Consensus Mock Draft - Post Combine - Pick 3 - New York Jets

Danger

Who will the Jets select with the third pick in the draft?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. -First Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • OT Jawaan Taylor
    • DT Quinnen Williams
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • CB Greedy Williams
    • Other (Specify)
  2. 2. -Second Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • OT Jawaan Taylor
    • DT Quinnen Williams
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • CB Greedy Williams
    • Other (Specify)
  3. 3. -Third Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • OT Jawaan Taylor
    • DT Quinnen Williams
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • CB Greedy Williams
    • Other (Specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/19/2019 at 06:00 PM

Quinnen Williams 30 26 7 149
Josh Allen 27 26 5 138

I don't think a run off is going to alter the result in this case since most of the votes were casted for these two to begin with. I'll leave this open until 2:00 PM

43 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I find it funny y’all gave the Jets Q. Williams like EDGE isn’t our biggest weakness and Josh Allen wasn’t sitting in the board. 

Meanwhile the 49ers get Bosa after trading for Ford and drafting Thomas 2 years ago. 

Gotta get those Jets fans to be more aggressive!!

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I find it funny y’all gave the Jets Q. Williams like EDGE isn’t our biggest weakness and Josh Allen wasn’t sitting in the board. 

Meanwhile the 49ers get Bosa after trading for Ford and drafting Thomas 2 years ago. 

Well, it would've happened, but three people voted DK, one voted Greedy, and one voted some other schmuck. They give those votes to Josh Allen, and he's a Jet.

To be fair, though, I would value a monster interior D-linemen over Josh Allen in a Gregg Williams defense. Allen is a great player, but his versatility is what makes him so special, and he'd get placed as a base end, most likely. Don't get me wrong; he'd still get 8+ sacks a year as a base end in a 4-3, but then again, you could get similar production from Q playing 3-tech in a 4-3, and interior rush is more valuable than edge rush on a play-to-play basis. Also, I bet Leonard Williams plays better in "Gregg with two G's" scheme. 

Also, just imagine the play-by-play: Williams, rushing from the edge, forces the QB to step up, engulfed by Williams on the interior! What a great play call by Coach Williams!

The above is just my opinion as far as interior rush being more valuable than edge rush goes. Not saying edge rush isn't valuable, either. Edge rush is great, but who would you pick: Aaron Donald or Von Miller/Chandler Jones? Or, prior to this year, would you have picked Olivier Vernon or Melvin Ingram over Aaron Donald? Because the sack totals were similar. 

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

The above is just my opinion as far as interior rush being more valuable than edge rush goes. Not saying edge rush isn't valuable, either. Edge rush is great, but who would you pick: Aaron Donald or Von Miller/Chandler Jones? Or, prior to this year, would you have picked Olivier Vernon or Melvin Ingram over Aaron Donald? Because the sack totals were similar. 

I'd take prime Von over prime Donald no questions asked.  It's 3rd and 12 with the game on the line, who do you fear more? 

That said I'd take Quinnen over Allen in a vacuum.  Quinnen is the most dominant DT I have scouted since I have been in this armchair.  But a Josh Allen comes along every couple years.

8 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Von single handedly won a Super Bowl. 

47 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Von single handedly won a Super Bowl. 

See? That's why this is legitimately a debate. I would pick Aaron Donald because of his ability to affect the game in so many ways. Due to scarcity, I think a DT of his caliber is worth more than a premium edge rusher. There seem to be more edge rushers, anyways. There are only three or so DTs anywhere close to Aaron Donald, where, as far as edge rushers go, you have Mack, Jordan, Miller, Jones, Watt, Clowney, several tier 1 guys that I'm probably forgetting, and then a bunch of nice guys like Hunter, Griffen, Campbell, Ngakoue, Clark, ZaDarius Smith, Flowers, Ansah, Vernon, even older guys like Graham, Houston, Suggs, Wake, and Long have their value. A ton of decent edge rushers, but there's definitely a top tier.

Archived