2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Cardinals cut Robert Nkemdiche, I'd definitely bring him into camp and let him compete as a backup.

Has talent but he may not even pass physical. Cut him pretty soon considering his draft status. That should tell you alot.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:24 PM, Humble_Beast said:

yes, RBs drop like flies when they run hard and violent. Richard is more of a 3rd down back too, so be wise to keep 4 RBs. look at the Pats

1) Starting RB

2) Starting FB (Gruden's history of FB's)

3) 3rd down back

4) Back up RB/FB/goal line power back (Zach Crockett type)

5) Special teams/emergency back

5 in the backfield for the 53 but could be two FB's if one was a goal line power back. The roster looks like 1 FB and 4 HB's (Jacobs, Ingold, Richard, Martin is back up RB but goal line will probably stay with Jacobs or the hot hand during the game. So the question is Washington (my guess if not traded) or Smith who I don't see as a power back and Ingold is cheaper. I could see us making a push for a RB once teams cut. Philly is hoarding them. LOL Would love Howard or Clement as a 1 year rental to ease Jacobs into a full time role but they probably cut a smurf and we've got two of those already.   =)

Edited by G
  • Like 1

On 03/08/2019 at 11:35 AM, roi34 said:
On 02/08/2019 at 5:48 PM, NYRaider said:

The Cardinals cut Robert Nkemdiche, I'd definitely bring him into camp and let him compete as a backup.

Has talent but he may not even pass physical. Cut him pretty soon considering his draft status. That should tell you alot.

I wouldn't be against bringing him in for a try out, I think his issue is mental and maybe trying out for a team he supported as a kid will give him some motivation. I do remember numerous red flags about his work ethic, maturity and his brother if I recall in the draft process. At this stage nothing to lose, if he doesn't get it just cut him.

He has the physical makeup to be a big DE in our system and to fall inside on passing downs, it's not as if we are overloaded with great DEs at this point albeit we have some potential.  

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I wouldn't be against bringing him in for a try out, I think his issue is mental and maybe trying out for a team he supported as a kid will give him some motivation. I do remember numerous red flags about his work ethic, maturity and his brother if I recall in the draft process. At this stage nothing to lose, if he doesn't get it just cut him.

He has the physical makeup to be a big DE in our system and to fall inside on passing downs, it's not as if we are overloaded with great DEs at this point albeit we have some potential.  

Talent has never been an issue with him as he's one of the freakiest DL athletes in the league. He started to show some signs of progress last season with 4.5 sacks but he just hasn't lived up to the hype yet. It's really a high reward/low risk situation and a change of scenery in a place that's actively changing the culture with high character guys might be a good start for him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...