Gute's Amazing Roster Purge

TheOnlyThing

21 hours ago, Chili said:

Remaining TT players on roster:

Offence:

Rodgers, Jones, Williams, Adams, Allison, Davis, Kumerow, Tonyan, Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Linsley, Taylor, McCray, Pankey, Patrick, Springs.

Defence:

Clark, Lowry, M.Evans, Fackrell, Gilbert, Martinez, J.Jones, King.

ST:

Crosby

Based on this tweet I think It's pretty safe to say that a large portion of the remaining OL will not be here after training camp. Some of these guys were depth players under TT and this tweet hints that Gute didn't think the depth was good enough in the first place and after adding Turner, Jenkins, Madison the writing is on the wall for some of them.

The defence has truly been wiped clean. Can see Adams, Gilbert and Jones getting cut and I think that would be the end of the purge on the defensive side of the ball for a while.

I predict the remaining TT guys will be whittled down to just 17 players after training camp.

As in Marwin Evans? He's a Seahawk.

I really like what Gute did to the D. I think he's been able to identify problems and has used different means to address them. This is the best I've felt about our roster since 2014 going into a season. It is nice knowing we don't have any big net negative (UDFA/street FA players levels )slated to starting like we did last year (Bell, Brice)

With that said, typically you expect 3-5 new starters a year and a third of your roster to turn over every year. Having 20-30 players remaining from 2 years years ago is really about right.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Just think, in 20 years OP will be mystified how the ENTIRE roster under TT was overturned.

We'll finally win a SB in 20 years and then it will all because we didn't have any TT leftovers. He'll bump the thread and everything.

EDIT, didn't realize op was Ghost, though it was a certain someone else.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1