Tell me about Trent Brown

RaidersAreOne

Hey fellas,

Congrats on the 3rd round comp pick! I'm hoping to get some info on our new shiny LT. I know he is a better pass-protector than run defender, is massive, can play LT or RT, and is only 25. I also know he has injury concerns and has weight issues.

Anything and everything would be appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hey fellas,

Congrats on the 3rd round comp pick! I'm hoping to get some info on our new shiny LT. I know he is a better pass-protector than run defender, is massive, can play LT or RT, and is only 25. I also know he has injury concerns and has weight issues.

Get ready for all of the observations on tv and fans around you on Sunday's about him being "massive" and "so big".

Other than that, solid signing. I doubt he'll disappoint. Al the Raiders need now is to sign LeVeon Bell and call it a day at the draft.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hey fellas,

I liked him. He was a solid left tackle. Only gave up 3.5 sacks, and none in the playoffs. He can struggle at times, but he should be pretty good. Just be prepared to see some times when it doesn't look worth the $ because he was a mediocre right tackle just two years ago.

Look out for the holding penalties, that's the one thing. He's a good LT but there were 7 holding penalties, and some of 'em were real drive killers.

I don't think he'll struggle as much as Solder did this year. There will be times, but I think he's going to do pretty well.

My fear is that he benefited from a stellar surround cast (our line is stacked), one of the greatest oline coaches ever, and then Brady and his quick release. Moving to an offense without an identity and a QB trying to get his career back on track concerns me. 

As far as his performance here, he was fantastic. 

The talent is there and the production was there last year. I think he just needs a coach that pushes him. That’s one thing Scar is good at; “cracking the whip” to keep him motivated. He has very long arms and is hard to get around him. His run blocking was not that well advertised from 49er fans but looked good under Scar’s tutelage.

Archived