Dawgs Gotta Eat

Horseunit

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Of course I want it as a fan, but I think the team will be best served with less added distractions.

It’s already gonna be a circus with OBJ, Baker, Hunt, etc.

Honestly, the only truly potential negative attention I’m worried about is with Hunt. His situation alone would make me not want a bunch of cameras around him.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Honestly, the only truly potential negative attention I’m worried about is with Hunt. His situation alone would make me not want a bunch of cameras around him.

The good news is he’ll be in camp and minicamps and there should be time to address that and move on by the time preseason and the regular season rolls around.

I don’t remember Mixon being a big issue down here, folks moved on pretty quickly.

59 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Oakland has to be the Hard Knocks favorite. 

Yuck. I just want the Las Vegas Raiders to quietly fade away. Everything they do with Gruden there is bleh. He's so fake. Never have I so disliked a team that I have no connection to. They shipped out their Hall of Fame identity to do a rebuild that was not needed. Osemele was the heart of the line (though he's the one I understand most). Cooper was iconic there and their only WR1. These were all solid locker room guys. But yeah, I've never liked Gruden. Tayne has an aversion to the fakes.

tl;dr Gruden is Gettleman-West, maybe less likable.

Just do Cleveland again and call it a day. Give the people what they want. My body is ready.

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yuck. I just want the Lead Vegas Raiders to quietly fade away. Everything they do with Gruden there is bleh. He's so fake. Never have I so disliked a team that I have no connection to. They shipped out their Hall of Fame identity to do a rebuild that was not needed. Osemele was the heart of the line (though he's the one I understand most). Cooper was iconic there and their only WR1. These were all solid locker room guys. But yeah, I've never liked Gruden. Tayne has an aversion to the fakes.

tl;dr Gruden is Gettleman-West, maybe less likable.

Just do Cleveland again and call it a day. Give the people what they want. My body is ready.

Agreed on all fronts. 

They just seem to be the 2018 bottom feeder with the 2019 storylines. And they qualify as they’ve not been on Hard Knocks in the ten year window. 

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Agreed on all fronts. 

They just seem to be the 2018 bottom feeder with the 2019 storylines. And they qualify as they’ve not been on Hard Knocks in the ten year window. 

Oh, and that 10/$100mil fully guaranteed--no way that could go wrong lol.

11 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Agreed on all fronts. 

Yeah they remind me of the Giants from a few years ago when they went out and spent big on Vernon, Snacks, Jenkins, etc.

It’s great for off-season headlines and they’ll likely win a few more games next year, but paying guys like Trent Brown 15 a year is bad business any way you slice it.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s great for off-season headlines and they’ll likely win a few more games next year, but paying guys like Trent Brown 15 a year is bad business any way you slice it.

My buddy in SF--diehard 49er fan--is lulzing non-stop over the guy who was the epitome of JAG even he was in SF. 

I thought Mayock was supposed to be highly talented at assessing talent. Perhaps it truly is just Chucky's world there.

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

My buddy in SF--diehard 49er fan--is lulzing non-stop over the guy who was the epitome of JAG even he was in SF. 

I thought Mayock was supposed to be highly talented at assessing talent. Perhaps it truly is just Chucky's world there.

I honestly think Gruden wanted someone to help him do the legwork, but it’s all Gruden.

Mayock just wanted the title.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I honestly think Gruden wanted someone to help him do the legwork, but it’s all Gruden.

Mayock just wanted the title.

I liked Mayock too. I don't blame the guy for taking that opportunity, though.

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I liked Mayock too. I don't blame the guy for taking that opportunity, though.

I did too.  

I kinda blame him.  He took what clearly seemed like a title with no real input or power to validate he actually knew what he was talking about and not just some talking head.

I always thought he was good at what he did before.  Best in the business actually.  

Not sure that’s gonna be the case now.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I did too.  

I kinda blame him.  He took what clearly seemed like a title with no real input or power to validate he actually knew what he was talking about and not just some talking head.

I always thought he was good at what he did before.  Best in the business actually.  

Not sure that’s gonna be the case now.

But what if he believes in/loves Gruden. You and I are not fans of Gruden, but maybe Mayock is. I'm just trying to understand how he tired himself to Gruden. It can't just be the title and money, can it?

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

But what if he believes in/loves Gruden. You and I are not fans of Gruden, but maybe Mayock is. I'm just trying to understand how he tired himself to Gruden. It can't just be the title and money, can it?

I love Gruden’s personality, but I wouldn’t have given him that contract after being out the game as long as he had.

He also pretty much ran the previous GM out of town, and with his contract he’s not going anywhere.

Maybe they do get along well, but it just seemed like title and maybe money.  At least to me.

Archived