Eagles sign FA S Andrew Sendejo to one-year deal

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

hope they just compete and push eachother...it's actually kind of refreshing to see them commit to developing a position like corner

Yea, looks like they’re throwing a bunch of resources at that position. Most likely to keep it inexpensive. 

I see this as a move that improves two positions. No more Corey Graham as the third S. And we can dedicate Maddox to the Nickel instead of the S role he was thrust into last year. 

And I forgot about LeBlanc. Going to be a very competitive summer with those guys. 

The Sendejo pickup negated our 4th for Hicks, for now. 

When we officially lose the other guys, they’ll be some more clarity but for now we’re getting a 3rd and a 4th. Keeping Darby probably cost us a 3rd so instead of the 2 3rds and 2 4ths, we’ll probably land a 3rd, 2 4ths and a later pick depending on what value our FAs get. And of course, who else we may pick up. 

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Is he still good? I feel like he dropped off last year. It’s nice to not have scrubs backing up a safety though. 

I feel like he is also a good ST guy too 

Just like a white Brian Dawkins. Just slower, not a good cover guy, and doesn't hit quite as hard.

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, looks like they’re throwing a bunch of resources at that position. Most likely to keep it inexpensive. 

I see this as a move that improves two positions. No more Corey Graham as the third S. And we can dedicate Maddox to the Nickel instead of the S role he was thrust into last year. 

And I forgot about LeBlanc. Going to be a very competitive summer with those guys. 

Maddox was looking pretty good on the outside leave him there. Sydney Jones and Leblanc duke it out at Nickel

1 hour ago, Eagles23 said:

Maddox was looking pretty good on the outside leave him there. Sydney Jones and Leblanc duke it out at Nickel

No.  Maddox is a +1 at nickel.
Let Darby, Mills, Jones and Douglas duke it out at CB.
(LeBlanc is depth.)
Jones isn't a slot corner and his development was retarded by his insertion there.

Archived