Landry Trade rumours

Kaiowas05

obviously already been rejected as just rumour by the dolphins but Michael Lombardi reported we were listening to offers

I dont agree, I think he should get himself a new 4 year deal but we dont have the cash or the quaterback to feature him. It makes me uneasy and I think we will lose him at the end of the year now.

Option A: Trade him to the Browns.  They have tons of money, picks to spare and a big need at WR.

Option B: Trade him to the Bears. Less ideal, they have a big need at WR, but aside from Kevin White, all of the receivers they do have are slot guys.  And they have less draft picks to work with (I think).

Option C: Trade him to the Chargers.  Trading him to the Chargers would put a Ring-like curse on Jarvis Landry.  A phone would ring, he would get a horrifying message and then seven days later all of his knee ligaments would die. 

Option D: Trade him to the Patriots.  Ever wanted to see a division rival go 19-0 and win every game by a margin of four touchdowns or more? 

Option E: Don't trade him.  Ehh, you'll get that third round pick in 2019 anyway. 

I am big Landry fan but if Miami  could make a great deal for him I would not be totally opposed to the trade. Landry will  cost a ton next contract and of the three big receivers on the team his skill set would be the easiest to replace. If Cutler has a big year Landry's production will most likely diminish and Parker and Stills will be increased. I would miss his toughness more than anything.

42 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Trading him means banking too early on DeVante. What if he gets hurt or doesn't improve like we all expect? Then we'd have Parker - Stills - Carroo. Keep him at least for this season.

Agreed, the only catch would be if the Dolphins already know they do not want to pay Landry what he will demand on the next contract, if that may be the thought why not get a little return on him this year if you can? If Miami was dead set  on keeping him I think a new contract would already be done and some of that hinges on the QB situation for next year what is up in the air at this point also. Landry is more valuable to Tannehill then he is to Cutler.

26 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Seems like an investigation is now being conducted about the domestic violence incident last year. Nice timing, NFL.

Normally I'd say since his baby mama singed an affidavit on-scene stating nothing had happened physically, this would lead to nothing. But the NFL has a bug up their butt about this stuff and, as the Zeke incident shows, they don't care about facts when handing out punishment; unless you play for John Mara that is.

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Normally I'd say since his baby mama singed an affidavit on-scene stating nothing had happened physically, this would lead to nothing. But the NFL has a bug up their butt about this stuff and, as the Zeke incident shows, they don't care about facts when handing out punishment; unless you play for John Mara that is.

Yeah, it should be a total non-issue. But for the NFL even 1% probability equates to 6 games, barring appeal into like 3.

Archived