Jordan Hicks to ARZ; what to do at MLB?

Jroc04

26 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I've watched all of them. This lb class sucks something fierce besides Devin White. Germaine Pratt is the only guy I'd want not named Devin White, and i think he's worth a 4th round pick at best. 

Pratt was my next suggestion as I've watched him in person a few times this year. Also fairly certain I saw him from the otherside of a bar one time. I towered over him. 

1 minute ago, ianlewis16 said:

Pratt was my next suggestion as I've watched him in person a few times this year. Also fairly certain I saw him from the otherside of a bar one time. I towered over him. 

He's 6'2 1/2". You must be really tall.

5 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

dude looked quick as hell on the field though. 

He's quick, but he has just average instincts and gets erased by OL when they get a hand on him. Like a taller Mychal Kendricks. That's pretty much this whole class though. It's like LB's are no longer taught how to stack and shed.

Bobby Okreke has the frame and athleticism I prefer for LB, but he can't disengage from blocks or sift through traffic to save his life.

Our best bet this year, imo, is to draft an athletic edge like Justin Hollins, Ben Banogu, or Gerri Green, and then convert them to SLB, move Bradham to MLB, and hope Gerry or Kamu improved at WLB.

41 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

Acceptable loss. I can actually see us going LB early in this draft, even though it's not exactly typical. Early LB picks TEND to contribute early. 

So long as 2 out of 3 of our first picks are O-Line/D-Line sure why not.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

So long as 2 out of 3 of our first picks are O-Line/D-Line sure why not.

Yes for sure OL...we're getting old along that OL, but I honestly think they need to actually see what we have in Barnett, Sweat, Hall, Ostman...our style of play is friendly to all DEs

DT maybe depending who's at 25.  

If we're not in the RB FA market (Ajayi?) we need to grab someone who we can depend on.  

Just now, nlesthought said:

Yes for sure OL...we're getting old along that OL, but I honestly think they need to actually see what we have in Barnett, Sweat, Hall, Ostman...our style of play is friendly to all DEs

DT maybe depending who's at 25.  

If we're not in the RB FA market (Ajayi?) we need to grab someone who we can depend on.  

RB isnt important for us. so long as they can consistently get 3-4 yards. Smallwood Clement and many FAs can do that much. Its not a priority

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

RB isnt important for us. so long as they can consistently get 3-4 yards. Smallwood Clement and many FAs can do that much. Its not a priority

The reason we won a SB was because we ran on everybody. RB is more important than you think. We don't win without Blount and Ajayi running wild. Nick obviously lit it up too vs the Patriots and Vikes, but we ran on them at will.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The reason we won a SB was because we ran on everybody. RB is more important than you think.

Yes with a rotation of runningbacks. One of which was a FA, the other was acquired via trade for a 4th round pick, and the other undrafted. The point is there is no reason for us to expend high draft capital on such a position. If Josh Jacobs falls to our 2nd round pick, then by all means. Otherwise we should take one no earlier than our 4th round pick.

Archived