Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

4 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

D1dkPjNX0AISp2t.png:large

I'm not all that excited about it when you consider how much he'll cost us plus his production was hardly missed last year.

He has a ton of carries already in his career too. 

I'd rather draft someone high next year in a stacked class (J. Taylor, Etienne, Najee Harris, Swift, Dobbins, etc.) and let Shady run behind a rebuilt OL.  

A.) maybe Connor is good too??

B.) he’s still better than anything we have and would help Josh TREMENDOUSLY. 

We’ve struggled for how long to get stars and keep stars here and rumors swirl we are interested in one and people try and find a reason not to go get him. But then wonder why we stick in mediocrity. We have a qb on a rookie deal go spend some money on weapons for him.

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

no one is complaining there is more to it then just signing him up. He had a solid oline where any rb was able to play behind just look up the stats Connor had and Deangelo Williams when he was filling in while he was suspended. There is a reason why his stats were so much better then RBs in the league because they had a solid oline. We are simply saying we can go through that process too by building up the oline rather then paying a guy who has questionable characteristics. All in all we do not need to go all in on Bell as this is likely his camp trying to build a higher premium for him. Bills and Colts have been tight lipped and unless they publicly say they are out then they will always be linked to these type of players based on cap and need at the position. 

Yes or no is he better than what we have ten fold? And yes or no would he TREMENDOUSLY HELP OUR ROOKIE QB WHO NEEDS A SAFETY NET IN THE WORST WAY?

We get it, you love Bell. We're just showing you why there should be caution. 

Is he worth the 15+ per year plus a significant amount of guaranteed money? Nah. Not to me. A linebacker just got 17+ per year so I'm guessing Bell will be seeing that or more. 

We already have a capable running back. Shady. Our atrocious offensive line did nobody any favors last year. Bell wouldn't have done anything behind it either, especially given his patient running style.

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yes or no is he better than what we have ten fold? And yes or no would he TREMENDOUSLY HELP OUR ROOKIE QB WHO NEEDS A SAFETY NET IN THE WORST WAY?

No he is not better then what we have to justify paying him 15 million with what we had as oline. 

Something that you need to look in to and realize why shady struggled its not simply because he turned 30 years old. It has something to do with your center Russel Bodine having a 56% grade at run blocking, John Miller RG 56.8% grade at run blocking, Wyatt Teller 49% half the season as LG, Vlad Ducasse 38.5% half the season at LG, that is interior line then you have the tackles Dion Dawkins at 58.9% and Jordan Mills at 47.7%......You could Have gurley, Elliot, Bell, any top RB in the league behind that oline and they all would falter. So i and a few guys in here would rather spend the money on the oline then on an rb asking for top dollar. Whether he is a play maker or not we do not have the foundation for any rb to succeed. 

• Like 2

Who doesn’t love top 3 running backs that help in the are our franchise Qb needs most *short yardage*

i mean get real. Stop trying to give our owners a reason to be cheap. You just want the cap space to sit there? It isn’t your money, as fans we should want the most talent on the field as possible. Where else is the 60+ million or whatever we have left in cap space gonna go? You’d rather it just sit there unused? Wtf.

im not saying sign him to a 7 year deal. Go get him for 3/4 so when his deal is up it’s time to pay Josh. That’s how it works when you have QBs on rookie deals.

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

No he is not better then what we have to justify paying him 15 million with what we had as oline. 

Something that you need to look in to and realize why shady struggled its not simply because he turned 30 years old. It has something to do with your center Russel Bodine having a 56% grade at run blocking, John Miller RG 56.8% grade at run blocking, Wyatt Teller 49% half the season as LG, Vlad Ducasse 38.5% half the season at LG, that is interior line then you have the tackles Dion Dawkins at 58.9% and Jordan Mills at 47.7%......You could Have gurley, Elliot, Bell, any top RB in the league behind that oline and they all would falter. So i and a few guys in here would rather spend the money on the oline then on an rb asking for top dollar. Whether he is a play maker or not we do not have the foundation for any rb to succeed. 

WE CAN SPEND MONEY ON O LINE AND BELL. WE HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR ALL OF IT WOULD YOU RATHER IT GO UNUSED???

