition lost 3 championships because they cheated the salary cap. 

Conclusion. Dont trust aussies.

In Some cases the Melbourne storm were literally paying players twice. Once on the books and once off the books

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

In Some cases the Melbourne storm were literally paying players twice. Once on the books and once off the books

speaking of, I hope jimmy can jack up a deal behind closed door where Baker gets like 5 million bucks to endorse something, like truck stops or whatever, and then he takes a home team discount. 

Archived