Gophers World Mafia, Rags & The Mother Aligned have Won!

The issue is if matts is actually telling the truth.  If matts is telling the truth about his role and has not already died once, he will become Mafia upon dying.  

Thus, he may have the opportunity to kill the same night, which basically guarantees Malfatron or I will be killed, since matts said that’s what he was going to do.

So, if we think matts is bluffing or is already Mafia per his role flip upon modkill, we have to lynch him today because BDP probably only had the 1 revive.

If we aren’t ready to buy into that theory, the Vig (if we have one) could kill matts.  Either matts dies as Mafia and the theory is confirmed, or matts is telling the truth and survives, but is now Mafia.  But, at least he doesn’t have the opportunity to use a Mafia factional.

If we have a Vig, may want to speak up, because if the Vig has been killing then we have a fairly different risk calculus for today.

Or, if you all want to chase a prospective third faction, I thought the most likely role for the third faction was the Bartender, who flipped Town, though.

bcb is basically just the persistent question mark because his role is just bizarre.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I think the options.are:

Bcb- to find out of he is mafia traitor

Bdp- to find out if he was converted

Me- so that we can get back to regular game talk after I hit swag (because he won't honor his bet). Of course, I will be mafia then, so you will have to Lynch me twice.

Is it terrible that now I want to do this just for the amusement factor?

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Is it terrible that now I want to do this just for the amusement factor?

No.  I think we should do it just so there is no chance a ****ter like Matts might somehow back into a victory that he contributed less than zero toward.

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

The issue is if matts is actually telling the truth.  If matts is telling the truth about his role and has not already died once, he will become Mafia upon dying.  

Thus, he may have the opportunity to kill the same night, which basically guarantees Malfatron or I will be killed, since matts said that’s what he was going to do.

So, if we think matts is bluffing or is already Mafia per his role flip upon modkill, we have to lynch him today because BDP probably only had the 1 revive.

If we aren’t ready to buy into that theory, the Vig (if we have one) could kill matts.  Either matts dies as Mafia and the theory is confirmed, or matts is telling the truth and survives, but is now Mafia.  But, at least he doesn’t have the opportunity to use a Mafia factional.

If we have a Vig, may want to speak up, because if the Vig has been killing then we have a fairly different risk calculus for today.

Or, if you all want to chase a prospective third faction, I thought the most likely role for the third faction was the Bartender, who flipped Town, though.

bcb is basically just the persistent question mark because his role is just bizarre.

Vig should only speaking if he's responsible for touch and squire death. 

Doubt a vig would hit touch

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Vig should only speaking if he's responsible for touch and squire death. 

Agreed, any civ that is making the hits should claim. That would effectively mean the mafia is gone.

10 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Not going to comment on all this, but just state if I had been mafia since night 2, you would have been killed a long arse time ago. 

Long ago.

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

This is the one I can't get my head around fully. I'd have to go back and look over posts, but I don't see any reason for a vig to hit touch at the time - it was his death, after all, that made us realize that there was a brown faction and that the weed dealer was recruiting. He would have had to have had a dynamite read, or information that we aren't privy to, to make that call. 

So there are other possibilities - no kill on n4 after dome was lynched, but then a n5 kill. There may be something to the "write up" idea that swag had about matts in that he was "mod killed" that one night for posting late, but Gopher than flipped him as though he had been lynched, which made him mafia. I could see Gopher doing that, particularly if Dome was in fact the last scum at the time. Would be a bit of a compromise while still keeping the integrity of the game, and making it more interesting since the other scum could possibly be gone. 

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Hey matts, if you’ve been Town this whole time, but can flip to Mafia upon death, why would you want Mafia to expend a NK on you?  Just to handicap your new faction?

Are you asking why, as a current civ, I would play to my win objective? 

Granted, about 5% of me has wanted to switch. That turned to ~75% after our interactions. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Are you asking why, as a current civ, I would play to my win objective? 

Granted, about 5% of me has wanted to switch. That turned to ~75% after our interactions. 

How is dying and flipping to Mafia playing toward your current objective?

Archived