WE CAN SPEND MONEY ON O LINE AND BELL. WE HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR ALL OF IT WOULD YOU RATHER IT GO UNUSED???

I would rather it go to a more pressing need, and its not unused either they have to meet the floor cap of 89% and they can roll it over to next year too which means even more money. People say we have 120 mil next year but they dont realize every contract that is more then one year goes in to that so it has dropped with kroft and morse from 120 to now 101-104 based on how it is, not to mention we will have no pass rushers nor dlineman long term, except for Star and Phillip Harrison. Bills arent looking to splash now and be in cap hell next year and not continue to build off of that. "We" meaning Bills organization stink simply because there is no continuity in the organization. GM/HC staffs go all in on year 2-3 with their cap to save their job and usually they fill in holes with big time players like Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, Sammy Watkins (draft picks) they dont produce and be a contender they are out of it right away. New regime comes in and has to clear stuff up year 1 and rebuild all over again. If the bills just push forward making fundamental moves like oline help then it can increase to something more then a repeat every 2-3 years. Making a big splash on a guy like bell is something the organization would typically do to get fans excited but have no real substance. Jets are going nuts on throwing contracts to mosley and barr cause Mac knows his job is on the line as this is year 4-5 at GM and he has yet to reach a playoff game. Skill players are nice and all but the tranches are where teams win and you can give a player the ball if the oline is losing in the trenches. Cant go get a guy like Aj green or Julio or whomever if Allen is running for his life every down because he has no time to throw the ball. We get the oline set and they have cap left over and a player like Aj or Julio becomes available go for it but do not go for a position where the bills are perfect at. Shady was a top 5 rb before last year outside of the one year he was injured he was in top 5. Gore is averaging 4.6 ypc a year hes no home run hitter but he is getting the job done up the middle so I would rather keep these 2 then cut shady and go for bell. Aj and Julio is a different story because that position is weak and they have foster and zay jones (who I think still struggles).

There are still capable wr out there that will not be to expensive around the 8-11 mil marker in Golden Tate, Donte Moncrief and josh brown. May not scream super star but we arent a super star style team they are mainly in bigger markets. What we can be is a solid overall team. These 3 guys can still contribute and help out Allen and make the team over all better. 

20 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Who doesn’t love top 3 running backs that help in the are our franchise Qb needs most *short yardage*

i mean get real. Stop trying to give our owners a reason to be cheap. You just want the cap space to sit there? It isn’t your money, as fans we should want the most talent on the field as possible. Where else is the 60+ million or whatever we have left in cap space gonna go? You’d rather it just sit there unused? Wtf.

im not saying sign him to a 7 year deal. Go get him for 3/4 so when his deal is up it’s time to pay Josh. That’s how it works when you have QBs on rookie deals.

He's also basically a slot receiver who can run good routes.

At this point, I'm good with Bell as well.

Give me Bell and Darryl Williams with some depth pieces and call it a FA

• Like 1

Facts.

Shady has lost a step and is clearly now injury prone, we have rookie contracts on expensive positions for next 3-4 seasons. Bell makes sense, I've been beating the drum for a couple weeks now

I don't believe he's gonna come to Buffalo tho so nothing to worry about

5 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Shady has lost a step and is clearly now injury prone, we have rookie contracts on expensive positions for next 3-4 seasons. Bell makes sense, I've been beating the drum for a couple weeks now

I don't believe he's gonna come to Buffalo tho so nothing to worry about

Shady always has a couple ding ups thats what happens but honestly who is to say he lost a step we have no clue. I think this season will dictate that. Bills lost 2 major contributors on the oline with Wood and incognito. Who were in the top 80% in run blocking to go from that to the 50 and 60% run blocking is a huge drop off in protection. Not to mention the guy who was manning the RG position is now the starting LG for them so it was overall bad performance on the oline. I think the bills end up keep shady and someone will be proven wrong whether it is myself or the people who think he has lost a step. Im happy with not being in the running for bell, to many questions about him when, i would be very leery about his pot situation one more violation and he is out an entire year can you imagine paying him 15+ mil and he gets dinged for that and injury look at gurley he hurt his leg and come to find out its arthritis which is a degenerative disease so is he going to be worth all that money this coming year? Continue to beef that oline up and bring in some key players who can contribute when need be without breaking bank.