Browns sign G Bryan Witzmann

mistakey

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Bryan-Witzmann-facts-123063969/

While Witzmann has played primarily as a guard at the NFL level, he does have the ability to be a swing tackle for the Bears. At the collegiate level, he played left tackle for the Jackrabbits. He was moved to the interior in the NFL but his size (6'7", 320 pounds) is more like an NFL tackle. He lacks the athleticism to be a consistent contributor at left tackle but can handle his own on the right side if needed.

Desmond harrison replacement?
I know its sacrelige around here to disparage the good name of the "young" project

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Trading Bitonio next?? 

What’s with all the FA linemen?

na woulda happened earlier.  looks like Bitonio's salary got guaranteed so instaed of costing nothing to trade him now it would be 6.5 M.  I think they really want him for a long long time.

Just now, mistakey said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Bryan-Witzmann-facts-123063969/

Desmond harrison replacement?
I know its sacrelige around here to disparage the good name of the "young" project

Maybe.

Curious as to what he’s getting paid.  Is he a guy we should expect on the 53 or just a potential camp body?

Just now, mistakey said:

na woulda happened earlier.  looks like Bitonio's salary got guaranteed so instaed of costing nothing to trade him now it would be 6.5 M.  I think they really want him for a long long time.

Oh I was just kidding, I don’t think he’s going anywhere 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe.

Curious as to what he’s getting paid.  Is he a guy we should expect on the 53 or just a potential camp body?

i mean hes a former starter in KC (13 games during Hunt's rookie season).  I think this is finally what making sure your OL is strong A F looks like.  get a bunch of dudes whove started to be the backups and dont rely on young unproven talent if you have to protect the single most important investment your franchise has ever made

After seeing limited action in 11 games in 2016, Witzmann did enough to earn a starting job in 2017. He finished the season by starting 13 games for the Chiefs. He was instrumental in the team's impressive running game, helping to open up holes for running back Kareem Hunt. Hunt led the NFL in rushing yards last season with 1,327.

We want a more “run blocking” type of offensive line. It’s why you swap a Zietler for a Corbett.

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i mean hes a former starter in KC (13 games during Hunt's rookie season).  I think this is finally what making sure your OL is strong A F looks like.  get a bunch of dudes whove started to be the backups and dont rely on young unproven talent if you have to protect the single most important investment your franchise has ever made

You’re spot on. We need vets on the o-line, not just projects.

Archived